It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pirola: Omicron BA.2.86 and Origins of its Unusual Mutations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   
There are lots of unusual mutations in this new strain. Some of the mutations were rare from the Wuhan strain, some were rare mutations sold online to labs, some were enduced mutations only found in labs with research posted online for anyone to repeat the experiment. Mutations from bats, even mutations from cats.

Here's the origins of some of these unusual mutations in the new Pirola virus.

Spike Protein
Mutation #1. ins16MPLF
: NTD supersite
Mutation #2. R21T: mutation originated from Delta variant B.1.617.3 found in Maharashtra, India
Mutation #3. S50L: mutation originated from original Wuhan strain found in China, Singapore, and Australia found in sequences 4/16/2020.
Mutation #4. del69-70:  was a mutation to Pfizer vaccine BNT162b2. Mutation found in UK study, published Jan 27, 2021. Same article talks about a South Africa mutation to Pfizer vaccine, also found in Omicron BA.1, but not in Omicron BA.2
Mutation #5. V127F: from original Wuhan strain and first found in Asia, published June 12, 2020.
Mutation #6. Y144del: NTD supersite, comes from Alpha variant, and mutation found in six states in India, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh; also found in Omicron BA.1, but not in Omicron BA.2
Mutation #7. F157S: NTD supersite, comes from Iota variant USA, NYC
Mutation #8. R158G: NTD supersite, comes from Delta Plus variant, forms a hydrogen bond with Q14
Mutation #9. N211del: found in Omicron BA.1, but not in Omicron BA.2
Mutation #10. L212I: found in Omicron BA.1, but not in Omicron BA.2
Mutation #11. L216F: from Delta, rare, also created in labs in UK from Alpha strain. Experiment repeated by other groups, mutation available online for sale to labs; also found in Omicron BA.2, It is resistant to bamlanivimab and helps evade Pfizer vaccine
Mutation #12. H245N: NTD supersite, found in Palestine, sample collected Nov 2020, published Dec 2021; a frequent mutation in B.1.1.50, (B.1.1.50 as of 3/29/2020 was Israel = 88%, Palestine = 5%, UK = 4%, Denmark = 1%, US = 0%): mutation causes amino acid change in spike glycoprotein and its role in viral mimicry used to evade host immunity and escalate vaccine escape.
Mutation #13. A264D: mutation existed only in a lab experiment in 2021, but never existed out in the world. Rockefeller University got a bunch of government grants to research induced mutations in COVID in HIV positive patients co-infected. In an artificially induced experiment only ONE blood plasma donor had the A264D mutation which was plasma donor RU2 in the experiment. In RU2 donor plasma the A264D mutation occurred at a 32.2% rate of mutation but only in this single plasma donor and no other plasma donors had the mutation. Its unclear who all had access to plasma donor RU2 blood after the artificially induced mutations were created in the experiment. So either someone stole a sample of RU2 or since the precise details of the Rockefeller experiment were published online, one or more groups repeated the experiment. Obviously the published research is lacking data on RU2, which is odd, so some group or more than one group wanted to repeat it to get the rest of the data on RU2.
Mutation #14. I332V: a mutation that occurs in COVID from the use of favipiravir. Favipiravir was originally used as an antiviral against influenza in Japan. It has been approved for treatment against COVID in Japan, Russia, Serbia, India and Thailand.
