It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Constitution is not absolute"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is becoming a new mantra for the power hungry leftists as they take away our freedoms. Obama would use this excuse to explain away his abuse of power. Since Barry couldn't come right out and say he's violating the Constitution, he'd make a sappy, melodramatic speech that his disciples would swallow hook, line, and sinker.

After a school shooting last year, Biden did the bidding of his handlers by calling for more gun control. When reminded of the 2nd Amendment, he responded: "The Second Amendment is not absolute. When it was passed you couldn’t own a cannon, you couldn’t own certain kinds of weapons. There’s just always been limitations.” When Biden kept pressing the gun control issue, Florida House Rep Randy Fine said this:

Finally, Biden said he blamed the NRA and the gun lobby for the shooting, and said he was shocked that gun stores are allowed to sell “weapons of war designed and marketed to kill.” It's never the killer's fault. It's the Republicans. The crazy MAGA people.

Just last week, New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham issued an "emergency public health order" suspending the right to carry guns in public across Albuquerque and the surrounding Bernalillo County "for at least 30 days". She said that "No constitutional right, in my view, including my oath, is intended to be absolute." You can find news clips of her all over the internet where she says, in essence, that she can do whatever she wants.

Shortly after hearing of her power grab, Elon Musk tweeted this:

People are getting tired of this sh!t.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

If she isn't punished, then this will continue.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
F around and Find Out

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We both know she won't be, and this will continue.

The republic is almost finished, welcome to "democracy".

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Gun control has been around since the Wild West days.

The laws of Tombstone at the time required visitors, upon entering town to disarm, either at a hotel or a lawman's office. (Residents of many famed cattle towns, such as Dodge City, Abilene, and Deadwood, had similar restrictions.) But these cowboys had no intention of doing so as they strolled around town with Colt revolvers and Winchester rifles in plain sight. Earlier on this fateful day, Virgil had disarmed one cowboy forcefully, while Wyatt confronted another and county sheriff Johnny Behan failed to persuade two more to turn in their firearms.

When the Earps and Holliday met the cowboys on Fremont Street in the early afternoon, Virgil once again called on them to disarm. Nobody knows who fired first. Ike Clanton and Billy Claiborne, who were unarmed, ran at the start of the fight and survived. Billy Clanton and the McLaury brothers, who stood and fought, were killed by the lawmen, all of whom walked away.

www.smithsonianmag.com...#:~:text=As%20Dykstra%20wrote%2C%20frontier%20towns,killings%20in%20a%20given%20 year.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The constitution is NOT absolute. He is absolutely right! It doesn’t even give a single power to the American people!

No…the Constitution is simply a paper where they wrote down your INALIENABLE RIGHTS which were bestowed on you BY GOD simply because you are a HUMAN BEING.

They can rip up the constitution tomorrow, they can call every right on it illegal. Unfortunately though, as long as this is the United States, those rights are simply untouchable by any politician or act of legislation. Pass whatever they want, it’s already permanently ours no matter WHAT they pass.

Don’t let them try to tell u otherwise.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The State AG released a statement saying that he would not defend her during an impeachment trial. Despite it being a requirement of the job title.

Several Sheriffs have also announced they would not enforce it.

And at least 2 State legislators have said they will impeach. I'm not sure what the status of that is.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

The Supremacy Clause is found in Article VI of the United States Constitution.
The clause states that the Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the land!

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Most of the State's individual Constitutions also re-iterate the 2A.

(post by Saloon removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The Albuquerque mayor, police chief and the sheriff of Bernalillo county have all stated that there will be no enforcement of this illeagle decree.

That governer sure made a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   
www.metro.us...

The constitution can be changed. I'm not sure how changing the 2nd amendment would even work though and I'm not sure it should be changed considering that may open the doors to lesser rights.

I believe thomas jefferson said the constitution should be updated every 20 years. I agree, times change and issues change. Having a perpetual constitution that can't be changed is not beneficial to progress.

So by "absolute" does that mean changing the constitution or that the rules dictated by the constitution can be bypassed? Because if changing the constitution was meant, i don't see the big deal.
edit on 13-9-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
www.metro.us...

The constitution can be changed. I'm not sure how changing the 2nd amendment would even work though and I'm not sure it should be changed considering that may open the doors to lesser rights.

I believe thomas jefferson said the constitution should be updated every 20 years. I agree, times change and issues change. Having a perpetual constitution that can't be changed is not beneficial to progress.

The constitution is great but its not some set of laws handed down by God. We should be open to change if its for the betterment of society.

Absolutely.

Have a Constitutional Convention. It's allowed and even encouraged.

Maybe women can finally get equal rights.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
www.metro.us...

So by "absolute" does that mean changing the constitution or that the rules dictated by the constitution can be bypassed? Because if changing the constitution was meant, i don't see the big deal.

I don't have a problem with changes or ratifications to laws if they're agreed upon, and go through the proper channels and procedures. It's these power hungry lunatics that need to be stopped. The ones who think they can do whatever the hell they want. Rules don't apply to them.
Checks and balances be damned.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

States rights are supposed to be the law of the land, Governors and sheriff are supposed to carry more power within the states than the president, the US Constitution was intended to place restrictions only on the Federal Government.
You can check which of the 14k presidential EO's have illegally changed those restrictions.

In regards to changing the US constitution, see above. DBC stated the truth
careful what you wish for...

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

i have to disagree with this part of your post,

He is absolutely right! It doesn’t even give a single power to the American people!

it plainly states in the preamble,

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

notice the first three words, We the People, and that We and People are capitalized. that tells me, you, me, cole and every other United States citizen have the power.

it's just that a bunch of baahing woke sheeple just are to stupid to see that when you keep on voting the same corrupt people to speak for them where things get all blanked up.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I agree with you. I wouldn't be suprised if "absolute" meant above the law as so many politicians think they are. The power hungry lunatics should be stopped but how do we do that if people just blindly vote them in each election?

People are so easily fooled by the fluff politicians run on without taking a look to what they're really about. Which is usually just enriching themselves, their friends, and obtaining power. Granted, some politcians out there are an exception.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   
A Federal judge has blocked her order!

www.kbtx.com...

Where do they find these governors?
Same place they found AOC, dancing
on a rooftop and in a bar.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
A Federal judge has blocked her order!

www.kbtx.com...

Where do they find these governors?
Same place they found AOC, dancing
on a rooftop and in a bar.

She was probably following orders and will be rewarded by the evil left.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join