It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shoplifters are attacking staff with HIV-infected NEEDLES

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Shoplifting seems to be on the rise and of course getting out of hand!

In the link provided, you will see what is happening in Stores Nationwide!

This has probably been increased since the cost of living because it has never been this bad! Store Staff are now being attcked with Hyperdermic Needles which according to the news article has caused some Staff to become infected with HIV! WTF??

I can understand people are desparate in times like these but to infect others with HIV is going a bit far me thinks... also, I do believe this cost of living has been done on purpose, so in a way I can't really blame people for needing food or needing stuff to sell for food! It#'s a tough situation to be in and the people at the top once again are the people fuelling this wave of shoplifting and harm towards others...

There's no need for costs to be so high.... many Businesses just jumped on the bandwagon!

Story below:

www.dailymail.co.uk... icle-12521727/Shoplifters-Iceland-staff-infected-HIV-needle-attacks.html

Some of the article itself:

Three Iceland staff are HIV positive after being attacked by shoplifters with hypodermic needles, the chain's boss has told MailOnline. Richard Walker, executive chairman of Iceland Foods, is the latest retail leader to speak out about the increase in violent attacks on staff across the UK high street. He told MailOnline: 'Every single week I receive an average of 12 reports of ''serious incidents'' where managers and other colleagues have been attacked in our stores, almost always by shoplifters. 'Colleagues are being slapped, punched and threatened with a range of weapons including knives, hammers, firearms and hypodermic needles. 'Three of our store colleagues are now HIV positive as a result of these needle attacks. Other assaults have resulted in injuries ranging from a broken jaw to a fractured skull.' The idea of victims being infected with HIV after being attacked by people with infected needles has long been a dark urban myth, but Mr Walker's comments show this has now become a reality. Staff at other chains have been punched, bottled and stabbed by thieves - who store security experts say are increasingly operating in organised criminal gangs. Co-op employees have also been threatened with syringes, while another was assaulted with a medieval mace, a senior executive told MailOnline.

Hopefully this isn't just another 'FEAR' story about the needles or maybe I should say... hopefully this is just a FEAR' story about HIV infected needles!
edit on 15-9-2023 by WorldxGonexMad because: adding text

You know whats going to happen though don't you? More surveillance for everybody, not just the few who commit these acts! Probably will usher in the Chinese New World Order
edit on 15-9-2023 by WorldxGonexMad because: adding text

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   
If they want to start poking holes in people, I suggest poking back.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

This is the UK.... guns are outlawed! The Police don't even carry.... unless its specialized Police like Terrorist Squad!

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: WorldxGonexMad

*shrug* They gave them up willingly.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   

This is not news as unfortunate as the case may be and has been happening for quite some time.

My daft-arsed cousin, horrible wrong'yin that he is, held up a convenience store, and tried to make away with the cash register, back in the early 2000s by grabbing the Asian owner and threatening him with a junkie syringe.

Desperate aye, for more heroin and crack.

I would name the baw'bag but we are not allowed to dox.

The stupid bastard landed himself about 5 years in Barlinnie for his troubles, and probably deserved a whole lot more jail time.

Those kinds of people who commit these sorts of crimes don't really give a rat's arse as to the carnage, chaos, and misery, they cause others, and that is just the sad fact of the matter.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Yes we did, and for good reason DAVID64.

And here in bonny Scotland we have not had any mass school shootings since the Dunblane incident that resulted in the ban.

Each to their own, different strokes for different folks.

Fact is though, we don't want guns in our towns and on our streets in the same to similar manner as our cousins across the pond, or at least the majority of our population does not wish to see that happen.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15-9-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Man no one deserves to be harmed at work.

Though here in Australia coles one of the biggest supermarket chains just made a billion dollar profit, and Woolworths the other big chain is on its way to make similar profits in these tough times.

www.9news.com.au...

Both advertise heavily, I am sure if the halved the advertising spend they could lower prices, though retail is so marked up that the product costs a quarter of the sale orice, the margins are at least 75percent profit.

Now both chains are installing artificial intelligence to monito your every move in store:

7news.com.au...

They now have security gates that if the ai detects you haven’t paid it will not let you out the store, and all trolleys have wheel locks that activate if you don’t pay.

Now coles have forced staff to wear body cams, to film customer interactions.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The chains are painting all customers as criminals, by their policies.