Mutation #15. D339H: mutation is result of use of bebtelovimab which is a monoclonal antibody that was revoked by FDA in Nov 2022. This mutation causes increased ACE2 binding affinity in COVID
Mutation #16. K356T: mutation adds N-linked glycan to RBD at N354 creating Asn-X-Ser/Thr motif. Mutation is result of use of sotrovimab in COVID, specifically on Omicron. FDA cancelled its use in Apr 2022 but still used in Europe
Mutation #17. R403K: a mutation on watchlists, the mutation weakens antibody bindings to spike protein increasing ACE2 affinity published Chem Sci Apr 2022
Mutation #18. V445H: origin of mutation unknown, early theory published 9/4/23 is that enhances immune evasion
Mutation #19. G446S: mutation came from original Wuhan strain and mutation G446S was placed for sale on net at price of $448. Also found in Omicron BA.1, (not BA.2) and that mutation placed for sale online at cost of $1105. Apparently bebtelovimab, a monoclonal antibody has reduced capacity against this mutation or a 69-fold reduction against it
Mutation #20. N450D: all variants containing this mutation are on the EUA's watchlist of mutations of concern or MOCs. Mutation increases bonding at receptor binding domain (RBD) with a singular H-bond, then it creates a side chain. Decreased effectiveness of cilgavimab which is a monoclonal antibody used in the UK and Europe, but not used in the US; mutation causes a decrease 200-fold
Mutation #21. L452W:  mutation from leucine to tryptophan which is an anchoring membrane protein that is important in glycan-protein interactions, mutation from Delta variant
Mutation #22. N460K: enhances cell-cell fusion by synctia formation in size 3.8 fold higher than BA.2 enhancing spike processing, creates a hydrogen bond and salt-bridge, enhanced resistance to neutralizing antibodies
Mutation #23. N481K: mutation originated in Qatar in 2020, exclusively Qatar, within original Wuhan strain B.1 and B.1.428 early in the pandemic; mutationfor sale online for $448/$493. So even though existed as mutation only in Qatar, anyone can buy it; also found in New Zealand in an unusual subvariant of Delta with 10 new mutations which is odd because New Zealand had extremely strict lockdowns
Mutation #24. V483del: mutation deletes a residue in RBDs receptor binding motif which causes increased immune evasion
Mutation #25. A484K: mutation originally from Beta, and also found in Omicron BA.1, so origin is South Africa; mutation recruits residue E75 to give rise to another HG group but lacking research on what the HG group does, looks like a signature of a South African Nazi bioweapons maker
Mutation #26. F486P: mutation found in most XBB strains, allows immune escape to previous infection and the site which vaccines target rendering vaccines ineffective, increases binding
Mutation #27. R493Q: mutation restores neutralizing epitopes found in protype Wuhan which has been abolished by the original BA.2, yet mutation appeared in BA.2.75
Mutation #28. E554K: mutation first occurred in Delta strain in Punjab Pakistan, then began to appear in XBB strains also in Pakistan. Unknown effect due to data error in research. One site claims the E554K mutation is less infectious looking at data in XBB.1.5.20 results, but according to the research E554K was not in the sample for XBB.1.5.20, instead it was in XBB.1.5.8 samples. So it is unclear what its effects are.

