It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2023 Smoky Mountain Fall Rod Run - Day 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
*if you're reading this as a really new thread, the 4k version of the video hasnt finished processing at YouTube yet. It will be available in about an hour.

This is one of the biggest car show events of the year and the last huge show until next spring.

I thought I'd get there early on the first day and maybe it wouldn't be so crowded. . . I'm a moron. It was packed and I should've known better after all these years. People said cars have been showing up for weeks. I was a bit unprepared for the amount of cars already there. I had planned on making a short 3-4 minute video with only the best that I saw, but there were so many that it turned into a 10minute video.

I hope you see something you like. I like the huge truck on the thumbnail, the first supercharged truck in the video, the Hot Wheels rat rod, and several others. It was really something. I hope you get to visit one day if you're into old classic cars.

The prices these people ask are insane and I wonder if they just slap a ridiculous price on the window, just to show off to people who dont know what it's actually worth. In the first minute or two you'll see a nice old chevy. . . with a window paint tag of $110,000. . . I just have a hard time believing it's really worth that.

edit on 15-9-2023 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Aren't you just a little ashamed of that huge carbon footprint you're leaving there, with all those old rust-bucket clunkers with emissions that will make you choke. I bet there's no EVs in the competition anyway. Just go home and save the environment. Lower your carbon footprint. It's for the greater good.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2ndtrumpet
Aren't you just a little ashamed of that huge carbon footprint you're leaving there, with all those old rust-bucket clunkers with emissions that will make you choke. I bet there's no EVs in the competition anyway. Just go home and save the environment. Lower your carbon footprint. It's for the greater good.

One of the greatest uses for fossil fuel EVER!

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 2ndtrumpet

Plant a couple trees, it will clear that right up.
Debbie Downer.

To the OP, Thanks for sharing this! Still kick my self in the rear for not buying a 1960 BelAir when I had the chance. Only 7,000 and she only needed minimal body work. Interior and engine had been completely redone.

Yep, I'm an idiot.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 2ndtrumpet

Nope. I'm adding an extra v8 engine to my truck, just to make something that only gets .5mi/gal.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I know the feeling. Mine is a Jeep Comanche or a 63 Impala. I had both of those when I was a teeneager. Sold the Impala for the Jeep, traded the Jeep for an Eagle Talon, smh. They're so expensive now, grr.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Good for you. I was only pulling your leg, every once in a while I do that from sheer boredom.

a reply to: esteay812

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 05:03 PM
link   
That 6 figure Chevy has gone through a modern LS swap and is sitting on a complete custom frame among some bigger beefier brakes stuffed behind wider wheels. Thats a sleeper hotrod right there and its all custom built.

$55k-$70k is about the going rate for a mid 60`s to early 70`s beast thats gone through extensive resto work. Also some years, paint color and options make the difference between a $30k car and a $70k car. Many of those still belong to their original owners too and the wife makes them put it up for sale. Doesnt mean anyone will buy it and thats sort of the idea.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I did not see not one Road Runner or Super Bee.
Will watch again later to see if I missed it .

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: esteay812
Yeah prices for older cars went insane in the last years. Everyone is clutching to save their own piece of awesomeness before they are all banned. Especially the cars that can be modified relative easy to high HP.

The black chevy @ 6:40 is a beauty ♥

Thanks for sharing!

top topics

join