It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35 Down (or missing?) in South Carolina?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

Stand downs happen after accidents. There have been several in the last year alone. You left out that is for Marine F-35 units not the entire military.

I've nothing against the Marine Corp , They are an Excellent Fighting force Highly motivated and disciplined and of course absolutely in love with themselves .

Personally I think The Marine Corp should step away from Jets.

Bite your tongue

Rofl I love me some Marines mate they are the quintessential Infantry Fighting Force. Many Battles have been won off the accuracy of there Rifles .

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Marine Corps aviators are nothing to scoff at either. We fight everywhere land, air, and sea, hopefully space one day too because space force will need non geeks to do door kicking in orbit one day, and we are the ones that want to do it.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Stand downs happen after accidents. There have been several in the last year alone. You left out that is for Marine F-35 units not the entire military.

I've nothing against the Marine Corp , They are an Excellent Fighting force Highly motivated and disciplined and of course absolutely in love with themselves .

Bite your tongue

Rofl I love me some Marines mate they are the quintessential Infantry Fighting Force. Many Battles have been won off the accuracy of there Rifles .

Also the new plan for the USMC is tptb have removed the scout sniper program, is reducing the infantry, and removing alot of Marine corps mech capability. LOL YaY woke Military moves.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

It came down near Indiantown, which is just over 1,000 people, mostly older. So it’s not really surprising it wasn’t reported.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I think they need jets dude. Just not the newest most expensive ones we have. Lmao and I was in the Marine Corps.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   

a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Marine Corps aviators are nothing to scoff at either. We fight everywhere land, air, and sea, hopefully space one day too because space force will need non geeks to do door kicking in orbit one day, and we are the ones that want to do it.

I think the 82nd Airborne will handle the Door Kicking in Space

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Bite your tongue

Also the new plan for the USMC is tptb have removed the scout sniper program, is reducing the infantry, and removing alot of Marine corps mech capability. LOL YaY woke Military moves.

It's ridiculous mate , The Democrats are notorious for downsizing the Conventional Forces .

But of course they are taking it to a whole new level , Coed Marine Corp Boot camp , Woman Navy Seals , Woman Green Berets , Woman in the 75th Ranger Regiment.

And they are dropping the standards so the these woman can make it through that is a fact.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Plane crash...no plane?

Plane crash...visible plane!

Plane crash....no plane?

Plane crash....visible plane!

Plane crash....no plane?

Plane crash...very visible plane!

Methinks I doth detect a pattern

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   

It came down near Indiantown, which is just over 1,000 people, mostly older. So it’s not really surprising it wasn’t reported.

Lol...
Not nitpicking your numbers, but I doubt very seriously if 1000+ people live in Indiantown.
It is a very rural area. No stores, no post office. there is a chicken processing plant and a church though.
Way back in the day it was a town, but not anymore.
The jet crashed almost in the center of my drive to work, about 15 miles from my house to Bartell's crossroad and from there, about 14 miles to work. Been passing this area for 30+ years.
edit on 20-9-2023 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: amicusbrief
It is a strange thing and something is defiantly not copasetic.

Reports of spotty power outages in the area Sunday. No one reporting abnormal noises from a crashing jet (it is a rural area, but not THAT rural). If the jet actually cleared the path they are showing on TV, someone would have heard it.
I passed Volunteer Fire Department service trucks Monday morning on another road, around 06:30. They were parked on another road on the other side of the site, with their emergency lights on.
I thought someone must have hit a deer or something, I now know they were looking for the plane, so someone knew something and were giving false reports about Lake Marion/Moultrie being the search area.
edit on 20-9-2023 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Your first one is a plane trying NOT to crash, so of course there's visible plane left. As for this crash, we haven't seen anywhere near all the pictures of the crash site. So far we've seen one video from a police helicopter, so you can't say there are no parts left from it. The accident report will show all the pictures.

Another thing is that the type of crash affects the amount of wreckage left as well. A 747 trying not to crash is going to leave very large sections of fuselage and structure. That same 747 diving into the ground at high speed, is going to leave mostly small pieces behind. An aircraft that's just over 50 feet long, with a 40 foot wingspan is going to leave fairly small pieces just about any way it crashes, but a dive into the ground guarantees that it will leave almost nothing left. Compare the US Airways and United crashes in Colorado and Pennsylvania with other crashes and you'll see the difference. Both of them dove straight into the ground, and the biggest pieces left were parts of the wing. There weren't a lot of recognizable parts left, despite being later model 737s.
edit on 9/20/2023 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

That's the official population figure given. But that just shows that it's a very rural area, and at least one ear witness has come forward saying that he heard the engine howling, and then the impact. But no one came forward until after investigators arrived on scene.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
It is a strange thing and something is defiantly not copasetic.

Bull. This is a straightforward accident. Just because you haven't paid attention to other accidents doesn't mean something "is definitely not copasetic"

Reports of spotty power outages in the area Sunday.

There were major thunderstorms in the area from Charleston going well north of Charleston. So there were almost certainly power outages.

No one reporting abnormal noises from a crashing jet (it is a rural area, but not THAT rural). If the jet actually cleared the path they are showing on TV, someone would have heard it.

No one came forward until investigators arrived. There's at least one person now that came forward and was interviewed by the media and investigators that heard the crash.

I passed Volunteer Fire Department service trucks Monday morning on another road, around 06:30. They were parked on another road on the other side of the site, with their emergency lights on. I thought someone must have hit a deer or something, I now know they were looking for the plane, so someone knew something and were giving false reports about Lake Marion/Moultrie being the search area.

