It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The USA Must End Drug Prohibition

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

Look, if it's available inexpensively to adults in a store, that eliminates 99.9% of the incentive for an illegal trade to even exist in the first place. This would make it very unlikely for anyone, child or adult, to encounter it by accident in an illicit drug deal.

I don't know what your experience is, but mine has been adulys-18 and older-target kids. They offer fun parties and groom them until they override the parental conditioning that drugs are not a good road to go down, then give them enough 'free trials' to get them hooked.

How much easier their life would be if they didn't have to deal with cartels and could just walk into any drugstore to but their supplies!

Meth has absolutely decimated our community and troubled teens are the victims. How many teens do you know that aren't troubled?

If you can't see any dangers to legalizing it all it's only because you don't want to. Perhaps worried about the consequences of getting caught breaking the law yourself?

It's hard enough raising children as it it without dealers-many of whom just do it to support their own habit- offering them magic potions to make all their problems go away and make the world a beautiful place.

Drugs are for people who can't handle reality. I hope your dream of free-flowing over-the-counter mind bending, health destroying drugs never comes true. We already have enough FDA/CDC approved toxins in our lives.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Legalize all drugs?

So we suddenly have an cheap and endless supply of catalytic converters now?

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie
a reply to: Irishhaf

Sure but the mail man? If he wants to do some coke on the weekend or in the evenings why should that matter, provided he performs his job well enough?

So the mailman delivering mail to the Supreme court justices has a drug addiction, who says he only need a snort now and again, if it gets out of control he becomes a liability.

Lotta people hate justices, or congressional people, guy with a drug addiction gets promised a ticket to a non-extradition country and all the drugs they can do if they just slip this special package in the mail.

This scenario makes sense in a nation where prohibition is the law of the land. In a nation where prohibition has ended, such a scenario makes no sense at all.

So you never knew someone that started drugs, thinking they had a handle on it and suddenly an 8 ball is gone in an hour and they cant figure out what huh.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I think Alcohol is the worse mind altering substance on the planet.

And Anheiser Busch lobbying billions to keep Marijuana illegal speaks volumes.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I wish sometimes that I could get an over the counter anti-biotic. Sometimes infections and/or boils or abbesses get so much worse while waiting the week or two weeks for a doctor's appointment just to get a prescription for exactly what I already know I need. And the doctor's bill doesn't help much either.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 12:44 AM
link   
In my state, Washington State, marijuana use is legal and there are even recreational dispensaries. It has only improved the quality of life of everyone in the state. The prices are rock bottom and people are very happy. I have not heard of any negative effects whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 02:45 AM
link   
This topic is a bit too angering for me. So I’ll just say one thing that the holler than thous mustn’t know.

97% of addicts in rehab programs during a recent survey said that they were beat, raped, or abused chronically growing up.

So yea, let’s teach those SOBs a lesson! Teach them they better suffer for allowing someone else to make a decision for them that they couldnt consent to and that nobody had the right to choose for them!

The fact these addicts can’t have chaste, loved, protected lives like mine makes me SICK!

Is that it!? Am I getting it right? Cuz I read, “give them one chance to clean up the wreckage of a childhood they had and if they relapse once even, nail em to the jail wall,” and I puked a little in my mouth…

Some things wrong with people can’t be fixed with a few days of pills. Addicts aren’t bad people who should get good they are hurt people for whom we have no answers yet…
edit on 8/28/2023 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I have heard dealers even put fentanyl in marijuana, where buyers don't know but since they get more 'high'' they come back for more and so they without knowing getting addicted to fentanyl. So perhaps it's better when you regulate/register drugs users/buyers and let them get it for cheap and you know they got ''good'' drugs, without fentanyl and such in it.

edit on 28-8-2023 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Drugs are for people who can't handle reality. I hope your dream of free-flowing over-the-counter mind bending, health destroying drugs never comes true. We already have enough FDA/CDC approved toxins in our lives.

Well stated .

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

It was only a few years back, the argument you are using, was used against people who some people call gay. It is a bit like one finger pointing outwards yet three are pointing back.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 05:26 AM
link   
In reply to Gothmog.

To many people have built careers on the big bad scary drug thing. For there to be any sensible change, the system would have to change, and that never happens in a hurry. What would society do with all that extra money, now you would have empty prisons, police might have to retask, Lawyers and councilors and all who hang of the teat would have to find new gigs. America would be gutted without the unnecessary drugs and crime rubbish. The apple would have to be kicked at a guess for real change to occur.

edit on 28-8-2023 by marsend because: typo

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: marsend

Well, yes, You can also be denied a high level clearance if you go to church too often. I know someone that had to appeal a denial because he belonged to a fringe church and attended more than once a week. He eventually won but they didn't keep the job open for him while he appealed.

I also know someone that lost their home in the crash of 08 and almost lost their clearance because of the debt.

The reason Jared could not be cleared was too many foreign contacts not in connection with govt work. That's right... just being an international BUSINESS man causes problems getting a clearance.

ANY reason that you might be blackmailed or bribed, even cheating on a spouse, can cause issues getting a clearance.

Clear you don't know much about it.

edit on 8/28/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMindOfMax

Too bad you can make alcohol letting fruit juice spoil. Otherwise, we might be able to eradicate it.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   

This is a baseless argument. How is it Uncle Sams business? Its illegal, thats how.

Basically your thread is, "I want to do something illegal and I don't want to get in trouble for it so it should be legal."

"As long as they aren't harming anyone." That is the biggest problem with this position. No one drinking and driving is harming anyone, right up until the moment they do harm someone. Same thing for any other mind altering substance. "I'm not hurting anyone. I'm not hurting anyone. Oops, I hurt someone, but its not my fault because it shouldn't be illegal."

Making drugs legal only works if you can completely stop the manufacture and sale of illegal drugs. When usage can be monitored to some degree it makes it possible for intervention before something serious or deadly occurs. Not unlike a bartender cutting someone off for being too intoxicated. They aren't doing it to be mean, they are protecting you, the people around you, and protecting themselves from litigation if they serve you one too many and you do something stupid and hurt yourself or someone else.

Personally, I would love to see the cartels put out of business and generate some tax revenue from the sales to shore up weak infrastructure and faltering school systems. But, like all the cash cows that came before it, this revenue stream would be tapped and diverted into someone's pocket rather than its proper destination.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Anyone in America who wants to do drugs is already doing drugs. Prohibition has never stopped anything in America, we just find a way around it.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeirHeart

Anyone in America who wants to do drugs is already doing drugs. Prohibition has never stopped anything in America, we just find a way around it.

That is absolutely the truth right there.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

"The Emperor wore no clothes"? I still have that and the old "Anarchist Cookbook"...both.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   

A hippie here...still in heart...we said "Legalize Weed!"...and I still say: Legalize every damn drug you can think of, and go ahead if you wanna kill yourself.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: quintessentone

"The Emperor wore no clothes"? I still have that and the old "Anarchist Cookbook"...both.

Whaat? No "Ayahuasca in two easy steps: how to manual".

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

two words...
banana acid

I tried the nutmeg too, extremely disappointed...
i still have a copy as well

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join