It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada’s crazy, unneighborly LGBT travel advisory for America

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   
*BUMP*

Bumped due to duplicate thread having been started.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It's not just Canada, it is many other nations as well but mostly related to gun violence, now put anti-LGBTQ hate rising there with gun violence and you get the picture.
edit on q00000013930America/Chicago3737America/Chicago9 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   
sorry I'm late I was directed by the closure of another thread, not sure if anyone has brought this up yet but could this be a weak attempt by Canda to deflect from the actual atrocities that were committed within their borders?

Canadian Indian residential school gravesites

Throughout its history, between 3,200 and 6,000 students died while attending the Canadian Indian residential school system mostly from tuberculosis. The exact number remains unknown due to incomplete records.

In my worst Canadian accent, "We got to save the children, Ay"

Or is this a vague attempt to actually help the southern border crisis....
edit on 06am30900000023 by datguy because: spelling as usual

edit on 06am30900000023 by datguy because: its not really a spelling issue its more a typing to fast issue

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: datguy
sorry i'm late I was directed by the closure of another thread, not usre if anyone has brought this up yet but could this be weak attempt by canda to deflect from the actual atrocities that were committed within their borders?

Canadian Indian residential school gravesites

Throughout its history, between 3,200 and 6,000 students died while attending the Canadian Indian residential school system mostly from tuberculosis. The exact number remains unknown due to incomplete records.

In my worst Canadien accent, "We got to save the children, Ay"

Or is this a vague attempt to actually help the southern border crisis....

The small group that committed these atrocities was the Catholic Church and ok'd by the government. Just a warning about Catholic/Christian ideologies that Americans need to heed.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Jesus did warn us not to follow organized religions

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: datguy

Jesus did warn us not to follow organized religions

Jesus spoke in the synagogues and paid the temple tax so He was part of 'organized religion'. And He founded His own church and even named the head of it Himself (Matthew 16:18-19). So I disagree with you. Start a thread on that in the off topic religion forum since that's not the topic of this thread.

ON TOPIC - you asked why Canada did this? Easy ... some useful idiot far left marxist in Canada decided to issue a travel warning based on ZERO EVIDENCE of LGBTQ people being in danger because of laws recently passed against children being maimed in trans surgeries, or children being mutilated with puberty blocking drugs etc etc. The warning did not name the laws nor the states that were supposedly dangerous, nor how those laws supposedly put LGBTQ travelers in danger. The yutz who issued the warning probably drools and stares at the sun while listening to marxist-globalist
rhetoric on a set of headphones.
edit on 9/6/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

But it would appear religion and votes has everything to do with what is happening in certain states and why people from other nations need to be warned and educated because the temperature has risen by some 'riled up' 'frantic' citizens and when you add that with rising violence of all kinds and guns aplenty, well you get the picture.

Randall Balmer, a Dartmouth professor who was raised evangelical, has spent much of his career researching those kinds of contradictions. His book, “Bad Faith: Race and the Rise of Religious Right” traces the rise of the evangelical voting bloc from nonexistent in the 1960s to the single most important interest group for any Republican candidate in the 1980s. In a conversation with The 19th, Balmer said that rise was driving Republican support for anti-trans legislation now.

“They have an interest in keeping the base riled up about one thing or another, and when one issue fades, as with same-sex relationships and same-sex marriage, they’ve got to find something else,” Balmer said. “It’s almost frantic.”

www.pbs.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   

NOPE. That's you interjecting your own bias. The bottom line is that this 'travel alert' says that there are laws recently enacted that put LGBTQ travelers in danger. It doesn't say what laws. It doesn't say what states. It doesn't say what alleged danger. It's just a pathetic political ploy by some foreign far left indoctrinated idiot who probably stares at the sun and drools while being told what to do.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
Or something as simple as, "Look up the city you are visiting first. Google 'LGBT neighborhoods', If they have one or several 'LGBT neighborhoods', you're probably safe visiting there."

I don't understand this... at all...

Unless you are prancing around screaming your gay/transness to the heavens, how would anyone even know you're either one?

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   
the canadian gov should ban all canadians from terf island as their minds will explode

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join