It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Gets It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Who the hell are you talking to?
"you hardcore libs"
You're talking to a boogeyman in your own head, and Sir, this is a Wendy's. Calm down.

a reply to: RazorV66

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry

Just because I don't support Trump doesn't mean I'm not a republican. It's not my fault your view points are limited to that of Trump.
You mimick his rhetoric which is funny and sad. Honestly I think you should reevaluate your political views some. But I'm not you and frankly could care less about you or your view points. You have proven yourself to be uneducated politically and a follower not a leader.

which of Trump's policies don't fit in with conservative values, besides the obvious spending issue?

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Romney the Rat is Quitting while the Quitting is Good . He Knows his Political Life is about to Explode , and his REP Besmirched Forever .
edit on 13-9-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Younger doesn’t automatically = better. It also doesn’t automatically = not criminal. Here’s to hoping ‘ Romney getting it ‘ = his jail time.
edit on 13-9-2023 by Kaiju666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   
We will end up in a situation our leaders never held a job before, we will get a senate thats best real world experience was class president and a bunch of whiney brats because all of their parents think it’s cute watching their babies all growed up. Congratulations President Tommy Pickles

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I doubt his motivations. But his statement is accurate. The senior citizens need to retire.

Senator Fetterman too. As promised on the campaign trail, he let hardened criminals go free in PA this year.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

a reply to: olaru12

Well it's worth a shot I guess. It can't get much worse than it already is.....actually I take that back it can definitely get worse.

The evidence is All Around You!

Jesus.
That explains it.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well that's typical of selfish greedy people like Romney. Now, NOW that he's all done playing in the mud, all his cohorts should be as well. Just because he's ready to throw in towel and exit politics, he's all like 'let the younger generation in, give them a chance' attitude. Gee Romney, you're all heart. Where was that attitude a few years ago?

Who cares what Romney thinks anyway? He's a flake, a fake and a dud.

“I think it would be a great thing if President Biden and former President Trump were to stand aside and let their respective parties pick someone in the next generation. President Biden, when he was running, said he was a transitional figure to the next generation. Well, time to transition.”

“I think both parties would be far better served if they were going to be represented by people other than those of us from the baby boom generation,” Romney continued.

The Utah Republican also pointed to a Washington Post column by David Ignatius that was released earlier on Wednesday calling for the president to decide against a reelection bid.

Romney’s comments come hours after he said that he will retire at the end of 2024 and not seek a second term next year. He argued that he did not want to serve into his early- and mid-80s, especially when the outlook for getting legislative items done would not be as rosy as it has in recent years.

thehill.com...#:~:text=Sen.%20Mitt%20Romney%20(R%2D,for%20the%202024% 20presidential%20contest.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Well, that's one thing I agree with Romney on. We need a new generation of leaders. It's absolutely bonkers to me that people actually want Trump, Nancy, and Biden and others their age to be running this country again. Last thing we need more of is candidates who are in their 80s and have already had their chance at leading the country.

People are tired of this political division and politicians who are stuck in their old ways and never really change anything.

Most of these politicians just represent more status quo.

Considering a large chunk of the population is 50+ and retired folks tend to vote more; perhaps its on them to change their voting habits and start voting in younger people with a positive track record to lead the country.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Nvm not worth it
edit on 13-9-2023 by Stopstealingmycountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Nvm not worth it

Hey buddy . Remember when you called me stupid . You said there was no evidence of Biden wrongdoing . I disagreed and told you the evidence but you called me emotional and a few other names . That was funny . There’s a thread covering it . It’s called evidence of Joe Biden’s involvement in his family’s influence peddling scheme . You should read it . I’m sure you won’t comprehend it but I haven’t seen you in there . Why not ? You can’t answer any questions because you’re a charlatan . You challenged me and I responded . I’ve been awaiting your response.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

The way it's going now is not the way it should be. Well, I might be wrong there, maybe it was meant to be that way.
As I understand that revolutionary time, it can be broken down into to types of people who lived on on the East Coast at that time. There were those who wanted to stay with the English Empire and those who didn't.
Among those who wanted to stay English there were those who wanted it to stay the way it was and there were those who wanted to stay but with modifications.

