It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learn to enjoy your life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Contentment is natural wealth. Luxury is artificial poverty. Yes, Socrates wrote this.

Looking back on my life I got to say I was living with the minimum. I always was saying making sacrifices was a part of the joyment in life. But then one day, maybe I said " enough is enough", take what I have and enjoy the feeling of the emotional part of life of sharing ones life's experience.
I realized one day, and I posted here about the financial situation that I faced in a foreign land and realize, take what I have and go for the gust in life.
I felt then that forgiving in life leads to a freedom of joyfulness in life. As Socrate once wrote, "Contentment is natuarl wealth. Luxury is artificial poverty. This is something to ponder on.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The rat race and “ keeping up with the Jones’s “ type attitude has crushed alot of souls . People need to smile more . We all need to slow down and smell the roses , and look up at the stars and enjoy the sky .

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

well said...

"Shut him up. We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as ONE. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defense each year, and instead spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we can explore space together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.

edit on 13-9-2023 by Terpene because: add bold

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Mornin' M. It doesn't take much to figure this round is the only one that matters going forward to death, so we can live again. We are soooo obsessed with our "stuff".

Last I knew....there are no pockets in caskets to take your stuff w you! Got to...pardon pun MIM...we gotta make our own kind of music.

Buddhist teachings lean toward "there is no "self". Therefore...to wake, go forth, prosper, pray and do for others should be an easy road to any who walk it.

Zen Buddhist monk I knew many years back...we started a friendship at an Orange stand near Key Largo.

"Looking for some good oranges, huh?* He looked up and smiled and said "They are ALL oranges"....stopping to find the best...is folly: like life itself.

Life and living shouldn't be stopped looking for that perfect "anything". It does not exist...

The very nature of Life is to LIVE....
Peace✌️

edit on 09231530America/ChicagoWed, 13 Sep 2023 09:03:15 -050003202300000015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join