It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irish singer lands biggest chart success despite trans activists attempts to cancel her

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 02:07 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Irish singer-songwriter Roisin Murphy has landed the biggest chart success of her entire career despite transgender activists calling for her to be cancelled over comments in which she appeared to criticise the use of puberty blockers.

The former Moloko frontwoman, 50, is set to claim the second spot on the UK albums chart for her sixth studio album Hit Parade, which was released on Friday.

Ms Murphy was barracked by activists after she branded puberty blockers 'f******' on her private Facebook page and appearing to call trans children 'little mixed-up kids'.

She later apologised for being the reason for an 'eruption of damaging and potentially dangerous social media fire and brimstone' in a post on Twitter, now known as X.

In the long statement, the singer said she has spent her life 'celebrating diversity and different views', adding: 'The music I make is the core of everything I do and it's ever-evolving, freewheeling and unpredictable.

'For those of you that are leaving me, or have already left, I understand, I really do, but please know I have loved every one of you.

'I have always been so proud of my audience and understood the privilege of performing for you, all through the years.

'...My true calling is music and music will never exclude any of us, I believe it will always be one of the greatest tools we can use to create a culture of tolerance.'

First of all, she has every right to criticise anything she wants and express her political opinions online. Criticising the use of 'puberty blockers' or the use of hormones and surgeries that are offered as part of the so-called 'gender affirming care', it's something that needs to be applauded. Society needs sane people and celebrities should have a special role in communicating the message. If I was her I wouldn't have apologised for anything as she appears to have done.

The Spectator has dedicated an article about the cancelling culture the BBC appears to be engaging with so to please the online mobs.

www.spectator.co.uk...

BBC denies cancelling Roisin Murphy over puberty blockers

edit on 14-9-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

celebraties should have a special role in communicating the message. If I was her I wouldn't have apologised for anything as she appears to have done.

oh, but they do, the majority of them is full on the trans train... I guess you missed that part

just more food for our beloved confirmation bias...

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

celebraties should have a special role in communicating the message. If I was her I wouldn't have apologised for anything as she appears to have done.

oh, but they do, the majority of them is full on the trans train... I guess you missed that part

That's what you want to think.
Unfortunately for you the vast majority of the people (the sane group) have nothing to do and are opposing the trans propaganda and insanity.

You're one of the few who is still defending the trans agenda. You need to get to terms with reality.

Speaking of confirmation bias.. how ironic is for trans activists to bring up this issue..

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

You don't seem to be excited about the news btw. Biggest chart success of her career despite the usual attempts to cancel her. That's really good evidence most people are sane enough not to accept the baseless claims made in the name of a debunked ideology.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The cancel culture doesn't seem to have a problem with having all opinions they disagree with silenced. They don't seem to realize one day it will be them, too.

I kind of doubt any of the cancel culture crowd approves of the religious practice of mutilating young women, or even the western practice of circumcision of male babies, yet they basically want to medically and surgically do the same thing.

Maybe it's time for people like Dylan Mulvaney to apologize for ruining a company and the rest of the Woke crowd should be cancelled for sharing their opinion.

The media is trying their best to change the face of the world by making it appear this insanity is favored by the majority; it's not. Media is being used to brainwash the youngest generation, and the majority see through it.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 03:46 AM
link   
No topic more important...

Space cats: "Please direct me to Earth's supply of spironolactone."
edit on 14-9-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 04:46 AM
link   
What the gay press has had to say about this.

Irish pop star Róisín Murphy apologizes for “heartbreaking” anti-trans comments

Róisín Murphy denies label is donating album proceeds to pro-trans charities

Róisín Murphy set for highest-charting album of her career after puberty blockers row

Murphy had previously cultivated a devoted LGBTQ+ fanbase, becoming a regular performer at queer events and a public advocate of drag culture.

On 29 August, Róisín Murphy said she “cannot apologise enough” for her anti-trans comments “being the reason for this eruption of damaging and potentially dangerous social media fire and brimstone” in a post on X.

She wrote that she’s spent her “whole life celebrating diversity and different views” and has never aimed her music at any certain “pockets of any demographic”. But she understood why her comments “have been directly hurtful” to many people.

“You must have felt a huge shock, blindsided by this so abruptly,” she said. “I understand fixed views are not helpful but I really hope people can understand my concern was out of love for all of us.”

Murphy then vowed to “completely bow out” of the conversation in the public domain and thanked fans for “taking the trouble” to read her apology.

The huge backlash was some fans expressed disappointment and heartbreak at Murphy’s comments and with her new album charting in the UK top 10, she is hardly “cancelled”. I feel that people are entitled to have their opinion, even if it is ignorant and wrong!

Nothing to see here - move on.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdifferentOpinion
What the gay press has had to say about this.

