It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus died to set you free, so in honor of him, be free.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   
We have all sinned in the past, but Jesus became sin so that we could become the righteousness of God. We should not be sinning every day.

Those who sin every day either lack sufficient understanding to overcome their self-imposed rigid standards - standards that they may have unwittingly adopted from other confused believers - or they have their minds fixed on fleshly things.

[1Jo 3:23 NASB95] 23 This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.

We have the Holy Spirit; it is not too difficult to fulfill God's will and leave sin behind. See for yourself. Read 1Peter 4:1-3.

[1Pe 4:1-3 NASB95] 1 Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, 2 so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God. 3 For the time already past is sufficient [for you] to have carried out the desire of the Gentiles, having pursued a course of sensuality, lusts, drunkenness, carousing, drinking parties and abominable idolatries.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

So you don’t need Jesus because you are perfect, arrogance is a sin
Self righteousness is a sin

I note you left out the rest of Peters teachings
7 The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray. 8 Above all, love each other deeply, “because love covers over a multitude of sins”. 9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others

I need Jesus because I am a sinner, just as the apostle Paul said in Romans

14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I admit that the law is good. 17In that case, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh; for I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For I do not do the good I want to do. Instead, I keep on doing the evil I do not want to do. 20And if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21So this is the principle I have discovered: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God’s law. 23But I see another law at work in my body, warring against the law of my mind and holding me captive to the law of sin that dwells within me.bbiblehub.com...

You claim greater than the apostle Paul?

Your biblical knowledge is very limited, Jesus removes our sin, not us
edit on 11-9-2023 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

How could you say those things?

Jesus died so that we could be free from sin, not so that we would continue to wallow in them like a swine in muck. I reject your accusations. May they be upon you until you repent.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I always liked, "If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing."

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 07:44 PM
link   

If you don't continue sinning, then Jesus died for nothing!

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ye'shua died so that we will not have to pay the price for our sins not to make us sinless
The Ru'ach ha'Kodesh (Holy Spirit) enables us to walk by a faith that draws us ever closer to the image of GOD that is meant for us....sinless
At the return of the Messiah we shall all be transformed into that which is wholly pleasing to GOD

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: amicusbrief

Spend a little more time on understanding. I would say you're good on the Hebrew phonics front.
edit on bAmerica/ChicagoMonday07America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoMon, 11 Sep 2023 20:07:59 -0500pMon, 11 Sep 2023 20:07:59 -0500 by BELIEVERpriest because: Typo

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Agreed. "Freedoms just another word for nothin-left-to-lose"-Kris Kristopherson

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 10:10 PM
link   

"If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us."

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ThyJudgeCometh

Yes. You've quoted 1John 1:8, and indeed, we all have sins that we've committed in the past. But keep reading a few more verses, into the next chapter. Why did John say he was writing to his little children?

[1Jo 2:1 NASB95] 1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

It's classic.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Amen. The poor tend to be the best suited for the narrow gate and constricted path.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 12:01 AM
link   
WHO?

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Are you saying that we should be sinless after Jesus enters our lives?

We are of flesh and our flesh is carnal, it is never going to align with the spirit- it will NEVER conform to a perfect life. It is impossible. That is one reason why Jesus was the perfect sacrifice. The only way we could never sin again is if we were perfect.

We sin, even knowingly and we repent and ask for forgiveness. And God forgives.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatchful

Are you saying that we should be sinless after Jesus enters our lives?

Yes. If you walk by the Spirit, you will not carry out the deeds of the flesh.

We are of flesh and our flesh is carnal, it is never going to align with the spirit- it will NEVER conform to a perfect life.

Read Romans 6, 7, & 8. In Christ, we are dead to the flesh and free from sin.

[Gal 5:24 NASB95] 24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

It is impossible.

[Phl 4:13 NASB95] 13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

That is one reason why Jesus was the perfect sacrifice. The only way we could never sin again is if we were perfect.

I encourage you to learn the real purpose of the New Covenant.

[Eze 36:26-27 NASB95] 26 "Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 "I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.

God forgives if you forgive others and repent with humility. But you will not encounter a single temptation which God does not give you a clear and open opportunity to escape.

[1Co 10:13] 13 No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation Hewill provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

We have no excuse for any sin. And we have absolutely NO Biblical reason to believe that sin after conversion is ever an inevitability. This is a defeatist mental attitude that Satan wants you to adopt.
edit on bAmerica/ChicagoTuesday07America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 12 Sep 2023 02:07:30 -0500pTue, 12 Sep 2023 02:07:30 -0500 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 02:06 AM
link   

'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

as was written.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 03:32 AM
link   

When I read your writing, I see none of the fruit of the Holy Spirit, satan believes, believing means nothing

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Freest I ever was...was living in burned out house, in winter...my prayers to Our God were simple: " Jesus, get me the hell outta here!"

He did....✌️✝️

Agreed. The "poor" have the greatest connection to God, with minimum requests daily for saving....and just to get out of their situations.
edit on 09231030America/ChicagoTue, 12 Sep 2023 08:09:10 -050009202300000010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

We have all sinned in the past, but Jesus became sin so that we could become the righteousness of God. We should not be sinning every day.

Those who sin every day either lack sufficient understanding to overcome their self-imposed rigid standards - standards that they may have unwittingly adopted from other confused believers - or they have their minds fixed on fleshly things.

Your theology is a bit off.

Romans 3:23-24 23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. Yet God, in his grace, freely makes us right in his sight.

Ecclesiastes 7:20. Indeed, there is not a righteous man on earth who continually does good and who never sins.

Romans 3:10. as it is written, “There is none righteous, not even one;

Psalm 143:2. And do not enter into judgment with Your servant, For in Your sight no man living is righteous.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Read Romans 6-8, Galatians 5, and 1John 1-3.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join