edit on 9-9-2023 by MapMistress because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Mutation #29. A570V: mutation first isolated in Egyptian mother cat, kitten and their veterinarian, published July 2021. The mutation enhances binding affinity to ACE2 receptor and contributes to an equilibrium shift; odd that the other mutations associated with cats not in this strain, just the one
Mutation #30. P621S: mutation first found in one case in South America from Wuhan strain, data published Sep 3, 2020; then next it was found in one case in Saudi Arabia published Jan 2021; then it vanishes and suddenly reappears in South Australia in XBF.1.1 "Bythos" at the beginning of 2023
Mutation #31. I670V: Pirola mutation found in Israel cases and one case in the US; origin of mutation unknown, no one seems to know mutation function yet
Mutation #32. H681V: mutation is histidine and enhances synctia formation, this particular mutation in Omicron restores cell fusion potential to similar levels during Delta
Mutation #33. S939F: mutation first found in France Mar 4, 2020 and became widespread in Sweden, Wales and England; decreases stability of protein and affects immune response by significant modulation of T-lymphocytes by enriching binding epitopes to human leukocyte alleles (HLA)
Mutation #34. P1143L: first isolated in Australia version of Wuhan in Feb 2020; increases spike mediated entry into cell

Nucleocapsid Protein
Mutation #35. Q229K
: mutation was only artificially created in a lab experiment by a group of Wuhan scientists who were trying to figure out binding and NF-kB Essential Modulators (NEMO). The group of Wuhan scientists conducted the experiment on mice and used Wild Type COVID. In lab the "NEMO mutants in which Q residues between 25 kDa and 35 kDa were replaced with A or K were generated", translation published online Apr 7, 2022
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
Mutation #36. G2435: a mutation documented from original Wuhan strain, it is an amino acid substitution also found in bat coronavirus bat-CoV RaTG13; also found in Sweden in Omicron BA.2.34 published Apr 2022; mutation in Israel sequence of BA.2.86 but not found in Denmark

Membrane Protein
Mutation #37. D3H
: mutation first found in Alpha B.1.1.7 by May 2021, also found in Delta strains
Mutation #38. T30A: mutation very rare, like .03% of samples of Alpha and Gamma
Mutation #39. A104V: considered to be one of the top 3 most frequent mutations of COVID

ORF8
Mutation #40. T87I
: mutation first identified in samples from Ceara northwest Brazil sequences Mar-Dec 2020; also in Omicron BA.2.86 Israel but not Denmark

ORF1a
Mutation #41. A211D
: no data on mutation yet
Mutation #42. V1056L: mutation first identified in Hong Kong's 4th wave Nov 2020, B.1.36.27; mutation also found in one individual who was immunocompromised who had a 486-day case of COVID, published 2022; mutation is thought to involve polyprotein processing
Mutation #43. K1973R: mutation found in one case in India, published online Feb 19, 2021
Mutation #44. N2526S: no data on mutation yet
Mutation #45. A2710T: Spain has a detection test for this mutation, mutation was rare in Omicron BA.1
Mutation #46. V3593F: mutation first identified in USA from Wuhan, WA-UW277-2020
Mutation #47. T41751: mutation first identified in Mexico City, Mexico B.1.1.159, Nov 2020

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MapMistress

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   

you can't use a super deadly threat of "killer virus" to change election rules without a "killer virus". Just sayin.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   

From what I've read we really don't need to worry as long as the variant Omicron stays as Omicron and it looks like it will.

Although it’s unclear how SARS-CoV-2 will evolve over the next few years, Barbian offers a hopeful prediction: The virus will eventually become less severe or seasonal or both, much like the four seasonal coronaviruses that cause about 20% of colds.

This shift will gradually happen as immunity grows around the globe. “Most of the population will have some kind of immunity through vaccination or through an infection, so if you get a new infection, you’ll likely have a milder disease,” she says. “Of course, new variants might shake that up a bit, but in general, I think that’s where we’re headed.”

www.rush.edu...#:~:text=An%20offshoot%20of%20omicron%3F,five%20years%2C%E2%80%9D%20Barbian%20says.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   
So, these mutations are creating more deadly strains or less deadly ones? Or is the threat level about the same?

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   
All those mutations and i've never had one.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
So, these mutations are creating more deadly strains or less deadly ones? Or is the threat level about the same?

When mutatuons occur naturally, they tend to be less dangerous, because they need to be better at procreating. Killing the host usually kills the virus rather than propogating it.

The only mutations that become more deadly end up disappearing, because it harms it's propogation. The faster a virus kills you,the less likely it is to continue to exist.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I don't understand this whatsoever; however I do thank you for the meticulous research and citations.

Bravo

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

I don't yet. No one knows yet. It's still too early to tell. Lack of data. There's not enough cases yet and a lack of data.

There's at least 19 mutations that increase infectivity, binding and fusion of the virus to human cells and help evade immune response. There's probably more than 19 mutations but for some of the mutations there's just no data on what they do yet.

(Mutations that increase infectivity/evade immune response = S50L, del69-70, H245N, D339H, K356T, R403K, V445H, N450D, L452W, N460K, N481K, delV483, A484K, F486P, R493Q, A570V, H681R, S939F, P1143L)

Then there's a set of mutations resistant to vaccines, antiviral drugs and monoclonal antibodies: del69-70, L216F, I332V, D339H, K356T, G445S, A484K, F486P.