They are inflaming customer abuse, by what they are doing.

Sadly the lowly paid worker cops a stabbing.

The bastards who inflamed it get away Scott free.

edit on 15-9-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
If they want to start poking holes in people, I suggest poking back.

I tend to shy away from Winchester ’white box’.
Quality control issues.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It is your choice and I support your Right to make it 100%. Every country has crime, just different crime. You guys don't have gangs shooting up the place and not caring who they hit. You don't have car jackings where the bad guy doesn't care if they kill you, as long as they get the car. Many of us here in the U.S. carry a weapon to protect not only ourselves, but others too.

It's a damn shame it's come to this, but that's the world we live in.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   

It is your choice and I support your Right to make it 100%.

Cheers buddy, thats how it should be, again different strokes for different folks.

You guys don't have gangs shooting up the place and not caring who they hit.

Granted not anywhere near as bad as some other places around the globe, and one of the reasons for that is guns are banned in most places and situations.

And if you are found to be in possession of a firearm most people will be facing between 5-10 years in jail.

You don't have car jackings where the bad guy doesn't care if they kill you, as long as they get the car.

On that score, unfortunately, we do, and they happening with ever-increasing frequency, especially so in the likes of London and even some other major cities.

They dont need guns to carry out carjackings, but merely a set of traffic lights, and the will to take your wheels.

Many of us here in the U.S. carry a weapon to protect not only ourselves, but others too.

Again each to their own.

It is indeed, it's not all bad and doom and gloom through.

The majority of people out there just want to get through the day the same as any other without resorting to violence or having violence happen around them.

edit on 15-9-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   

*shrug* They gave them up willingly.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"

Is that like how you gave up the election and now have Joe
Lectured by people who have a mentally retarded president who stole an election and who claim their freedom.
They stole an election and, nothing but moan on the Internet

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

I know what you mean/

It is a big mark up on the sale price... taking the P big time. I used to work at Harrods, so I know for real about the costs!

Soon time to wear a t-shirt with the words: 'The End Is Nigh'

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

a reply to: andy06shake

It is your choice and I support your Right to make it 100%. Every country has crime, just different crime. You guys don't have gangs shooting up the place and not caring who they hit. You don't have car jackings where the bad guy doesn't care if they kill you, as long as they get the car. Many of us here in the U.S. carry a weapon to protect not only ourselves, but others too.

You're right I guess. If I lived in the US, I'd want to protect myself too and that would mean carrying a gun as a knife would be no good against a gun.

Whats that famous line in a movie: Don't bring a knife to a gun fight'

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This is where this is going:
Small brick and mortar stores will increasingly shift to online sales with local delivery.
Moderate brick and mortar stores will increasingly shift to online sales with delivery.
Large store will do the same...and many already are doing more and more online with local delivery.

Eventually most stores will not be stores brick and mortar. Some will but it will have an obvious impact on society.
If Walmart goes to delivery only for local...including foods then they will have little to no theft. The only ones who can steal anything will be the employees and that can easily be determined.
Society is changing and it isn't for the good.
With the price of fuel going up these same stores will no longer offer free delivery. It will cost all of us. So eventually folks.....those who steal will be thwarted and we will increasingly have to pick up the tab through cost.

And on a side note, many who do this stealing are people here illegally. And nothing is being done about them. They bring in drugs killing 100.000 people a year and then steal what they can. There are gangs throughout the US who steal and re sell. If there is no store there to steal from, well, then what would their next logical step be?

If products are delivered they will simply follow the delivery vehicle home and steal directly from the customer. They will steal. And then we will be the ones with a needle pointed at us.

If you think about it, threatening someone with HIV infected needles would be a worst fear. When the stores deliver only, then we....that is ...all of us...will be the targets and not store employees. Don't know if I got this across right, but this is a trend the stores must stop. And when delivery is their only option, then those being delivered to will be the targeted group.
In fact, I would fear the HIV needle almost as much as that 5.56mm noted above.
...hmmm seems the thieves have come up with a winner.
edit on 15-9-2023 by DavidsHope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DavidsHope

Yes, this will lead to more and more stores going online only and there will be people who will want items and food but won't be able to get any... which will lead them to attack other people in their homes quite possibly.

And this will lead to people buying CCTV for their homes!

I wonder if this has been a plan for some time... 'eventually we'll have everybody imprisoned in their own homes'. ha ha ha ha.

