It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi says she'll seek House reelection in 2024,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   
frontier.yahoo.com...

I don't want to scream so I will just say nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo/

Has this woman no shame? Has this woman no sense of true representation?
This, if nothing else marks her as a fraud. Can she not see the holler put up about Biden's age.. Or Feinstien ?
Is she so delusional about her own power and place in history? ''Look at me folks, I" m saving the world'""?
Who ever runs against her, I hope they beat her .

IN 24 she will be eighty three. Gel outta here, your' not as wonderful as you think yourself to be.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

she must want to make a few more investments, I wonder if she has been losing money since her departure?

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Is it just me, or are all of your politicians running for office completely flawed and unfit in one way or another?

Like, all of them?

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Well, if they elect her, they deserve what they get.

One the plus side, we'll probably get to see her geek out on live TV, or maybe even fall over dead.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

flawed

Flawed? Flawed is one thing, we are all of us flawed. But Fraud? That is something we can control, something we can be honest with ourselves about.

If nothing more, a good representative will already know that people tend to flock. Flock to celebrity, vote for celebrity. Got a famous name, vote for em. Look at the rate of incumbency. That is the voters fault for not holding their representatives to a democratic ideal. A good representative would serve for two terms and step aside. I say ASIDE for others to serve. This thing with Pelosi thinking she is the only one who can serve her constituents is as bad as Trump saying he is the only one who can save America.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

For me W, it's not the person so much as it is the syndrome. The syndrome of sickness that at best afflicts even good people in office, this idea that ''they'' are the ones who can do it best. This should not be a contest but rather a selection of the people. But it is not. The entire system plays it like a game to be won, a contest.And at worst, a ticket to fortune which seems to be the case for most if not all of them.

You're a fraud Pelosi.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I hope she wins.

San Francisco needs her representation.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Yes, but I said " completely flawed and unfit"?

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   

And she might actually get reelected again. Unless something has changed in the past years, voters seem pretty intent on electing the status quo. Even if its someone like Nancy Pelosi who thinks its perfectly fine for polticians to do insider trading while in office. No conflict of interest there!

There is a ton of politicians, especially democrats, that I truely wonder what the hell voters are thinking. People just don't seem to vote based on anything other than who seems to pander to wedge issues and party loyallty.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Did you see her speech on promoting her candidacy, she looks like she do not give a crap if she gets the votes or not, she still will get elected.

We all know that, is not shame among this elections steelers.

edit on 8-9-2023 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Very well said Sir.

The last few weeks I've gotten so damn sad about the state of our country.

But then I get mad.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I knew it wouldn't be long before her husband got rid of
her boney ass some how. This may have been the situation
if sending her back to us didn't work.

Only more geriatric

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Is it just me, or are all of your politicians running for office completely flawed and unfit in one way or another?

Like, all of them?

Most of them are. For example; you have Ayanna Pressley who basically said that if you're black and don't vote for the right democrats, then you shouldn't vote. Or something similair.

Then you have Majorie Taylor Greene which promoted wild Qanon conspiracies.

Just two examples out of many politicans that make one think; HOW are these people running the most powerful nation in the world?

Which just leads me to believe, voters simply vote by emotion and marketing. There should be something that prevents people from seeing party affiliation during voting and then maybe taking a test to show you understand the general outline of what each candidate believes in / will do in office.

Maybe things will be differn't this election.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Ugh, fly leg eye leashes. She should fire her makeup artist and but if she does this to herself, she should just stay away from mascara in general.

Is she still being drunk in public?

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

The last few weeks I've gotten so damn sad about the state of our country.

But then I get mad.

An honest conundrum. Me too. I wonder which is worse, sadness or anger. The sadness I guess is a self defeating state and the natural outlet is anger. Me, I let my sadness out that way for to long but finally found that the anger was eating me up. Anger when used as a motivation for change is fine I guess but only when it can be seen to help resolve the issue, but when the issue or condition is unsolvable it only leads to more and more anger, and that at least for me is sure killer.
So now for the most part, it's just detachment for me.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The syndrome of sickness that at best afflicts even good people in office, this idea that ''they'' are the ones who can do it best.

There is a thing about being in power for more than 20 years. Castro, Putin, The Zimbabwe guy, Hugo Chavez maybe(not factchecking), some others. They seem to go nuts at that 20 year mark where of course they are the only one good enough for that position.

Pelosi is at the 38 year mark.

In terms of military, other smoothly functioning institutions, individuals are replaceable. There is no indispensable person. Period. If their is then disaster comes when that person becomes incapacitated in one way or another.

No position of authority should be entrusted to anyone over 20 years.

Term limits. Term limits.

When Hugo Chavez died, the country collapsed because there was no suitable replacement. No effort to encourage the development of a suitable replacement. And that's just one example.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Of course she’s gonna run. She’s gonna be pushing for Gavin Newsome once they ditch JB

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Term limits certainly, this would be a way for society to protect itself from self servers. But more than that one might hope for an individual who served would be mature enough, intelligent enough to understand the personal psychology of what happens to people who serve that long as you suggest. One, even if one started out with best and honest intentions should know how it can change a person. This is why I liked Washington so much, he knew, both for the country and I suspect for himself as well.

Term limits would allow for other competetent folk to rise up within the system, rise up and take over kind of. As it is, who else is there in the D party who comes even close to the experience necessary to do what Pelosi has done. None because she has hogged that position for far to long. Shame on her for not mentoring people to take over from her.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

You mean Obama?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join