Among those who wanted to leave, there were those who wanted a Democracy and those who wanted a Monarchy, just an American monarchy. Washington squelched the monarchy bit when he stepped down after two terms even in the face of all those who wanted him to be King.

And what we have now is as close to a monarchy as I can bear. We have a ruling class of politicians, not citizens who take time from their regular lives to serve their fellow citizens.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Stopthebull

I'm pretty sure I didn't call you anything besides uneducated and emotional...because you are emotional and do seem uneducated on some things.
You are the one that kept calling me names. And I never said there wasn't suspicious activity going on that does warrant an investigation, but none of the evidence has been proven. Hense opening an investigation to figure that out.
Do you follow yet?

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Dbl

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   

as fas as getting it, i don't think so.
the closest city from my house, has done gone and hired two mental health crisis responders for the police department who will responded to calls unarmed on their own.then if the doo doo gets deep they can call the real police for help. knowing that when seconds count, they are just a few minutes away.

the city has a newly elected mayor,less than a year,who is 38 years old. he is tickled sh@@less about it, saying it's a win win for the city. i've been giving odds that inside the first year, one or both mental health crisis responders will be hurt or killed.

i get that cool clam heads are needed in most of the the calls, but sometimes just a word can set a whackado, or hell even your average joe blow can be set off by the wrong words. you can train for that all you want, fact is you will never know from person to person what's gonna set them off.

mental health professanls don't need to be going alone, at least get them certified as police officers and let them carry a weapon.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with a new generation of leaders. Mittens is a virulent anti-Trumper. This is a parting shot at DJT before the 2024 election. Mittens son is all up in the Burisma Biden scandal. Guy is a POS

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Perhaps not term limits, but a cut off for any representative elected.

😉👍

Ps - It'll either hasten the downfall or weed out the bad actors from wanting to run for office in the first place.

I'd imagine them, the Uniparty, streamlining the whole looting of the Treasury thing so that their gains wouldn't be affected by a shortened term. A rising tide raises all ships, as it were..

edit on 9/14/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It’s going to to take more than a backwards hat to sway me.

At the very least I’m going to need some ripped up jeans and verification of no fewer than three tik tok challenges.

Truth is I’m only posting to earn u2u privileges. Sorry for this stupid post.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

i think he is just very vain and doesn't want to look bad, he read the polls that said republicans aren't buying his communist bull#, and he doesn't want to booed off the stage anymore.

What polls? Say what you will about Romney but he's popular in Utah, has pretty good approval ratings, and would easily win reelection.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure I didn't call you anything besides uneducated and emotional...because you are emotional and do seem uneducated on some things.
You are the one that kept calling me names. And I never said there wasn't suspicious activity going on that does warrant an investigation, but none of the evidence has been proven. Hense opening an investigation to figure that out.
Do you follow yet?

No you’re back to lying again . I’m not emotional. For being so uneducated I sure spell way better than you . I haven’t cried in 37 years . You are quite the projectionist though . You can’t attack the message though just the messenger , You said there’s no evidence Biden did anything illegal .He had classified info at his house and a college . He peddled his influence to foreigners.

He had classified info in places that were not secure . That’s illegal , I’ve said this 5 times , you still say there’s no evidence . It was in every channel and every newspaper .
You cannot grasp this . Honestly you just attack the messenger and can’t have a conversation. You really are as uneducated as you sound . That’s your projection again . Im stating facts . Your stating opinions . You are doing a terrible job , I hope they aren’t paying you that much because your reasoning is that of a 4 year old .

Now let me guess , you’ll skip over the Biden classified illegal material he had and call me emotional again ? You’d be a better antifa girl than the job you’re doing tonight

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join