It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2023 Smoky Mountains Jeep Invasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Here is another "Car Show" I went to last weekend. I put it in quotes, because I didn't actually go to the show, these are the Jeeps that were cruising the strip in Pigeon Forge. I have never seen so many Jeeps in my life! My very first car was a truck and it happened to be a 1988 Jeep Comanche. That's the car in my "I'm an idiot for selling my first car" story.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: esteay812

I love jeeps, but they are NOT trucks, not even the comanche, that's my story and i'm sticking to it....

I would love to own an older non computerized jeep, they are very hard to come by unless you want to rebuild but good luck finding parts unless you have unlimited funds.

Not a big fan of the tricked out jeeps, they are supposed to me off road, not for show. the only way I would show off my jeeps is when they are covered in dirt

I have only owned one vehicle type other than a jeep my whole life, it was an 88 Pontiac Parisienne

Too bad jeep sold out to dodge, now they are just dodges but hey at least some have hemi's...

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: datguy

Outside of some old wranglers and my comanche, I've never been a Jeep fan. It's cool to see what people do to them, but even then a Jeep is a Jeep. Mostly all the same thing with different colors and lights, maybe jacked up a little.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

this is my kind of jeep show

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

We have something here I've been meaning to go check out again. It's been years since I've been there. I call it Coal Creek, but they named it "Windrock". I think they do some stuff like this.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I just read, that all jeeps have an easter egg?

An animal or insect inside or out?

Like a spider embossed under the gas tank door?

I love jeeps. But I would have to have an automatic, and according to some, that is like sacrilege. LOL

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

the easter eggs are real since the early 90's and it seems like dodge has kept the tradition, just search it on youtube there are lots of videos

lol, i almost didnt buy my current jeep because its an automatic with a sports shifter

edit on 28am311100000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have owned 5 Jeeps, mostly XJs, and it was always a love-hate relationship
All of them I drove for a least 280,000 miles
My last one (a 2001 Grand Limited with a 4.7 V8) lasted just shy of 400,000 miles
Now I admit to doing all of my own maintenance and plenty of it but my Jeeps got me through some horrendous weather and provided more giggles per mile than anything other than my dirt bikes
BTW Jeep aka Willys began building real trucks in about 1947 but the last real Jeep trucks disappeared when Chrysler bought them in 1987 and did not want competition for their Dakota pick-up....I've own both and the Jeep was definitely better
My personal favorite was a box Cherokee that I swapped a quadratrac transfer case into and installed a locking diff....it was a beast and could out rock climb all of my friends CJs and YJs

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You know the only two moments when a Jeep owner feels happy? First when they buy it and then when they finally get rid of it again.

edit on 28.8.2023 by TDDAgain because: omitted a y

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I told myself I was gonna give everyone a star who participated here, but no...no
where is the "subtract star" option

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I haven't had much experience with Jeeps, outside my comanche and a Patriot. I do know this is true about boats and swimming pools though, 😂

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   

😂

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Haha I never owned Jeep, just drove one of the new 2019/2020 models. Quiet the fun with three diffs you can lock separately but I was just driving around my parking lot with none engaged.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I first drove a Jeep in Hawaii on vacation. Fast forward 1 year to today and I now own a Jeep Gladiator. I must admit that they don't look good unless you add the lift and bigger tires, which I did. Then comes the fun part. I have never seen so many customizations that can be done to Jeeps in my life. That's the fun part. I love taking the doors off and the whole top of the truck comes off. Of course it is fun to run through the mud and cross those streams that you would otherwise get stuck in from driving your regular boring cars. This is just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CaliGirl69

Jeeps are pretty awesome when it comes to customization. I mentioned I had a comanche. If I were to get another Jeep, it would be the Gladiator. Need to hit the lottery first though, 😂

top topics

join