Sounds like a line straight out of a movie!

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   

From My time of working in retail security here in the UK notably in my case the North West of England it has been a long running issue of shoplifters using syringes to threaten security and other staff.

One colleague had a shoplifter stab him with a syringe and while he was lucky and did not come down with any infection his marriage was not so lucky, for one thing he did not know if he had hepatitis, HIV or some other blood born infection following the incident so fearing for his wife and children's safety he could not use the toilette or even live in the same house as them and stayed in a rented apartment (one bedroom flat we call a bedsit), after six month's he got the all clear but his wife had moved on and decided she did not want to get back with him after the stress so the poor guy lost his wife as a consequence of this.

Another colleague whom worked on Southport (the that falls under the authority of Sefton in the north west of England) Pleasureland an amusement park built in that seaside town often had to confront and deal with what we call SMACK HEADS or heroin addicts whom would frequently shoot up (inject themselves) under the rollercoaster, often this meant them trying to stab him with there syringes.

In my case I worked on a Tesco (a well known supermarket company over here in the UK) and in my eleven years I had only a few incidents, a man with a kitchen knife, having a shoplifter try to slash my (Shamefully ample) gut with a Stanley knife (a retractable craft knife) several incidents with other items such as a shoplifter whom had the broken top of a glass bottle in his pocket, on that occasion I protected the assistant manager of the store from being bottled though me not being police and only having the same powers as any other civilian under the law and the manager on that occasion letting him go there was no further action I could take, long story the manager did not know but I suspected he had a weapon and so stood staring at first at his face then at his hand which he had in his pocket to let him know I was ready to tackle him and there was no way I was letting him get Stuart the manager with me almost between him and the manager.

But in the UK the most dangerous profession is actually to be a nurse as they are assaulted daily, police have a policy of asking arrestees/detainee's if they any SHARPS in there pockets as searching someone with a syringe or knife or other sharp object also carry's severe risk's.

In recent years spiking people in bars and night club's over here in the UK has reached epidemic proportions, imagine your young daughter, niece or sister goes out to a club with her friends as nothing more than a social gathering and a bit of fun only to have some sick twisted pervert stab her with a drugged syringe, sadly the law has not yet dealt with this serious issue correctly as this should automatically be classified not only as assault with intent but as deadly assault and attempted kidnapping as well as attempted or sadly for many victims actual rape.

Society sadly these day's is very sick and twisted compared to the moral cultures that most of us once grew up in, oh we had problems back then too but these sick twisted ways that evil chooses to show it's face are sadly all to common around the world.

When security or staff deal with shoplifters often those shoplifters are drug addict's and this can mean they are actually mentally ill, desperate and therefore dangerous.

I always tried to be kind and conciliatory to suspects when I dealt with them, I made it my policy not to ramp up arrests but to cut the problem in the bud and head off shoplifting in the first place as both a visual deterrent (a big guy in a uniform works wonders as a deterrent) and to keep my shop from becoming a free for all, it worked but sadly manager after manager winged about me not getting enough arrests, that was because I kept the problem down and to get arrests I would have had to first let it go to the dog's so to speak.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Our local Co-op local mini mart in Derby. Went in on sunday night couple of staff (Brits asians to be precise) and went to pay for my goods, basically an instant meal garlic bread maybe crisps and choccy defo four six pack of Pilsner Urquell, anyway a mass of hoodie types with hoods pulled up storms the shop and are ripping at the crisps, nothing else just multi packs of crisps. I turn to the lady on the till and say "what are we going to do, why don't you challenge them" as the druggie yobs were nicking their stuff, lady says "we just let them get on with taking what they want, head office told us don't get involved as they just claim on the insurance." What nonsense, where is this leading? There are times when I wished we had rules like those in the States and could defend ourselves with defensive weapons.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   
In the infamous words of Bruce Lee ( in the movie )

"You touch me... I touch you back!"

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Here in my area of NJ, our local large mall, which is the second largest in the state, earlier this year put a guardian law into place.
On Friday and Saturday nights anyone 18 or younger must be accompanied by someone who is at least 21 years old, citing 'unruly teenage crowds', in other words - gangs.
This is the first time such a law has been implemented, northern NJ has become unlivable in the last few years.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The bottom line is if someone stuck me with a needle I would kill him. Plain and simple.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join