It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Anyone Challenge China’s EV Battery Dominance?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Disclosure:

I currently own stock in a EV Solid State Battery Manufacturer in the USA. Its called QuantumScape. Its stock symbol is QS and is financially backed by Volkswagon.

Asim Hussain, chief marketing officer at Volkswagen-backed US solid-state developer QuantumScape, said the technology would be vital if the US is to take a battery lead over China rather than merely catching up.

Last year I dabbled in USA Lithium miners for the EV battery industry. I bought stocks of LAC, LTHM and made money. I also bought another stock and got creamed. I broke my own rules as greed ruled over science. I use the free portion charts of Yahoo Finance. I buy and sell based on a [1] year chart and plot the 16 [gold], 50 [green] and 200 [red] day moving average along with MACD, RSI and Accumulation / Distribution. In brief I buy and hold when the 50 day is above the 200 and the 16 is trending upward. Try it and ask yourself why are these experts hawking a stock yet the graph shows that the stock is tanking? Then go back a year later and look where its at. Hmm.

Can Anyone Challenge China's EV Battery Dominance

Since 2021 to date in 2023 all of the Lithium Miners I track are in a downward freefall. Why? Could it be that the end of Lithium is just over the Horizon because lithium is being out-engineered? CATL in China is already manufacturing and selling the next generation lithium iron phosphate batteries. They already have a Sodium Ion Battery in development. The next generation battery is a EV Solid State Battery. QS is the USA play with the financial backing of Volkswagon

Talk in the financial industry is ongoing as to whom will be the #1 EV car manufacturer globally. Billionaire Louis Navellier feels its Volkswagen based on a huge variety of styles. I feel its FORD as USA DOE has loaned FORD $9.2 billion to retool its manufacturing plants to EV. I also own FORD stock.

The USA is way behind the world on EV vehicles. However sometimes that's a good thing as you can reverse engineer others inventions and then make them better. So lets follow the money to of all places Michigan. IMO FORD is too big to fail. GM is owned by China and is in love with Mexico. FORD is still primarily USA.

See Where Billion-Dollar EV Projects are Landing in Michigan

Right now in September 2023 China leads the world in EV battery manufacturing. IMO the USA will catch up. My money is on Sodium Ion or Solid State EV batteries. Its a gold rush and fluid.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Marlene Dietrich sang a song in the 1950s,the title is just as relevant today, in was called "when will they ever learn". Battery powered cars are never ever going to take off. No matter what they manufacture the battery out of the efficiency is crap, always will be. These billions being flouted about (mainly government subsidies) is to draw the normal investor in. The car manufactures know this but are playing along for the cash.
The ONLY way for EVs to work is with a power cell not a battery, but that's another story. Maybe that's their game, tool up for EVs but swap out the batteries for a fuel cell.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

You want to crush China's dominance in EV car batteries?

Start making gas powered cars cheaper and better.

*boom*

China goes away, or unleashes another pandemic.
edit on 16-9-2023 by DBCowboy because: Boomer

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You want to crush China's dominance in EV car batteries?

Start making gas powered cars cheaper and better.

*boom*

China goes away, or unleashes another pandemic.

Spoken like a true reactionary.

No matter what the problem is, the solution is always to go back and do things the way we did 50 years ago.

What's wrong with figuring out how to make batteries cheaper and better? The US is already developing multiple alternative battery technologies, including a NASA-invented Selenium-Sulfur cell that will enable regional scale electric aviation.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Did you hear about the ev battery that incinarated 5 parked cars within 50m of the air traffic control tower at Sydney Airport?

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer
And what, pray tell, would we do with 1.474 billion batteries when they expired?
Folks don't plan, they just go for it in knee-jerk reactions.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'm with a gas crowd, EVs are a waste of money and resources, pushed by the rich so they can make more money.

They have no near term future in America, for sure. The infrastructure can't handle them, and the current power generation doesn't make them any better than gas, plus the recycling process and huge impact to create them... it's a net loss.

I had a 1992 Honda that got better mileage than a 2022 corolla on the same fuel. If America was interested in fuel efficiency we'd have seen an improvement instead of this nonsense.
Now the EPA makes it impossible to have small trucks. My 2013 tacoma is twice the size of my 99 tacoma, which was significantly larger than my 82 rabbit pickup.
Make vehicles great again!

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 05:23 AM
link   
That's the most insanely idiotic answer I could've imagined. I thought about thinking of a more tactful way to say it, but I was too flabbergasted. It's like, "We need more sewing needle manufacturers! Let's make more roofing nails! That'll stop em!"
Buddy, the whole point of this is to curb carbon emissions. This kind of "grade A" thinking is exactly why USA has signed multiple treaties that we fall short of or back out of entirely. Kyoto Treaty being one.
Here's a thought: what if we invested in progress and incentivised development of new and better technology?
Hate to break it to you, but if you let the car companies and oil companies continue to have little competition, they will continue jacking up gas prices, and refusing to make fuel efficient cars, or at VERY LEAST, continue to do the BARE MINIMUM for fuel economy standards. It has recently come out that former Trump VP Rex Tillerson, who was ALSO the CEO of Exxon Mobile, one of our nations biggest oil companies, had been engaged in bribing outlets to sow doubt in climate change and soften negative attitudes toward fossil fuels. These big companies are not your friends.
IDK why I bothered typing all this out as it won't change your mind, but whatever. I tried.

a reply to: DBCowboy

edit on 17-9-2023 by TheValeyard because: spelling error bc I'm over-caffeinated

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

That's 1st Generation EV battery technology. China is already shipping EV Vehicles into Europe with the 2nd generation Lithium Ion Battery. Sodium is already in trials along with Solid State. The explosions and other bumos will be eliminated by science and engineering.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Pray tell so just keep pushing the ignorance to the top.

