It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A ancient Chinese girl who made a difference in a brutal war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Without the flying to roof tops and tops of trees I like ancient Chinese war movies.

Before the Mongols the Chinese were busy killing each other in warlord battles that lasted and never seemed to stop. Kinda like Japan and their own feudal state and much of Europe and Indian tribes you name the continent and someone was always trying to proclaim their dominance..... Seems like when you scrape away all the political B.S. nothing much has changed in this world as now gangs and political parties try to rule.

Synopsis: The historical war action movie "Mulan Hua 花木蘭" tells the legendary story of a girl warrior Hua Mulan. During the Southern and Northern Dynasties, Roulan invaded the Central Plains. Faced with her elderly father, Mulan Hua decides to join the army instead. A girl who first entered the military camp has many inconveniences in life, but Mulan worked hard and finally protected her country with her fellows.

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Thanks.
Haven't seen this one. Watching now.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Cheers, 727Sky!

I'm curious to see how this compares with the 1998 Disney animated version, which I quite enjoyed.

The Disney version is obviously toned down and adds some humour via the tiny dragon, Mushu.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
That was interesting!
I’ve been drawn to the culture ever since I was in grade school & read ‘The Good Earth’!
I even binge watched Chef Hua not too long ago!

WOQ

top topics

join