It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LABOR DAY Question - Why Are Most Unions Pro-Democrat -and- Pro-Biden?.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Monday, September 4, 2023

Happy Labor Day to all workers and retirees everywhere!

President Biden is spending time today celebrating Unions, and Unionized Employees...

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — President Joe Biden, who often says he’s the most pro-union president in history, touted the importance of unions and applauded American workers in building the economy during a Labor Day appearance in Philadelphia on Monday.

The Democratic president spoke about how the economy is recovering from the crippling coronavirus pandemic and about what his administration has done to pay for infrastructure improvements, and he cited the importance of unions in building the middle class.

“This Labor Day we’re celebrating jobs, good-paying jobs, jobs you can raise a family on, union jobs,” Biden told the crowd gathered Monday.

Instead of standing at the podium, the president held the microphone in his hand and walked around the stage behind signs that read “UNION STRONG.”
More at: apnews.com...

It's interesting how "Lunch Bucket Joe" is so pro-union, even though he's never been a union worker. The Biden family receives millions of dollars a year, but I don't believe they're thankful to Unions for that revenue.

Historically, Unions have supported Democrat candidates at election time. In fact, 17 labor unions endorsed President Biden at the same time, 2 months ago for 2024, including the 750,000 member Federal Employees Union.

Source: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

It's wild that only 32% of Americans think Joe Biden is doing a decent job as President, but all the Union Members like him. How do you explain that? Maybe there are not really that many Unionized employees in America? It just "seems" like there are because President Joe Biden gives them a high profile?

-CareWeMust

edit on 9/4/2023 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Union workers dont like him
Union politicians do

Union workers didn’t like Obama either he destroyed their healthcare benefits

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Unions are not "pro-Democrat". Unions are "pro-Communism". The Democrats have shifted so far Left that they embrace the same ideals as Communism.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Union politicians do

Union Employees don't vote based on their Union's recommendation?

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Unions are not "pro-Democrat". Unions are "pro-Communism". The Democrats have shifted so far Left that they embrace the same ideals as Communism.

I thought Communism kept everyone's income low. Union workers seem to do quite well in most trades.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
A far as I can tell, unions are commie slackers. They don't want to work hard enough to be above average so they drag down society to support them being bums.

It's nice and all to make the common man a good living, but it removes incentive to be better than average.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
but all the Union Members like him.

I don't think that's true. The union politicians and leaders may make speeches saying to support Biden, but the average union worker .. well .. I'm sure they think for themselves and don't always follow what the union tells them to do.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Union politicians do

Union Employees don't vote based on their Union's recommendation?

Uh
Most frontline union employees don’t do what anyone tells them
Its why the union is important
They defend you when the man wants you to do unsafe crap

Do they follow the unions recommendations for votes, in the industrial sector i say nope.
The teachers probably do tho

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I think the union top dogs are the democrats but I don’t know how the employees break down voting wise.
Mostly because the dems are pro union and the biggest concern of any union is it’s continued existence and not the people it claims to be protecting.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
if its like the uk then its a tribal relationship that's probably no longer reflective of the world in which the tribalism was born.

it feels the left are now less workers and unions and now more about ngos.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Unions forcibly take money from members, give half to the dems, half to the union big wheels. Dems write legislation to grow unions and protect them in every scenario. Pretty basic stuff.
Every now and then the union may do something for the members, but only if it makes money or grows their power.

edit on 4-9-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Because birds of a feather flock together

OR!

Because they're all criminals in alliance going back to at least Nov 22 1963.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

all the Union Members like him. How do you explain that?

They probably have shares in kids shampoos

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

" LABOR DAY Question - Why Are Most Unions Pro-Democrat -and- Pro-Biden?. "

Because the Heads of those Unions are Paid Off Handsomely for their Support with Federal Bribe Money . .

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Biden’s statement on the looming UAW strike…..

"No, I'm not worried about a strike," Biden said. "It's not gonna happen."

UAW President’s statement on what Biden said….

UAW President Shawn Fain said he was shocked by Biden's statement.

“He must know something we don’t know. Maybe the companies plan on walking in and giving us our demands on the night before, I don’t know, but he’s on the inside on something I don’t know about," Fain said. "Our intent is not to strike. Our intent is to get a fair agreement. That’s been our intent from Day One."

Why would Biden say that?

www.wxyz.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Labor day... pffft

The day of federal slackers enjoying a 3 day weekend

plebs can just suck eggs and get back to work

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Biden’s statement on the looming UAW strike…..

"No, I'm not worried about a strike," Biden said. "It's not gonna happen."

UAW President’s statement on what Biden said….

UAW President Shawn Fain said he was shocked by Biden's statement.

“He must know something we don’t know. Maybe the companies plan on walking in and giving us our demands on the night before, I don’t know, but he’s on the inside on something I don’t know about," Fain said. "Our intent is not to strike. Our intent is to get a fair agreement. That’s been our intent from Day One."

Why would Biden say that?

www.wxyz.com...

1. Because he’s totally retarded, has no idea who is doing what, and just blurts out his fantasy of things.
2. He knows there’s some sort of blackmail / payoff / FBI abuse lined up to shut the strike down before it starts.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
A far as I can tell, unions are commie slackers. They don't want to work hard enough to be above average so they drag down society to support them being bums.

It's nice and all to make the common man a good living, but it removes incentive to be better than average.

So most of these construction guys driving around Chicago in big Pickups with Union stickers are "slackers"?

My relative is not a "slacker" but he is way overpaid for what he does as a City of Chicago unionized electrical worker.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SigmaXSquared

Labor day... pffft

The day of federal slackers enjoying a 3 day weekend

plebs can just suck eggs and get back to work

Congress isn't union, but they have been on vacation since July 25th, not to return until September 12th. They only are in session 119 days @ year. That's what I call "slacking" on steroids.

But American taxpayers don't care, apparently.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I honestly think the board is overthinking this. In my humble opinion, it comes to the basic philosophy of both sides.

Right wingers / Conservatives - About the individual over the group
Left wingers / Liberals - About the group over the individual

Unions are all about the group. Even when the group contains employees who should probably be fired. Group > Individual so they support the left. I honestly don't think it's anymore complicated than that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join