It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A WW11 story that nobody has heard of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 02:17 AM
link   
It seems that in all the machinations that the little people are unaware of. When Edward resigned as King because because he wanted to Mary Wallace Simpson, the then British Government breathed a sigh of relief, as he was the main reason that Britain didn't intervene when Hitler invaded the Sudatenland.As he threatened a constitutional crisis if they did. Claiming that Edward felt more German than English, it would have been no surprise that Hitler knew of defense secrets and battle plans which seemed to come from high places. It was suggested that Wallace a great friend of Ribbentrop the Third Reich's ambassador to Britain was the most likely courier. However, the German aristocracy and the British aristocracy were evidently closely related so it was no surprise that the now EX King Edward was proffered as the King of Germany after the war, by the still-powerful German aristocracy.
The idea was shelved by the foreign office simply because it was illegal at that time post-war for Germans to send letters. This close relationship between the German aristocracy and Hitler and by association the British Royals. This caused Churchill to ok a secret mission after the war to go into the American sector to get hold of correspondences which would severely embarrass said family if they ever reached the press.
The problem is that Major Blunt a Soviet spy microfilmed the correspondences and are still in the possession of the FSB in Moscow. Blunt was never tried because it was thought that if they ever became public could destroy the British monarchy. Interesting little story by Mark Felton.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

This risk has become even bigger with digital communications.
Somone has to have it all, and it might ba a powerful leverage.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 04:46 AM
link   
worth remembering in the 30s everyone including hitler thought any next war would be britain vs the usa and hitler decided germany would back britain in that fight.. so there are 2 sides to this, which makes the mixed American parentage of Churchill a standout issue, ni the same way johnson tried to be a churchill but was more a fickle henry8 character.

The thing is there is always royal intrigue,and always royals who want other states to intervene to make them king, harry and edward have a lot in common with others down through the ages, the title of Harrys book "spare" hints at that the sentiment of the kid who wants to be king but needs a more powerful empire to put him on the throne..

each have pivoted to the de jure cultural empires of the day.. germany in the 30s usa in the 2020s.. previous to that it was the spain, the lowlands or france..

these kinds of machinations are not limited to the uk when the wall fell the georgians approached one of the princes to be their king in 2000s the russians looked at the prince Michael of kent as a potential tsar.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 06:04 AM
link   

When Edward resigned as King because because he wanted to Mary Wallace Simpson, the then British Government breathed a sigh of relief, as he was the main reason that Britain didn't intervene when Hitler invaded the Sudatenland.

Edward abdicated in December 1936.
Germany gained control of Sudetenland in October 1938.

Edward had nothing to do with British foreign policy, Appeasement was the approach taken by the Prime Minister of the time Neville Chamberlain.
Appeasement certainly had its supporters within the British peerage etc but Edward was by this time persona non grata within senior ranks of The Establishment and had little to no influence at all with anyone with any sort of sway or control of UK policy making.

.....it would have been no surprise that Hitler knew of defense secrets and battle plans which seemed to come from high places.

What information and knowledge Edward may have known - it would have been limited at best - would have been outdated by the time war commenced.
Given how the war panned out I'd suggest Hitler's knowledge was limited.

This caused Churchill to ok a secret mission after the war to go into the American sector to get hold of correspondences which would severely embarrass said family if they ever reached the press.

There's a distinct possibility that there may have been embarrassing correspondence between Edward/Mrs Simpson and elements within the Nazi Party and German aristocracy but Churchill couldn't have ok'd anything at that time, he ceased being Prime Minister in July 1945 whilst we were still at war.

Blunt was never tried because it was thought that if they ever became public could destroy the British monarchy.

Blunt was never prosecuted for several reasons.
It was agreed he wouldn't be prosecuted in return for his full confession.
It was also feared that he had knowledge of more Russian spies in the UK Intelligence Services.
A public prosecution would have damaged even further the public's confidence in UK Intelligence Services.
And lastly, Blunt was very much The Establishment and wherever possible The Establishment sought to protect their own and maintain the status quo - pretty much the same as they do now.

