It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abaddon of the Abyss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   
"And in appearance the locusts resembled horses prepared for battle; on their heads were what seemed to be crowns of gold, and their faces were like human faces, but they had hair like women’s hair. And their teeth were like those of lions, and they had breastplates like iron breastplates. And the sound of their wings was like the sound of horse-drawn chariots rushing into battle. Also, they have tails with stingers like scorpions, and in their tails is their authority to hurt the people for five months. They have over them a king, the angel of the abyss. In Hebrew his name is A·badʹdon, but in Greek he has the name A·polʹlyon."-Revelation 9:7-11.

Revelation, the last book of the Bible was written in signs, or symbols, for God's servants in the time of the end. For a full explanation on how we can be sure that it has fulfillment in the time in which we now live, and the time of the end of this wicked world, in which we now live, please see this thread: Who Are the Real Rulers of the World?.

In this thread on Immortailty we go into a deep discussion on how God's true Christian congregation on earth today is the only one teaching the truth about the condition of the dead, the hope of a resurrection, and who really has immortality.

I state both these things above to help the gentle reader to understand that it is God's anointed servants he has enlightened to understand the prophecies in the Bible. Even this one concerning Abaddon (Hebrew), in Greek Apollyon. Abaddon meaning "Destruction," Apollyon meaning "Destroyer."

The Churches of Christendom as they do not teach the truth concerning the God of the Bible and his son Jesus Christ could NEVER understand this prophecy or that of Revelation 17 and 18 concerning Babylon the Great. As Babylon the Great is the worldwide empire of false religion, with the Churches of Christendom, Catholicism and Protestantism the most reprehensible. Because out of all the thousands of false religions on earth misleading the people by means of her spiritstic practices and committing spiritual prostitution with the kings of the earth by meddling in Satan's political arena and involving themselves with the wars of earth, she claims to represent the God of the Bible, but disowns him by their works.

Abaddon is the angel of the abyss. It is a righteous angel, God's angel. He is the same angel that holds the key to the abyss and throws Satan into the abyss for the 1,000 year-rule of Jesus Christ, the son of God, our Lord and Savior and King of God's kingdom government in heaven over the earth:

"And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven with the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. He seized the dragon, the original serpent, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for 1,000 years. And he hurled him into the abyss and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not mislead the nations anymore until the 1,000 years were ended. After this he must be released for a little while."-Revelation 20:1-3.

Who is this angel who has the key to the abyss and locks Satan away in it for the 1,000 years so he cannot mislead anyone during Jesus kingdom rule over the earth? He is none other than Jesus Christ.

As the Churches of Christendom teach the lie that Jesus Christ is not only the only-begotten son of God, but also God himself, they do not teach that he is the angel that has the key to the abyss. Even though the prophecy in Genesis 3:15 clearly tells us that it is the offspring of the woman that deals the head wound to the serpent, who is Satan the Devil. In this recent thread we see how Genesis 3:15 links in with the covenants God has made throughout the ages with his people and how that brings about the fulfillment of Genesis 3:15 and ultimately concludes with God's bringing humankind back to perfection of life through Jesus Christ and his kingdom rule over the earth, and the death blow, or the bruise to the head, of the serpent, Satan the Devil when Jesus will destroy Satan after he is let lose out of the abyss after the 1,000 year reign of God's kingdom over the earth.

In this thread: Pieces of a Divine Puzzle Come Together - A Timeline Decoded we delve into Biblical prophecy and see how we can determine that Jesus Christ was enthroned as king of God's kingdom in heaven in 1914. Since that time Jesus has been directing his spirit-anointed Christian congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses to declare the good news of God's kingdom in all the inhabited earth as a witness to all the nations and then the end will come.

But this good news is bad news to Satan the Devil and his offspring, those who oppose viciously Jehovah God and his witnesses. The first and foremost of this offspring of Satan is the clergy of Christendom. Revealed as the "worker of lawlessness" also known as the "man of lawlessness." They claim to know God and perform powerful works in his name but Jesus Christ tells them he never knew them. They are dead spiritually. And her adherents are kept in spiritual darkness, their eyes blind and their ears deaf to the truth. Even though they imagine they can see.

