It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What about a sword?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: sine.nomine

Rock, paper scissors?

I don't know what you're getting at, but I have all three.

For clarification:

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: djz3ro

Ammo runs out.

Keep your sword.

This basically summed up what I was saying.
edit on 5-9-2023 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   

A sword of that type is handy, you can turn it in to a large bladed spear and set it as a trap for deer for example, it makes a huge bleeding wound.

By the way there are still people that kill hibernating bears with only a simple wood chopping axe, so yeah, you can use a sword to do many different things.

And it does not run out of ammo.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: sine.nomine

Rock, paper scissors?

Long gun, sidearm, blade.

Unless you can get your hands on a mace

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I would say Hatchet, or Axe, tomahawk over sword.

The odds of a complete and total collapse are still fairly remote, but in the event of a partial collapse you have much better odds spinning a believable story for carrying an axe over a sword.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I collect swords. And I can purchase them legally in the US and in Greece. I’ll be happy to send you one of mine for free or one you find online if the post allows it.

Also collect maces, morning stars, crossbows, halberds, shields, etc
edit on 9/5/2023 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/5/2023 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Dude that is good to know
does that invitation extend to all of us here?

Not the free bit lol. More the action as an agent.

a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

edit on 6-9-2023 by Dalamax because: Rta

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I had a samurai sword pulled on me one time.

Me and a few friends were invited over to some dude's house by a girl he was digging on, and he didn't like me because she liked me, so he decided he had enough of me, pulled out the sword and told me to leave.

It wasn't as scary as you would think it would be.

I dunno why not. He could have been a legit samurai or ninja for all I know, but it didn't strike fear into me or anything. It kind of pissed me off more than anything.

The time I heard a double barrel shotgun cocking and turned around to see it pointed at my face, though, I nearly shat myself.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:43 PM
link   

a real, honest to god, 37 inch sword? probably wont help much. a much shorter blade would, especially with your training.

heres why. you wont get into a sword fight. very few have trained for 3 decades with a sword, so you dont have to worry about that. also, a sword is a specific tool for a specific need. you only chop bodies with a sword. also, the only people that will carry a full-on sword will be weeaboos, with no training, and it will be a cheap katana.

if you can fit it, take it for sentimental value. that is also important in survival.

however, i would suggest a much shorter blade. a gladius, maybe? its 24" inches, but conquered the world (at the time).

an ax or hatchet would fit your needs better. its a multi use tool. the viking ax was a tool first, and fighting weapon second. in a survival situation you need tools that can serve many needs.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 12:55 AM
link   

A Machete would be more Practical . Can be Carried on a Belt Loop and Used for either Chopping off Branches of a Tree in the Woods or Chopping Off Heads of People that try and Mess with you .....*)
edit on 29-10-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 11:08 PM
link   
A bolo machete or a cane knife would probably be as good as a sword.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join