Irish pop star Róisín Murphy apologizes for “heartbreaking” anti-trans comments

Róisín Murphy denies label is donating album proceeds to pro-trans charities

Róisín Murphy set for highest-charting album of her career after puberty blockers row

Murphy had previously cultivated a devoted LGBTQ+ fanbase, becoming a regular performer at queer events and a public advocate of drag culture.

On 29 August, Róisín Murphy said she “cannot apologise enough” for her anti-trans comments “being the reason for this eruption of damaging and potentially dangerous social media fire and brimstone” in a post on X.

She wrote that she’s spent her “whole life celebrating diversity and different views” and has never aimed her music at any certain “pockets of any demographic”. But she understood why her comments “have been directly hurtful” to many people.

“You must have felt a huge shock, blindsided by this so abruptly,” she said. “I understand fixed views are not helpful but I really hope people can understand my concern was out of love for all of us.”

Murphy then vowed to “completely bow out” of the conversation in the public domain and thanked fans for “taking the trouble” to read her apology.

The huge backlash was some fans expressed disappointment and heartbreak at Murphy’s comments and with her new album charting in the UK top 10, she is hardly “cancelled”. I feel that people are entitled to have their opinion, even if it is ignorant and wrong!

Nothing to see here - move on.

I know you're trying hard to dismiss the criticisms of the trans ideology and agenda but unfortunately it doesn't work this way. The huge volume of information online proves you wrong.

Anyone can state the obvious and criticise one if the mist bizarre and baseless ideologies, if not the most bizarre and baseless ideology ever created.

You have missed the last part of the OP

www.spectator.co.uk...

The Róisín Murphy row rumbles on. The Irish singer suffered a pile-on last month after she criticised puberty blockers and declared that ‘Big pharma [was] laughing all the way to the bank.’ She swiftly apologised but naturally, that wasn’t enough for the pitchfork-wielding mobs on social media. Traditional outlets piled in too, with the Guardian publishing a typically witless review of the ex-Moloko frontwoman’s work.

So Mr S was intrigued to hear of talk that Murphy has now been cancelled by the BBC. Five hours of the Irish singer’s songs, interviews and concert highlights were due to play on 6 Music next week, as part of the station’s Artist Collection. The programme had been scheduled to air between midnight and 5am on next Monday. However, Murphy has now been replaced by, er, rapper Little Simz. Was this yet another example of the Corporation bowing to mindless groupthink?

And it wasn't just a few fans complaining about her very legitimate comments online but a range of gender ideologues, trans activists, and the woke mob...

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

"Maybe it's time for people like Dylan Mulvaney to apologize for ruining a company and the rest of the Woke crowd should be cancelled for sharing their opinion."

The Pawns will never nor need to..
All the Iconic American Brands are being destroyed one by one. This is no coincidence. Everything And anything traditionally American will be destoryed for their utopia.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaximusParvus
a reply to: nugget1

"Maybe it's time for people like Dylan Mulvaney to apologize for ruining a company and the rest of the Woke crowd should be cancelled for sharing their opinion."

The Pawns will never nor need to..
All the Iconic American Brands are being destroyed one by one. This is no coincidence. Everything And anything traditionally American will be destoryed for their utopia.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Cancellation of people for wrong-think is such a backward step.

It's wrong when ideologies like the Nazi's subvert freedom of expression, and it's wrong when a bunch of intolerant trans-activists bully and harass people for stating fact and opinion. Different time, same outcome. The persecution of free thought.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 07:44 AM
link   

You don't seem to be excited about the news btw. Biggest chart success of her career despite the usual attempts to cancel her.

I've never heard of her. What has she done that I might recognize?

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   

It may be a publicity stunt because she may have needed exposure for a BBC's music special for Sept. 18th, but BBC has since rotated her out of that spot. Has anyone ever heard of her before this? Just saying.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

It may be a publicity stunt because she may have needed exposure for a BBC's music special for Sept. 18th, but BBC has since rotated her out of that spot. Has anyone ever heard of her before this? Just saying.

More like she has been cancelled by the BBC

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I'm so sick of this cancel bull.

If you don't want to listen, then don't.

But you do NOT have the right to determine what I can or cannot listen to.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

Don't you find it coincidental that she would 'all of a sudden' feel the need to make political/social comments right before she has a big gig coming up?

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm so sick of this cancel bull.

If you don't want to listen, then don't.

But you do NOT have the right to determine what I can or cannot listen to.

The cancel culture is there but seems to have lost much of its glamour over the last few years. We will have to live with it but for the singer it's the biggest chart success despite the efforts to cancel her.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Don't you find it coincidental that she would 'all of a sudden' feel the need to make political/social comments right before she has a big gig coming up?

I don't know when she made the comments but regardless the cancel culture is timeless! It will be there whenever anyone is trying to make any comments.

You're looking for motives?

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I don't know when she made the comments but regardless the cancel culture is timeless! It will be there whenever anyone is trying to make any comments.

You're looking for motives?

You're never looking for motives?

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Trans activists are less than 1.5% of the population. Safe to ignore radical demands.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join