It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada’s crazy, unneighborly LGBT travel advisory for America

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Canada has issued a travel advisory warning against the United States insinuating LGBTQ people could be unsafe here because of new laws and policies that have supposedly been enacted here. Canada did not say exactly which laws and policies would put LGBTQ people in danger. It did not issue the warning due to any hate crimes ... just supposed 'laws'.

New York Post - Canada’s crazy, unneighborly LGBT travel advisory for America

The official Canadian government travel website has a new warning affixed to its section on the United States.

“Some states have enacted laws and policies that may affect 2SLGBTQI+ persons,” it asserts.

“Check relevant state and local laws.”

No specific law, policy or even state is named; the reader must just take for granted that somewhere, somehow, Uncle Sam is endangering or rolling back the rights of the LGBT community.

Never mind that it’s patently absurd to suggest that there are statutes in the United States rendering it a dangerous — or even uncomfortable — place for LGBT people to live or visit.

A reminder for those who desperately need one: Gay marriage is legal in all 50 states.

Adults are free to do whatever they want with their own bodies.

Oh, and the supposedly right-wing bogeyman of a Supreme Court has declared that sexual orientation and gender identity are protected categories under the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

The United States isn’t a bastion of hate — it’s a worldwide model for tolerance of diverse people and viewpoints.

Maybe a travel advisor should be issued against Canada -

And obviously there are isolated examples of hateful people spewing venom and even committing heinous crimes here in the States.

But those same kinds of examples can be found across the world, including in Canada.

A report compiling police data in the true north, strong and not-so-free, shows there was a 64% increase in hate crimes against Canadians for their sexual orientation in 2021 and a 27% increase in hate crimes overall.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I blame bidenomics

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If you type into Google. " Is it safe to travel to Florida?" This might be what they're talking about. Apparently Florida has been unsafe to travel to for some time? Are there more states that have a travel advisory?

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TamtammyMacx

The advisory specifically states 'laws and policies' that were enacted in different states and it insinuates that it's not safe for LGBTQ people because of these laws and policies. It didn't say what supposed laws and policies that would be that would make travel to them unsafe. That's because there aren't any.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I assume there's long-standing advisories for white people traveling to inner-cities too

oh, nvm. That topic's unmentionable...

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx
If you type into Google. " Is it safe to travel to Florida?" This might be what they're talking about. Apparently Florida has been unsafe to travel to for some time? Are there more states that have a travel advisory?

First it was not safe for minorities and now they are pushing this liberal lghdtv nonsense.

I live in Florida and as a minority foreign born immigrant living in one of the whitest part of florida I can tell you that these warning are complete Horsesh1t and nothing but politics . The issue is Desantis exposed the horssh1t from the democrat states and made them all look like the lying fools they are during covid.

Also Florida is among one of the largest state that is getting all the new escapees from the democrat states.
I also have a gay family member that has lived in New York for decades and loves new york but now is wanting to move down to fl because of the amount of crime and bs in new york during covid and he is a liberal.

edit on 41930America/ChicagoFri, 01 Sep 2023 13:41:22 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Whoever issued this travel alert probably stares at the sun and drools.
A far left useful idiot for the marxist globalists.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Um...
What is the 2S at the front now, and when did that start?

As far as this advisory? I don't see them staying out of Michigan anytime soon.
Canadian license plates EVERYWHERE!
edit on 1-9-2023 by chiefsmom because: I know what the L is.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Um...

That's a thing in Canada. From the article -

The government says 2S, “at the front, recognizes Two-Spirit people as the first 2SLGBTQI+ communities.

I have no idea what 'two-spirit people' are supposed to be.

It's all so ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
"2SLGBTQI+"
That's a long and strange acronym . . .

Common acronyms used within the Government of Canada 2SLGBTQI+

It is the acronym used by the Government of Canada to refer to the Canadian community. 2S: at the front, recognizes Two-Spirit people as the first 2SLGBTQI+ communities; L: Lesbian; G: Gay; B: Bisexual; T: Transgender; Q: Queer; I: Intersex, considers sex characteristics beyond sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression; +: is inclusive of people who identify as part of sexual and gender diverse communities, who use additional terminologies.

LINK

Somehow I don't think this is going to have it all covered, of course, they admit it is an evolving acronym.
edit on Sep492023-09-01T13:49:03-05:0001491pm9st5 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Add a link

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
baby castro is feeling the heat, got to distract and since canadia doesnt really start wars, next best thing out of the leftist play book is scream ist and point.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
LGBTQ Health

“Two-spirit” refers to a person who identifies as having both a masculine and a feminine spirit, and is used by some Indigenous people to describe their sexual, gender and/or spiritual identity. As an umbrella term it may encompass same-sex attraction and a wide variety of gender variance, including people who might be described in Western culture as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transsexual, transgender, gender queer, cross-dressers or who have multiple gender identities. Two-spirit can also include relationships that could be considered poly.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The "2S" or two-spirit thing is in reference to Canada's indigenous population that has recognized throughout their history that people's inner spirit or anima isn't always binary masculine or feminine.

Here is how the LGBTx press reports on this story:

Canada issues travel advisory to LGBTQ+ citizens visiting the U.S.

As the CBC notes, Canada’s travel advisory does not mention any specific laws and does not advise travelers to avoid specific U.S. states. However, a spokesperson for Global Affairs Canada pointed to state laws passed this year banning drag shows, restricting transgender people’s access to gender-affirming care, and banning trans athletes from participating in sports. U.S. critics of such laws have argued that they are a direct attack on trans and nonbinary Americans’ ability to exist in public.

“The information is provided to enable travelers to make their own informed decisions regarding destinations,” the Global Affairs Canada spokesperson said. “Outside Canada, laws and customs related to sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and sex characteristics can be very different from those in Canada.”

At a press conference Tuesday, Canada’s Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland, a former foreign affairs minister, said that the country’s travel advisories are “done very professionally.”

“We have professionals in the government whose job is to look carefully around the world and to monitor whether there are particular dangers to particular groups of Canadians. That’s their job and it’s the right thing to do,” Freeland said.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Depends on where you choose to look for information.

The ACLU states that almost 500 state legislatures are trying to push through anti-LGBTQ laws in individual states.

www.aclu.org...

In terms of ones already passed, here is a list that states that over 100 have been passed in the last 5 years.

fivethirtyeight.com...

I personally don't view the US as a danger to travel to because of this. But different sources suggests differently from your stance.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So because of this ,...

... banning drag shows, restricting transgender people’s access to gender-affirming care, and banning trans athletes from participating in sports....

And none of those things effect LGBTQ travelers or their safety.
The advisory is bogus. Politically motivated.

edit on 9/1/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CanadianLoudMouth

"anti-LGBTQ" ... that's subjective.
And none of those things effect LGBTQ travelers or their safety.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Um...

As far as this advisory? I don't see them staying out of Michigan anytime soon.
Canadian license plates EVERYWHERE!

Oh hell who knows anymore..

I’ve called it the LGBT-HDTV community for a while now.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Who gives a crap what Canada is telling their gay and lesbians to do, we do not need any more in the US we got enough.

Beside the 2000 new genders sprouting like weeds all over the nation.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 02:45 PM
link   

That is the perfect statement of Trudeau! He is so despised here.
edit on 1-9-2023 by Whatchful because: typo

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I have no idea what 'two-spirit people' are supposed to be.

If you're married, you know exactly what that means.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join