It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former President Trump Admits He Tried to Keep Joe Biden from Being Sworn in as U.S. President.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Sunday, September 17, 2023

The news media outlets are calling this a stunning bombshell revelation and admission from former President/2024 Presidential candidate Donald J. Trump today, during an extended "Meet The Press" (NBC-MSNBC) interview...

Former President Trump admitted that he challenged the 2020 election, despite top administration officials and lawyers advising him that there was no evidence of fraud.

Asked why he ignored them, he said: "I didn't respect them as lawyers." He added that he did not listen to campaign attorneys because those lawyers were “RINOs,” which stands for Republicans in Name Only.

Trump, however, did abide by the suggestions given to him from other outside attorneys. But the ultimate decision was his. “I listened to myself. I saw what happened... my instincts are a big part of it, that's been the thing that's gotten me to where I am.", he said.

WHO HERE ON ATS DID NOT KNOW PRESIDENT TRUMP WANTED TO KEEP JOE BIDEN FROM BEING SWORN IN ON 1/20/2021??

Even casual followers of political developments knew that President Trump felt Joe Biden was elected due to fraud, and for that reason, wanted to stop him from becoming U.S. President.

The full non-edited Interview can be found here: theconservativetreehouse.com...

I suppose anything that detracts from the horrible job Joe Biden is doing as President, and the criminal investigations he's under, are welcome distractions for the U.S. media. (90% of U.S. media is controlled by Biden-Obama Democrats).

-CareWeMust

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He also blamed Pelosi for not allowing the NG.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I would not categorize this as a "stunning bombshell revelation".

More along the lines of a recklessly unguarded ad hoc statement, which will most likely be used by future prosecution to undermine a prime line of defense in the upcoming January 6 trial.

There is a great deal of difference between Trump "not wanting" Biden to be sworn in as President (as you have characterized it),

And Actually Acting to Prevent Biden from being sworn in as President...which is essentially the basis of the indictment against Trump.

"Actions speaker louder than Words" they say.

Actions, when they violate the law, also carry greater consequences than mere desires ("want"s).

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 09:50 PM
link   

His lawyers should stand by every interview he does and remind him of, and read him his Miranda rights every time:

You have a right to remain silent.

Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law...

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

www.foxnews.com...

Pelosi and Schumer's heads of security turned down offers of National Guard. Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser had about 340 National Guardsmen in D.C. on January 6th. But I think she had them all assigned where they would not be needed.

Good Testimony Here: www.npr.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Sometimes the words are powerful in investigations. Like, "Fire the Prosecutor investigating the company paying my son $300,000 a month, or Obama is not going to give you the Billion dollars!"

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

His lawyers should stand by every interview he does and remind him of, and read him his Miranda rights every time:

In Donald Trump's case, it's best to go by instincts, because he's rarely wrong about large issues.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I also wanted him to keep Biden from being President.
Maybe we would still have an economy.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   

He has good reason to say that.

They cheated.
Fact.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I think, like many of those who voted for him, he wanted several questions answered before giving in on the vote count. There were so many very unusual circumstances about this particular election that still need looking into. Many were quickly dismissed by judges without even considering the evidence of suspicious activity.

There were questionable voting law changes. There were videos of registered observers not being allowed to see the vote counting. There were questions about the ballot handling in several states. There were questions about the reliability of the voting machines. Need I go on?

There are too many strange circumstances to not ask questions about it.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

He has good reason to say that.

They cheated.
Fact.

Yes indeed. Election Affecting Fraud VERIFIED: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

In Donald Trump's case, it's best to go by instincts, because he's rarely wrong about large issues.

"Going by instincts" is just another way of saying "too dumb to reason anything out".

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

I also wanted him to keep Biden from being President.
Maybe we would still have an economy.

And not sending billions to Ukraine.

And not buying oil from Saudi Arabia.

And not be the laughing stock of the world for electing a demented, mean, crooked President.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

"Going by instincts" is just another way of saying "too dumb to reason anything out".

Maybe your instincts suck and are not trustworthy.

But Donald Trump's have served him well...for decades.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge2

Most judges and their families live a comfortable life. That is true no matter who is President. Since they didn't mean what they said when taking the oath, (and can't remember it anyway), taking on a large election case is not "exciting" and is beneath them.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

Yes, and he's lying.

The Speaker of the House does not have the authority to allow or disallow the National Guard; the Speaker is just not in the chain of command. The POTUS, as Commander-in-Chief, is the one who can order out the National Guard. And he never did that. Chris Miller, the acting SecDef on Jan. 6 has testified that Trump never gave an order to have troops ready:

www.cbsnews.com...

According to testimony from General Mark Miller, it was VP Pence who made repeated calls to get the National Guard deployed:

"Republican Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming said that it was former Vice President Mike Pence, not former President Donald Trump, who called for the military to defend the U.S. Capitol during the riot.

Mr. Trump “placed no call to any element of the U.S. government to instruct that the Capitol be defended,” Ms. Cheney said.

She said Mr. Trump did not call his Secretary of Defense on Jan. 6, or speak to his Attorney General or the Department of Homeland Security.

“Trump gave no order to deploy the National Guard that day, and made no effort to work with the Department of Justice to coordinate and deploy law enforcement assets,” Ms. Cheney said. “But Mike Pence did each of those things.”
She quoted testimony from Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who said he got multiple calls from Mr. Pence on Jan. 6.

www.wsj.com... vfa2Yz5QCZ77p

However, 3 days before the Jan. 6 riot Trump talked to Chris Miller about having troops ready to protect his demonstrators--not to protect the joint session:

www.reuters.com...

It's pretty clear which side Trump was on.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

BTW.. Fetterman has single-handedly forced an official change in the Senate's dress code.

Chuck Schumer rules: Senators no longer need to respect the office: nymag.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 11:23 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

However, 3 days before the Jan. 6 riot Trump talked to Chris Miller about having troops ready to protect his demonstrators--not to protect the joint session:

www.reuters.com...

It's pretty clear which side Trump was on.

Protecting supporters from Democrats who have already proven themselves to be viscous/dangerous (like the thug who shot Ashli Babbitt) was smart planning on Trump's part.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Nancy Pelosi canned the Police Chief who verified that she and Schumer turned down offers of ramped up Capitol protection.

Source: www.npr.org...

For someone with no authority over security matters, Nancy Pelosi sure has a lot of authority over security matters. I think guilt even led her to order fences and guards and alarms and rockets to protect her sorry azz for weeks, didn't she?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join