It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A scriptural indicator of how to deal with depression... Overcome the world!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Satanwasframed
a reply to: TTU77

I concede nothing. It's literally the same arguments for decades. Watch christopher Hitchens. People like you are mentally challenged

I just gave you solid logical reasons why your assertions are unsound, yet you claim I'm challenged. The challenged one is you refusing to acknowledge common sense. God may have hardened your heart so you cannot see friend, truly,

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You're good for a reward. I'm good for the sake of being good. Feel free to spin that into I love Jesus. I want to suck Jesus off or whatever

In heaven, we will receive rewards, and you should know what happens.

EVERYONE, throws the rewards and crowns at the feet of Christ!! He is the reward.

Truly, the reward is the smile of God unto blissful meditations. I wish everyone would find such bliss.

I digress. A call for back on topic.
edit on 31-8-2023 by TTU77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Your assertions are based on faith and belief. They're not solid. Find facts and get back to me little buddy. Until then your God is in your head

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:54 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Your assertions are based on faith and belief. They're not solid. Find facts and get back to me little buddy. Until then your God is in your head

I tried claimed how facts are worthless compared to faith in one of my other threads, utterly worthless. The fact you cling to such proves your imaginations are vain. Even a child could have more wisdom and faith than you.

I read your other reply. Respect is earned. If you wish to have a respectful conversation then you need give it. I will not tolerate blasphemy to my God or believes, shame on you, may God not hold it against you and have mercy on your soul. PM me your scant replies and spare the general community. I'm ignoring your replies from now.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 07:45 PM
link   

That's because faith is worthless

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition, Text Revision (DSM-5-TR)

The revised version includes a new diagnosis (prolonged grief disorder), clarifying modifications to the criteria sets for more than 70 disorders, addition of International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) symptom codes for suicidal behavior and nonsuicidal self-injury, and updates to descriptive text for most disorders based on extensive review of the literature. In addition, DSM-5-TR includes a comprehensive review of the impact of racism and discrimination on the diagnosis and manifestations of mental disorders. The manual will help clinicians and researchers define and classify mental disorders, which can improve diagnoses, treatment, and research.
www.psychiatry.org...

Other than the changes, they would be the same.
edit on 31-8-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   
A couple more I found when looking for something else....

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Proverbs 17:22

The above is more of a rejoinder to remain cheerful in challenging times, but it speaks to the impact of depression left unresolved, and thus the impetus to seek healing post haste, in order that one's general health doesn't begin to suffer alongside the illness of mind/heart.

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Psalm 147:3

This is simply a beautiful promise by which those who are traumatised by events beyond their control can count on the Lord for healing, and depths of contextual emotional support which serve to explain the sadness & difficulties one has experienced throughout the hard dealings of life.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Satanwasframed

There are over 8000 Protestant denominations presently. They all express the same core beliefs, the Nicene Creed, yet differ in style of worship, presentation, and reliance on the charismatic gifts of the Holy Spirit.

As Death Slayer intimated, you are woefully underprepared for a siege against true Christians. Hint, a true Christian is one who believes in Christ as the highest authority for his or her life, who trusts in Christ to reveal truth & goodness, who works for the good of others, who hopes in the coming of the Lord's kingdom, and various other assorted traits & beliefs. We're a lot of very individual people with varying preferences for how we 'do' church, and varying degrees of skill in terms of how we present as living witnesses of the Gospel - but I assure you of one thing:

Every single one of us is happier in our inmost spirit than any atheist could ever be, simply because they haven't yet tasted of the glory of God, and the presence of His Spirit, the confirmations of His word, etc.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena
Ok, thank you.

Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Who is us?
Are you the new atheist spokesperson for all atheist?

Stand on your own feet and defend your beliefs without "us"...... it appears cowardly.

a reply to: DeathSlayer

How do you want us to recognize what is impossible to measure. Yalllive in some made up fantasy land and we deal in actual fact. Yall are the same as the gender ideologues

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I was an ordained minister and I know all of these predatory tactics you use. Nothing will free you from death. Your comments don't have to be a sermon. This isn't actual knowledge just feelings. You're in love with your God I get it. You want him to pound you and fill you with his light I get it.

The above comments are an abomination, I have no issue in stating that directly. You are clearly an unregenerate apostate whose spiritual life died on the vine because you failed to remain truly connected to the Lord - if you ever were connected to begin with. I suspect you had an intellectual faith, there was no anointing of the Holy Spirit, perhaps you got a motivational speaker type high from preaching or hearing Christian ministry/worship, then became disillusioned because you were lacking in truly regenerate connection to the Lord Himself. Perhaps you were born into a Christian family & just sort of fell into it. Whatever the fact of your alleged ministerial background, your testimony is disgraceful, and proves ultimately the type of amoral degenerate you really are at heart.. Furthermore, the last sentence is blasphemous & sickening, you are quite literally an utter disgrace. ATS would be well rid of you if you quit the site tomorrow, you are a bad influence on people who are actually searching for higher meaning in their lives.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Thanks for standing up resolutely in the face of his nonsense. Bless you!

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

My ex asked her mother-in-law for some help with getting her husband some help with his addiction and anger issues. His mom said she'll pray for him. He's still drinking and abusing my ex. Prayer is worthless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join