It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RARE intro of Live with Regis and Kelly on September 11, 2001

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Of all the clips I have seen from 9/11, I hadn't seen this one, this is why I am posting this video.

The audible gasps, the unknown fear, the vulnerability of not exactly knowing what is going on.
edit on 15-9-2023 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

"Shock and awe."

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Remember I had just got in my car to drive to work and had turned on the radio, 90.1 NPR radio, which I liked to listen to when I took my car (I preferred taking the light-rail) and I was listening to reports of the first tower getting hit. I turned the channel thinking I don't feel like listening to this type of fiction this morning, thought they were reading from a book or something. Remember turning over to a country station and the same story was playing. And I thought, that is weird what's the coincidence both the stations are playing the same story, even though you know a country station wouldn't be playing a story like that my mind didn't register it was real. Until I turned it over to a light rock radio station and they were playing the same story. I slowly turned around and drove back home and ran in and turned the TV on and called my wife into the room and we watched the second plane run into the second tower live. My oldest son was 2 months old back then. He's married now.

Called my mom she was at 7-11 doing street witnessing when she heard it a woman came running out of the store and yelling at my mom, "did you hear? We're under attack!" That's what she told me when I called her to see if she knew what was going on.

edit on 15-9-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thought I'd share a couple experiences I recall from back then. As my memory is not to be relied on I'm sure I'm getting some details wrong.

I used to have a recording of a brother Cyranko (spelling?) he was the brother that played Hotep in the old 10-plagues drama if you remember, Jehovah's Name to Be Declared in All the Earth. Two talks he gave 2 weeks after 9/11 in the middle of Central Park. He gave a lot of experiences of the brothers helping after the events of 9/11. The first couple days everything was cordoned off and no one aside from the aid workers were allowed in. But after a few days the government were letting religious organizations in. He said when they arrived they arrived with their Bible and with a message of comfort. They were reading this scripture:

"To proclaim the year of Jehovah’s goodwill And the day of vengeance of our God, To comfort all who mourn."-Isaiah 61:2.

He said they were walking by this make-shift lunchroom and a police officer came out and pleaded with them to come in. There were rows and rows of volunteers workers lined up eating. They all had dejected looks on their faces. Everyone was in shock. And the police officer asked them to pray for the food, and they said a heartfelt prayer asking for Jehovah to comfort and give strength and aid to all of the workers. He said many of them were breaking down and crying. They were dealing with seeing some horrific things. And they read Isaiah 61:2 and helped the people see that God wasn't happy with what had happened and he was not to blame. Reading James 1:17.

One high official said, some Catholic priests came through but all they had were some water bottles and some food to share. But you come to us with God's word and a message of consolation and comfort and that is what the people need to hear. We asked the Catholics why God allowed this to happen and they didn't have an answer. And many people hugged them that day.

When the Towers went down it is not too far from the Headquarters there off Brooklyn Bridge. Many people were running past and asking for entrance into the Bethel home for protection. And the brothers of course allowed them in and took care of the people that were running from the disaster.

In times of disaster like this people need to know where God is and why he allows it to happen. The religions of the world do not have the answers of course. Many religious leaders blame God. When an innocent victim dies they say, God brought him/her home as an angel. It was God's will.

But God's people tell the truth about him to the people. He suffers when he sees evil being done. And never ever is he the cause of it. And he is close to all those who are broken at heart saves those who are crushed in spirit:

"Jehovah is close to the brokenhearted;
He saves those who are crushed in spirit.
"
-Psalm 34:18.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I was watching this show while getting my 5 year-old daughter ready for school.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

Street witnessing? You mean, JWs?

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Ah, I just read this post. Jehovah's Witnesses must have had one hell of a field day on 9.11!

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Ecclesiastes 9/11

.......But time and unpredictable events overtake all.....

This was written by King Solomon almost three thousand years ago, makes you wonder if God looked into the future on this event.

edit on 15-9-2023 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Did we kill everyone connected to this disaster? I hope none of them are sitting around somewhere gloating over what a huge scar they delivered to America/Americans....and celebrating every Sept 11th, while watching the NYC Commemoration on TV.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Very interesting!

new topics

top topics

join