It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another example of a seriously flawed justice system...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   
OK, we can argue that this is federal vs. municipal/city/county. I don't care. It's a great example of our ridiculous "justice" system.

Early this month, 56 year old Thomas Webster was sentenced to 10 years in prison for assaulting a D.C. police officer during the Jan 6th melee. Federal prosecutors said that was too lenient, and recommended 17 years. Webster, a retired police officer from New York City, spent 20 years on the force, including a position with Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s private security detail. He served in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1985 to 1989 before joining the NYPD in 1991.

The judge, Amit Mehta, accused Webster of "attacking democracy", (of course) and blathered a melodramatic, politically-charged speech as he sentenced Webster. Full story

IN CONTRAST:

Also in D.C.: This last July, a gun-wielding assailant who was shouting racial slurs threatened to kill a man, then assaulted him. The victim's 4-year old son was sitting there, and witnessed the entire incident. The criminal, Gregory Gibson of Texas, was charged with assault with a dangerous weapon and possession of a firearm during a crime of violence.

Within days, the U.S. Attorney’s Office offered Gibson a plea deal that he accepted — and on Monday he pleaded guilty to attempted assault and carrying a pistol without a license. The station said Gibson’s recommended sentence is 24 months behind bars.

2 years recommended for assailant

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Well let’s be honest here. The court system hasn’t been about justice in a long time.

This judge wasn’t interested in anything but sending a message.
The message is that no matter your past, veteran/law enforcement, you will be made an example to keep others in line.

One day soon the common man will push back.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
One day soon the common man will push back.

Considering how easily it is that half the country has fallen for the radical left wing woke ideology and LGBTQ Trans-agendas ... I doubt it. People are just going along with the nonsense and the insanity.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm surprised when I read about how honorable and upstanding so many of these January 6th arrestes are.

The media makes you think they're all rednecks from rural America.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   

All part of the plan.

Anarcho-tyranny is this step. It serves multiple purposes.

Let criminals stay out in public as much as possible to cause more chaos, instill fear, and anxiety in the population. The population demands action. Cities and States are overwhelmed and lack resources. In comes federal police actions.

Kangaroo courts prosecute opposition as much as possible to instill fear of speaking out, protesting, and organizing.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Who owns the judicial system owns the law, that is what is happening woke judges has been pushed in every state, to do what they are supposed to do.

To break society.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   
From a quick google search:

Amit Priyavadan Mehta is an American lawyer who has served as a judge on the United States District Court for the District of Columbia since 2014.12 He was born in Patan, Gujarat, India, and received his B.A. in Political Science and Economics from Georgetown University in 1993 and his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1997. Mehta worked at the Washington, D.C.-based law firm Zuckerman Spaeder LLP from 1999 to 2002 and joined the District of Columbia Public Defender Service as a staff attorney in 2002.0 In 2021, Mehta became a judge on the United States Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.

One thing I've noted over the last 3/4 decades is how higher academics attracts more foreign-born students than citizens.
I had a team of doctors and surgeons in 2013 and not one of them were US born. Look at those moving into politics and the number of lawyers being employed by government, that go on to be judges.

Many are born in other lands and come here for the higher education opportunities; you can't blame them. They get special scholarships over natural citizens at times.

I can't help but think they bring much of their home country's background ideology with them. Most of the world thinks America is ruled with far too much leniency.

Hamtramck, Michigan was just the beginning. The dominos have been placed and the US will be Built Back according to the Obama/Biden plan that they think is 'Better' than the freedom most Americans want, but not badly enough to take an unbiased look at what has/is and will happen if we continue on our merry divided path. We, The People are the greatest asset TPTB have-because so many of us are so easily deceived.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

All part of the plan.

Anarcho-tyranny is this step. It serves multiple purposes.

Let criminals stay out in public as much as possible to cause more chaos, instill fear, and anxiety in the population. The population demands action. Cities and States are overwhelmed and lack resources. In comes federal police actions.

Kangaroo courts prosecute opposition as much as possible to instill fear of speaking out, protesting, and organizing.

So many ways they could have this play out to the same objective.
They become more and more blatant, slowly gaining momentum.
Til they dwindle the number of US citizens that can resist to a point
of easier management.

Then put a bounty on the rest of us and the illegals can take it from
there as a more easily coerced population. Hell they'll likely collect
and turn in the guns we leave behind and form buriel details for us.
Just for the promise to be our replacements.

I think they'll succeed to what ever point they choose. Because
they always get their way against us. I don't see that changing at
the moment. So I guess it's gonna take something besides us to
turn it around. Good luck on that right?

