It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New NDE Study Concludes That There IS An Afterlife

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   
A new Near Death Experience study concludes that there is an afterlife. The study notes that people around the world and from different back grounds have similar near death experiences. It doesn't say anything about taking D M T into account and it doesn't talk about dying brain hallucinations - both of which are theories on Near Death Experiences. It talks about the experiences themselves all being similar. No talk about 'the void' or 'nothingness' which many people experience

NDE Study Conclusions - Daily Mail

Seeing a bright light or hovering as a spirit over one’s own body have become cultural tropes to describe near-death experiences.

Dr Jeffrey Long - a cancer expert who practices in Kentucky - believes they have become tropes because they are true - after decades of studying thousands of cases.

He has so far collected more than 5,000 accounts in over 30 languages from people of various religions and cultural backgrounds.

He has reportedly assessed thousands of anecdotes, all of which are strikingly similar regardless of the person’s belief system, whether they are Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, or atheist.

Through his decades of research, Dr Long has concluded that about 45 percent of near-death experiences include a sense of being out-of-body, in which people’s consciousness is separated from their physical being.

About three-quarters of those who experience this reported wanting to stay in the afterlife because of the immense love and joy that overtook them. More than half report seeing a ‘heavenly’ realm and around a quarter of them are enveloped in light or mist.

This also means, he added, that nearly 100 percent of those who have a brush with death no longer fear it.

Dr Long said: ‘I tell them that based on my research, I’m very confident that there’s a wonderful afterlife for all of us and that we will be reunited with our deceased loved ones. And that’s profoundly reassuring to them. To me it’s a blessing to be able to share that with them.’

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
Anecdotes are not evidence. This needs to be peer reviewed and replicated. Explain the contradictory NDEs. Hence, Christians having a different NDE than islamists and so on and so forth. This is literally more of the same. Interviews with people that cannot be corroborated or measured. You even leave out how Dr. Long admits he has no actual data to back his claim up. It's all feelings

edit on 30-8-2023 by Satanwasframed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You are overexaggerating the void nde, for every void nde you post I can post 10 that werent.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   

One thing seems certain: we'll ALL know the truth about this at some point.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Satanwasframed
Anecdotes are not evidence. This needs to be peer reviewed and replicated. Explain the contradictory NDEs. Hence, Christians having a different NDE than islamists and so on and so forth. This is literally more of the same. Interviews with people that cannot be corroborated or measured.

He collected more than 5,000 accounts in over 30 languages from Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, and atheist. He said they were all very similar even with the differences. Nothing about Christians having different NDEs than Islamists.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: gvilleuncfan

You are overexaggerating the void nde, for every void nde you post I can post 10 that werent.

I dunno'. Seems to be a thing to take seriously when discussing NDEs. IMHO

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

One thing seems certain: we'll ALL know the truth about this at some point.

Yes that's true. It would be nice to know what is coming.
It's kinda important .. being that its' eternity and all that.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Lol he's clearly biased

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Lol he's clearly biased

Really important for you to shout this down, eh ?

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Lol he's clearly biased

I don't know about that. Did you read the article?
He started out as a skeptic and the study changed his views.

From the article -

Dr Long, a former skeptic, argued that years of researching the similarities among different accounts of people’s brushes with death have upended his own beliefs about a possible afterlife.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   
My heart/breathing has stopped multiple times. I was just angry to be woken up. I didn't see anything. There's a first hand experience for your pseudo science report. The rest was just dreams probably.

That said, I can confirm I no longer fear death. Death was peaceful. No angels, no light. Just weight being gone. I suppose that was my body. Whatever. I suppose I'm a sinner.
edit on 30-8-2023 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: stevieray
Because it's nothing new and dumbs down our society

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yeah I researched him. He was never a skeptic because a skeptic wouldn't accept his "study" as evidence

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Anecdotes are not evidence. This needs to be peer reviewed and replicated. Explain the contradictory NDEs. Hence, Christians having a different NDE than islamists and so on and so forth. This is literally more of the same. Interviews with people that cannot be corroborated or measured. You even leave out how Dr. Long admits he has no actual data to back his claim up. It's all feelings

Keep in mind that the Brain can only interpret something beyond it's capability to understand to the best of it's ability.

Different experiences of Christians and followers of Islam etc. may be simply that each interpret with the most applicable thing that they understand, the actual experience may well be beyond human capability to understand fully or describe.

For example as little experiment, try to describe something that isn't physical and occurs outside of time... not an easy task - one can only relate to the closest thing that exists in their experience.

Not sure why people think that a human being is equipped to understand an NDE in our physical world Newtonian Mechanics Context?

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Lol he's clearly biased

And you're not?

I'm a skeptic myself, but I try to be as objective as I can. In my opinion, NDE's are not a reliable source of evidence for an afterlife. They are too varied and interpretive even with their similarities, but one cannot deny they are transformative. This alone makes them compelling enough for study and research into the possibility of an afterlife.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NickK3

Keep in mind that the Brain can only interpret something beyond it's capability to understand to the best of it's ability.

Different experiences of Christians and followers of Islam etc. may be simply that each interpret with the most applicable thing that they understand, the actual experience may well be beyond human capability to understand fully or describe.

For example as little experiment, try to describe something that isn't physical and occurs outside of time... not an easy task - one can only relate to the closest thing that exists in their experience.

Not sure why people think that a human being is equipped to understand an NDE in our physical world Newtonian Mechanics Context?

The above is true of many aspects of life, not just NDE's, we all see and interpret things through our own filter. I'm still not 100% certain what happens when you die. I do think it likely our consciousness goes on but who knows? Pretty sure we all hope that's the case

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
So why even bother with it? Until we can get more than Anecdotes it is irrelevant. The think that irks me is the OP saying this IS proof of an afterlife. It's nonsensical

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Yeah I researched him. He was never a skeptic because a skeptic wouldn't accept his "study" as evidence

Why not? It's as good as any other study out there. He collected 5,000 pieces of evidence from a wide variety of sources to review and made a conclusion based on the evidence. He says it changed his mind. How does that make him never having been a skeptic. Why would he lie about that?

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   

. The think that irks me is the OP saying this IS proof of an afterlife.

I didn't say it. The article said it. That's the conclusion of this study.
I happen to agree there is probably an afterlife.

edit on 8/30/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   

So you just copy and pasted it without putting any effort forward. Sounds like your average theist to me

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join