What really worries me is the number of mutations that come from Omicron BA.1 that were never in BA.2 that have now suddenly surfaced in Pirola strain. Remember all COVID lineages enter the human cells through fusion, EXCEPT Omicron BA.1.

Omicron BA.1 was the only strain of Covid that entered human cells via endocytosis and that meant that BA.1 could breach the blood-brain barrier entering through the olfactory tract.

Pirola suddenly has 7 mutations from Omicron BA.1, which makes me question: Does Pirola enter cells via endocytosis like BA.1? or does it enter cells via fusion like all other COVID?

Pirola mutations from BA.1 = del69-70, delY144, delN211, L212I, G446S, A484K, A2701T.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   

If you had covid in the last two to three months you already have the new version of it, my doctor told me when I had covid a few weeks ago.

He also told me that is was nothing to worry about as covid strain has downgraded with time and people has build immunity to it.

Beside the fever and the headaches, It lasted me 5 days, my husband is the one that got it first and he had strep throat, and it seems most people are getting with it.

Covid is just a strong cold, get over it.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 04:28 AM
link   
just two weeks to flatten the curve ....

a reply to: marg6043

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

The big pharma and CDC is counting on the pesky flu to come by the time covid starts to die out again, soo they can boost the numbers once again, like they did during the pandemic, Flu seemed to disappear during that time.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   
[My 19 year old has gotten covid 3 times now. She just tested positive again! She says it is worse that the other times. She was feeling so bad and had a fever for 5 days before going to the ER. She tested negative for both but tested positive today. In the mean time her job was pressuring her to go to work. Three cassrooms have been exposed. Her job will not accept a home test as proof. I guess too many people lying about having it so they don't have to come in. They want a note from the doctor. Well, she's going to go in to CVS clinic and get a test from the doctor tomorrow so she can email a picture to the school. I told her to walk her butt into the office atthe school and take the test in front of them! They saw how sick she was before she called in. She still has fever she still is coughing and conjested and feels as if she has been hit by a bus.... crazy. I said go in there and take your extra teat and do it in front of them.
I have read that some of the new variants do not always show up on tests.
I guess I am just annoyed because where I work, all you need is to take the home test and if it's positive you tell the director. It's not cool when your boss can't trust you.
edit on 9 10 2023 by cre8chaos because: Added stuff.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

If you had covid in the last two to three months you already have the new version of it, my doctor told me when I had covid a few weeks ago.

He also told me that is was nothing to worry about as covid strain has downgraded with time and people has build immunity to it.

Well, I'm not worried about any of the XBB strains nor EG5.1 because none of them had any effect on me. I am sure I caught them but my immune system fought them off without incident in 24 hours or less.

What bothers me is the media hype. Media pushed fear about XBB strains which did hardly anything to me. Now there's Pirola and already media is trying to downplay it and vax companies are lying pressuring boosters which have no effect on it.

47 mutations on Pirola means starting all over like Omicron BA.1 again. The preprint research says natural immunity to XBB strains only 50% effective against Pirola and 4th dose vaccine offer 0% protection against Pirola.

We then performed a neutralization assay using XBB breakthrough infection sera to address whether BA.2.86 evades the antiviral effect of the humoral immunity induced XBB subvariants. The 50% neutralization titer of XBB BTI sera against BA.2.86 was significantly (1.4-fold) lower than those against EG.5.1. The sera obtained from individuals vaccinated with 3rd-dose monovalent, 4th-dose monovalent, 4th-dose BA.1 bivalent, and 4th-dose BA.5 bivalent mRNA vaccines exhibited very little or no antiviral effects against BA.2.86.

Moreover, the three monoclonal antibodies (Bebtelovimab, Sotrovimab and Tixagevimab), which worked against the parental BA.2, did not exhibit antiviral effects against BA.2.86. These results suggest that BA.2.86 is one of the most highly immune evasive variants ever.

Sato Lab Preprint: Transmissibility, Infectivity, and Immune Resistance of the SARS-CoV-2 BA.2.86 Variant

edit on 14-9-2023 by MapMistress because: (no reason given)

top topics

join