The plane was seen heading north on radar, so the lake area was a definite search area. The military determined that the lakes were a definite area to search.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Since I already know that this will be posted, I'm going to jump ahead of it. The New York Times is claiming the pilot lost control of the aircraft in bad weather, and is claiming that he said that. It's BS. He lost the aircraft in the weather after ejecting, and didn't know where it went. At no point in the article does it say anything but that.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The two aircraft, callsign SWEDE11/12, requested an approach using the ILS for runway 15 at Charleston. They reported that they'd be in a mile trail, meaning SWEDE12 almost certainly didn't have visual contact with SWEDE11 at the time he ejected.

twitter.com...

They were given a left turn to 270 before the pilot ejected. The aircraft flew on for just over 15 minutes before crashing. It was at 55 miles from the base in a straight line heading.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicusbrief

Plane crash...no plane?

Plane crash...visible plane!

Plane crash....no plane?

Plane crash....visible plane!

Plane crash....no plane?

Plane crash...very visible plane!

Methinks I doth detect a pattern

Exactly.

Maybe the F35 is made from carbon fiber so it just evaporated on impact? 😎

Joking aside, there is absolutely more to this story.

We have a pilot who (fortunately) survived. Assuming they punched out intentionally, this person knows exactly what went wrong. To the detail. Or, at minimum, they know what their systems told them which led to the decision to abandon the aircraft.

I am not a pilot. Nor a military pilot. I do love aviation though. It’s my understanding that the ejection process is extremely violent and not without many risks unto itself. Said differently, if ejecting is what a pilot believes gives them the greatest probability of survival then something is seriously FUBAR.

But the plane flew 50 miles… and they had time to set auto pilot?

If the story was “pilot freaked out and ejected” after suffering a Merlin Moment then I’d buy that. If the airframe had a material problem, loss of power, loss of hydraulics, whatever - that would be a very easy explanation and case closed.

Instead, we have a pilot who ejected from a (seemingly) air-worthy aircraft, had time to set auto-pilot, there is zero visible debris from the crash site (effectively), and we know little to nothing about the cause of this incident.

I could see the “hush hush” aspect of this being not wanting to expose a newly discovered weakness in the aircraft - or if it was in fact hacked (which I believe has a real chance of being the case) then we have dropped +$1 trillion on something that has material vulnerabilities. Not good.

We’ll see - I still get Sunspot vibes from this.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

One ten second video doesn't all the images of the accident site make. We haven't seen most of the site to be able to say "there's nothing left of the aircraft". When you can show me every single picture and video taken that shows nothing, you can say "there's nothing left".

We have a pilot who (fortunately) survived. Assuming they punched out intentionally, this person knows exactly what went wrong. To the detail. Or, at minimum, they know what their systems told them which led to the decision to abandon the aircraft.

Ejecting from an aircraft requires physically moving a handle. There is no way to unintentionally eject from an aircraft, unless some kind of modification has been done to the seat, or something was improperly attached/secured. In those cases, the only times the seat has done anything but sit there, the aircraft has been doing pretty violent maneuvers with a high G load on the airframe, not flying straight and level in bad weather.

I am not a pilot. Nor a military pilot. I do love aviation though. It’s my understanding that the ejection process is extremely violent and not without many risks unto itself. Said differently, if ejecting is what a pilot believes gives them the greatest probability of survival then something is seriously FUBAR.

But the plane flew 50 miles…

You should follow more accident reports then. I can point you to more than half a dozen times that planes have flown on after the crews left the aircraft, going all the way back to WWII. Several that even landed with no one on board. That includes several that flew hundreds of miles. One even flew 600 miles until it ran out of fuel. Not that it will make a difference, considering that I've pointed out at least two in this thread, and you still don't believe that the plane can be in a bad way and continue flying after.

and they had time to set auto pilot?

The plane was already on autopilot when the incident occurred. When flying approaches, or straight and level, the aircraft is usually on autopilot.

If the story was “pilot freaked out and ejected” after suffering a Merlin Moment then I’d buy that. If the airframe had a material problem, loss of power, loss of hydraulics, whatever - that would be a very easy explanation and case closed.

The investigators have barely finished their first interview with the pilot, but you've already decided that the cause was not related to any kind of failure. You and others had decided that in the first five minutes after the accident was reported. How about giving them time to do their job before you decide that the pilot just screwed up and ejected, or the aircraft has hacked.

there is zero visible debris from the crash site (effectively),

That we have seen. Have you seen every inch of the crash site? Because I'm following this a lot closer than you are, and the only thing I've seen from the crash site have come from the one brief helicopter video that was released shortly after finding the site.

and we know little to nothing about the cause of this incident.

It's been ten minutes since it came down. Investigations take months to complete. You want to know answers right now, they want to know the right answers, so they can figure out what, if anything needs to be fixed.

then we have dropped +$1 trillion on something that has material vulnerabilities. Not good.

Ah, I see you've fallen for that BS too. We haven't dropped $1T on anything. The total cost of the program, for over 2200 aircraft, and 60 years is $1.7T. We've spent a couple hundred billion at best on development but are nowhere near $1T on the program. That development money is included in the $1.7T lifecycle costs. Everything has material vulnerabilities on some level. There is no such thing as a perfect weapons system and never will be.

We’ll see - I still get Sunspot vibes from this.

Because you don't follow accidents, and you expect to see what you expect to see, and when anything doesn't match that, you decide that it's unusual, whether it is or not.
edit on 9/20/2023 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Cheers, Zaphod.

I knew you were going to crush me when I posted that.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I thought the F-35 could eject the pilot if the computer system had an issue landing vertically? Could this be the case?

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 11:16 PM
link   

It's only active when the aircraft is in a hover. Landing normally, as they would have been here, with the weather as bad as it was, they would have been in a conventional configuration, and the system would have been shut off.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join