Global Top 10 Battery Recycling Companies 2023

Plus

Li-Cycle

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

The next time you have a smoke take a look at this EV web site. Its free so you can enjoy.

EV Magazine

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Awe shucks. Are you a real Cowboy or a Drugstore Cowboy? Inquiring minds want to know DB

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Pray tell so just keep pushing the ignorance to the top.

Global Top 10 Battery Recycling Companies 2023

Plus

Li-Cycle

Ahh , you actually believe company marketing , huh ?

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheValeyard
That's the most insanely idiotic answer I could've imagined. I thought about thinking of a more tactful way to say it, but I was too flabbergasted. It's like, "We need more sewing needle manufacturers! Let's make more roofing nails! That'll stop em!"
Buddy, the whole point of this is to curb carbon emissions. This kind of "grade A" thinking is exactly why USA has signed multiple treaties that we fall short of or back out of entirely. Kyoto Treaty being one.
Here's a thought: what if we invested in progress and incentivised development of new and better technology?
Hate to break it to you, but if you let the car companies and oil companies continue to have little competition, they will continue jacking up gas prices, and refusing to make fuel efficient cars, or at VERY LEAST, continue to do the BARE MINIMUM for fuel economy standards. It has recently come out that former Trump VP Rex Tillerson, who was ALSO the CEO of Exxon Mobile, one of our nations biggest oil companies, had been engaged in bribing outlets to sow doubt in climate change and soften negative attitudes toward fossil fuels. These big companies are not your friends.
IDK why I bothered typing all this out as it won't change your mind, but whatever. I tried.

Actually it appears you have been drinking the Democrat/Greens kool-aid.

The reason gas and oil prices are so high is Democrat government policies. In 2020 the US was self sufficient in oil and was a net exporter to the world. Gas was at $1.96 a gallon as of May 2020. Biden walked into office and totally reversed all of Trump's energy policies. Gas peaked up to $5.02 a gallon by June of 2022. And is at $3.95 a gal as of Aug. And going up again. Gas prices are high because Biden and his Dims want them high. Even though high energy prices are damaging the economy and a major cause of inflation.

And then there's the total insanity of moving the car industry to Lithium when China has control of 70% of the world's supply and most of the industry and rare minerals required to turn that into batteries. Slave owning child laboring China. Do you really want cars containing BLOOD LITHIUM? And don't forget that because those batteries are made in China they use polluting and UNCLEAN manufacturing processes to make them. Plus the huge amount of battery waste that's going to be made when the batteries get scrapped.

And then there's the biggest problem of all. There's not enough projected electrical capacity in the US to run all these future electric cars. Millions of battery powered cars are not going to be charged up by puffs of wind or sunlight. As of right now all you're doing is shifting the carbon generation from car tailpipes to coal burning fossil fuel plants. You've curbed nothing by running these Chinese cars. Except move the car companies to China.

And this is what your "future" is going to look like in 20 years.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Ahh , you actually believe company marketing , huh ?

Facts are facts.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The question asked was; Can Anyone Challenge China’s EV Battery Dominance?

And I answered.

I didn't know that I'd offend so many China-apologists.

Anyone really concerned about the environment would be upset over lithium mining.

We're not ready for electric vehicles. We have plenty of oil and have time to develop something a little more environmentally cleaner and affordable.

Drill baby drill!

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Facts are facts. Chinas dominance in EV technology is a massive con job. Yes, they have built and sold more EVs, BUT. the vast majority that have been "sold" have just been registered as sold, done a few Kilometres and then parked up in fields by the thousands. Have you not seen the videos, or don't you believe your own eyes.
The end goal with EVs is nothing to do with the environment but to strip the vast majority of people of any form of transport. Of course if you use your brain the first step is to make EVs out of the reach of the vast majority of people. Too expensive to buy. And if by chance you can scrape enough money to get one the cost of maintenance (with a purported life time of the battery of 8 to 10 years then a new one to be fitted) with a replacement battery being the cost of a new petrol car, the question is then just who can afford an EV vehicle.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
PS. please don't come with the cover all "ah but as they sell more the technology will get better" BS. If, and I say if they do the damage will be done and only the rich will be on the roads.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 04:54 PM
link   
When you're talking about getting better, I hope not. We couldn't power all the EV's if there were a lot of them. The automobile companies can't afford to make them. The insurance companies can't afford the claims when all those houses burn down and cars explode for no reason.

It's a fad. An expensive, dangerous, reckless, earth damaging, CLIMATE KILLING fad. All in the name of the religion of climate change. Even the US government doesn't take this fad seriously. They talk the talk but they don't walk the walk. It is virtually impossible to implement their stated goals within their designated timelines. It's just the clowns talking again.......every time.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux
But you haven't thought about my post. The name of the game, the ultimate aim, is for only rich people to drive. Now how many are there? Maybe a couple of hundred, maybe a couple of thousand, so the electric supply would be more than adequate. Car companies selling hundreds of thousands of cars??? Poof, gone. The privileged rich have always had their cars especially built for them so major car companies going under is nothing to them.
Plus the roads would be virtually empty, non of those massed peons filling the roads and causing accidents.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join