It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Constitution is not absolute"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: RedKingBlueQueen

originally posted by: Turquosie
www.metro.us...

The constitution can be changed. I'm not sure how changing the 2nd amendment would even work though and I'm not sure it should be changed considering that may open the doors to lesser rights.

I believe thomas jefferson said the constitution should be updated every 20 years. I agree, times change and issues change. Having a perpetual constitution that can't be changed is not beneficial to progress.

The constitution is great but its not some set of laws handed down by God. We should be open to change if its for the betterment of society.

Absolutely.

Have a Constitutional Convention. It's allowed and even encouraged.

Maybe women can finally get equal rights.

Turquoise is correct in this matter
Jefferson was a big time progressive of his time and knew the Constitution had to breathe and flex with society

this is where the "scholars" seem to fall flat and expose their stupid. Yes it can be changed, and this is the way to do it. Crying buckets or mandating illegal things is not. And the forefathers were even nice enough to print this in english.

Yeah, but they wrote it in cursive. . . so reading is haaaard.

Can you believe we are witnessing an entire generation who wasn't taught the whole thing. What is this "cursive" you speak of?

It's a dead language, like Latin, Aramaic, or Klingon.

Ah! jIyaj

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   

www.metro.us...

The constitution can be changed. I'm not sure how changing the 2nd amendment would even work though and I'm not sure it should be changed considering that may open the doors to lesser rights.

I believe thomas jefferson said the constitution should be updated every 20 years. I agree, times change and issues change. Having a perpetual constitution that can't be changed is not beneficial to progress.

The constitution is great but its not some set of laws handed down by God. We should be open to change if its for the betterment of society.

Absolutely.

Jefferson was a big time progressive of his time and knew the Constitution had to breathe and flex with society

this is where the "scholars" seem to fall flat and expose their stupid. Yes it can be changed, and this is the way to do it. Crying buckets or mandating illegal things is not. And the forefathers were even nice enough to print this in english.

Can you believe we are witnessing an entire generation who wasn't taught the whole thing. What is this "cursive" you speak of?

Ah! jIyaj

The constitution is not absolute. It must be interpreted for the changing generations, so get with reason.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

reason would indicate that the current form and function of the constitution is in fact absolute.

Terms such as "Congress shall make no law " or "shall not be infringed." are NOT up for interpretation, they are simple and direct terms.

That is not to say that change can not occur, but it is NOT a matter of interpretation

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

www.metro.us...

Absolutely.

Ah! jIyaj

The constitution is not absolute. It must be interpreted for the changing generations, so get with reason.

You want a dictatorship.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   

www.metro.us...

Absolutely.

Ah! jIyaj

Problem is that you Leftists want to change it because of hurt feelz.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Glad you feel that way.

Lets start, with reinterpreting the third. We need to quarter servicemen and refugees in your house.

And no, you don't get to complain about it, because we've done "reinterpreted" the first...
edit on 18-9-2023 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Different angle. the Constitution is absolute in its given state at any time.such that it cannot be overruled. Yes it can be amended, and the updated version continues on as the authoritative absolute.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Um ... no. It' s absolute.
No 'changing generations' changes the constitution.
Amendments ... yes. Changes ... no.
So yes ... get with reason.
edit on 9/18/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join