I have no doubt that there was contact between German aristocracy and their British counterparts before, during and after the war, there may even have been some plotting.
But any sort of research into this suggests that the vast majority of those involved in the UK were very much in the minority, weren't particularly in positions of power and influence, were largely considered oddball eccentrics and acted as lone individuals rather than as part as some co-ordinated plot.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw
The thing is there is always royal intrigue,
How right you are.

and always royals who want other states to intervene to make them king, harry and edward have a lot in common with others down through the ages, the title of Harrys book "spare" hints at that the sentiment of the kid who wants to be king but needs a more powerful empire to put him on the throne..

Harry's not a spare and he is exactly where he wants to be. The stories of a royal row were a sham.

Had you noticed Megan and Harry are the right ethnicities to make the people of the American South feel well represented? Celt, and African. They are probably both part Saxon. It's the people who feel a kinship to those who were here before the Civil War that may want royalism.
edit on 4-9-2023 by Solvedit because: clarity

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

When Edward resigned as King because because he wanted to Mary Wallace Simpson, the then British Government breathed a sigh of relief, as he was the main reason that Britain didn't intervene when Hitler invaded the Sudatenland.

Edward abdicated in December 1936.
Germany gained control of Sudetenland in October 1938.

Stop bothering us with facts that don't fit the narrative.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

My dad brought up the abdication, and Wallis some months ago. She reportedly never had sex with her first two husbands. There are a lot of clues that she was born a male. Possibly underdeveloped due to hormone issues.

I think my dad remembered the King stepping down for a double divorcee American. He finds it amusing that Wallis was likely a male.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Where I lived years ago I did work for the then richest family in Europe who were also the biggest landowners in Europe and we're very friendly with the royals going back many years and even up to the Profumo affair.

Guess who had access to all the letters that were ever sent by that family before they were sent to the brittish library for historical archive .

Despite being dislexic I love to read even the side of cornflake packets , and did I read ! Right back to 17 oat cake .

It was all carbon copy mail from their offices but i held in my hand many hand written letters from royalty to this family , one thing that sticks in my mind is a letter about a royal wedding and a sales brochure from Cartier the jewelers asking what they would like as a gift and the prices were in the catalogue , I was blown away as I knew how far £5 would go back then in ww2 and this had been years before , the cheapest item in that catalogue was hundreds of pounds it was a broach and one recently sold for 250k .

Rudolph Hess and his little flight to Scotland is a very very very interesting topic that many overlook in all the goings on at that time .

But IMHO all spies who are talked about with great asteem were nothing but turn coat gay boy traitors who cost thousands of men their lives

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Rudolph Hess probably thought he was going to get a warmer welcome than he actually did. It all smells like a war that went wrong. Hitler telegraphed his intentions long before he actually invaded the Sudatenland, and Britain with a Nazi king, with Hitler being Time magazine's Man of the Year in the States, making it look like he was the man set up for the invasion of Russia. It looks like it was put on hold for a while. A strange state of affairs with a complete U-turn.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   

A lot of people are sure that was a double of Hess that spent time in jail as he has scars that seemed to vanish when a doctor checked him not many years before he died .

The incident with the prince and the flying boat is not as straight forward as they make out in the press , pilot error and magnetic mountains throwing the compass of or a bomb on board and a scandal averted

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw
worth remembering in the 30s everyone including hitler thought any next war would be britain vs the usa

no they didn't.

thanks Freeborn for setting the record straight.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
There are a lot of clues that she was born a male. Possibly underdeveloped due to hormone issues.

Where? Sigh. Wallis Simpson was a woman. To be clear - an adult human female.

The OP, as Freeborn has shown, is so riddled with historical mistakes that this could be satire. Just because someone made a Youtube video does not make it true.

Edward VIII abdicated within a year of ascending the throne. Clearly, he was unsuitable to be King. During WW2, he was shunted off to the Bahamas where it would have been impossible for him to have liaised with Germany, or anyone outside the control he found himself in.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Until Diana injected a little Anglo Saxon and Norman blood, the British Royal family were all German. Edward was decadent and Germany's inter war Weimar Culture would have appealed to him and his American wife. They probably just thought it was all just delicious darling. And I have seen no evidence either in official or hidden history accounts they were anything other than politically naive.

new topics

top topics

join