Hell anymore, I'm not really sure I can blame em

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Even Trump appointed Judges?

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I don’t know how ANYONE could possibly still believe that there is ANY HOPE POSSIBLE AT ALL that we can ever get back to life without screaming, “JUST EVERYBODY SHUT THE &@%# UP AND THINK FOR A SECOND! We are all now well aware of the biggest criminal scam in history, resulting in the deaths of nearly a billion people in the last 100 years if not two million and that is the fractional reserve scheme.

We are on the cusp for accepting another 150 years of allowing the same scam artists to screw us over again with the DIGITAL CURRENCY SCAM, a system which will be a nightmare from the most dystopian horror movies. Now is the PERFECT time to hang those sick criminals and those who have benefitted and show the world the US will never again wilfully allow criminals to give orders to citizens and we will never again take a currency which isn’t comprising of true certificates representing measurements of gold or silver, let us be old fashioned because the second you digitize money and hand over the keys and password, you hand over the position of thee most unstoppable, unquestioned mafia don the world will ever lay eyes on. We want same uncorrupted government.

And this time is perfect anyway in this silly panicked state of the democrat supercriminals who think
They can keep printing lies day after day and they will never have to answer for them. Just a minute ago I read how experts were consulted and assure Americans that this will be the most easily beat impeachment investigation since nobody has yet to find any evidence at all. I mean, do they really think people read that and feel secure and that Biden is a clean guy!? Well, hopefully, it simply makes you laugh uncontrollably as you imagine the office of impeachment winability which was consulted and cited as sources to give credibility to the article. The Officers of determining how empty handed of evidence the House is! They don’t even try anymore.

Well I for one won’t risk bringing any of the last hundred years of filth further nor would I allow ANYONE to hand out mercy or ever again act without ruthless assertion that you eff around in the US from now on and you find out. Every last media person, journalist, politician who lied or stole or participated in the bank fraud, obsessed today over getting a sound bite from all GOP candidates saying they believe Biden was elected legally…it has been ages since this country showed what happens when you turn traitor but this is just what we need. Maybe it can be a tradition every hundred years. But I demand revolution and cleaning the trash. Leave nearly a thousand traitors to be picked of their flesh and take note of what USED to happen if you dare turned on this nation and a 100 year reminder of what you will face if you do.

Let’s have revolution, a real economy, a mini civil war if you please to serve the purpose we just wouldn’t get off our fat asses and do the last 100 years but that we should ALL swear a revival oath to do what the fathers charged us with, every one of us man woman and child and without courts or police interfering…the declaration charges us with identifying these threats and taking their lives, no lengthy trial or corrupt stalling needed.

Then we may survive another hundred years!

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Unhinged much?
It has been hilarious and concerning to see people have this type of reaction to one political party.
edit on 17-9-2023 by Stopstealingmycountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Unhinged much?
It has been hilarious and concerning to see people have this type of reaction to one political party.

it's been a bit scary to see one political party be oblivious to the faults that we continue to point out. It's become a zero sum game. but then, when you lack integrity, the rest is just fluff.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm pretty sure that most on one side are fully aware of the faults from a certain administration. They just don't go out making inflammatory post or threads that could end up being an echo chamber of threats.
I'm pretty sure you know all about that.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Mehta has actually gained a reputation for being the most lenient judge for J6 defendants. His sentences tend to be about half of what sentencing guidelines recommend.

Sounds like this guy should've taken his plea deal.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry

I'm pretty sure that most on one side are fully aware of the faults from a certain administration. They just don't go out making inflammatory post or threads that could end up being an echo chamber of threats.
I'm pretty sure you know all about that.

Since you are a NOOB here, you missed the trump years. Anyone who didn't hate Trump with every fiber of their being, was forced to deal with thread after thread about some new "threat to democracy" over Trump having an affair with Putin. this is just blowback from that. Seems the smug assholes were wrong, and they, lacking integrity, all runnoft. So the new guy who comes in here and sounds a whole lot like the old guard who runnoft may occasionally catch some flack. Use it like a lesson to man up and stop being so fragile. You need thick skin and some wit to survive this site.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   

"You need thick skin and some wit to survive the ad homs on this site".

There, fixed that for you.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

let he who is without sin cast the first stone!

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Indeed!

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I stated this in another thread but I think it's relevant here as well. . . .

This is the fault of the leftists.

THEY wanted police defunded, THEY wanted to decriminalize crimes, THEY wanted no cash bail.

This is deliberate.

Why?

They want things so bad that when they introduce the police-state, people will cheer it on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join