The proclamation of kingdom truth sears the ears of God's enemies. It tortures them. Thus Abaddon, or Jesus Christ, as the angel over the abyss has released his anointed Christian witnesses, and their fellow Christian companions who have an earthly hope on the earth with stinging messages of Bible truth exposing the spiritually dead condition Christendom is in:

Listen!:

"And I saw a star that had fallen from heaven to the earth, and the key to the shaft of the abyss was given to him. He opened the shaft of the abyss, and smoke ascended out of the shaft like the smoke of a great furnace, and the sun was darkened, also the air, by the smoke of the shaft. And locusts came out of the smoke onto the earth, and authority was given to them, the same authority that the scorpions of the earth have. They were told not to harm the vegetation of the earth or any green plant or any tree, but only those people who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads.

And it was granted the locusts, not to kill them, but to torment them five months, and their torment was like torment by a scorpion when it strikes a person.  In those days people will seek death but will by no means find it, and they will long to die, but death will flee from them.
"-Revelation 9:1-4.

A fearsome sight in this prophecy indeed. What does it mean? As Jesus is the angel over the abyss and has the key to lock Satan away in the abyss for his 1,000 year rule over the earth, during the time of the end he directs his servants to expose the spiritually dead condition of Christendom. She is in fact possessed by demons and ruled by Satan the Devil.

This expose of the clergy of Christendom, and how they have God's disapproval, and are ruled by teachings of demons tortures them. They cannot stand being exposed by the Biblical truths Jesus Christ imbues his anointed Christian congregation to preach and teach.

edit on 27-8-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The locusts ascending out of the abyss are assembled as horses ready for battle. Their riders have crowns of gold. These are the anointed Christians who have been adopted by holy spirit to rule as kings in heaven. They have human faces, in the fact they are still humans while on earth, and display the God-like quality of Christian love. The hair of women reflect the fact that they are in subjection and serve their Lord and King Jesus Christ with loyalty. And they have teeth of that of a lion. They use their teeth like a lion to eat meat and digest the deep spiritual truths God revels by means of his holy spirit operating on them. And with lion-like courage they spread God's judgement messages against the world. In this plague particularly they are sent to torture Christendom, those false relgionists who profess to serve God but are wholly exposed as dead spiritually. They are granted to torture the people of Christendom, especially her clergy, that wicked spawn of Satan the Devil for 5 months with the stinging tails like a scorpion. 5 months is the lifetime of a locust. So for the entity of their earthly lives these anointed servants of Jehovah boldly witness to the earth exposing the lies of false Christianity. The lie of the Hellfire doctrine, they cruelly and slanderously teach against God's good name Jehovah. He does not burn people perpetually. What disgusting utter filth and hateful lies they spew against the loving and good God Jehovah. The lie of the Trinity. The lie that Jesus is God. The lie that the soul is immortal. The lie that God approves of a clergy-laity class distinction. The lie that God allows his Christian congregation to meddle in politics and wars of Satan's system of things.

To all people who fear God and love truth these are proclamations of salvation and good news. But to Satan's spawn of evil it is a stinging plague exposing their treacherously evil, and dead condition before the world and God.

Truly, Jesus Christ is the angel of the abyss. And his witnesses have been given the authority to ride forth throughout the entire inhabited earth to help sanctify Jehovah's Most holy and Sovereign name in all the earth. And with that authority and kingdom preaching, comes a judgement message, a stinging message of torture against Christendom who is about to be destroyed because of the judgement that has been made against her by the God of the Bible whom she lyingly claims to represent on earth:

"And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. Repay her in the way she treated others, yes, pay her back double for the things she has done; in the cup she has mixed, mix a double portion for her. To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For she keeps saying in her heart: ‘I sit as queen, and I am not a widow, and I will never see mourning.’ That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong."-Revelation 18:4-8.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You preach a false gospel and a false Jesus. Charles Taize Russell was a false prophet.
You are anathema.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucius Driftwood
You preach a false gospel and a false Jesus. Charles Taize Russell was a false prophet.
You are anathema.

That's like looking up at the sun in a midday cloudless sky and saying: "There is no sun in the sky."

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

The topic of Charles T. Russel can’t be denied, RU.

He was the founder of the JW religion. As well as a known high level Freemason. His gravestone was a pyramid with the all seeing eye, on Masonic Temple grounds (which was strategically removed a couple decades ago).

Have you heard of the book ‘The Divine Plan of All Ages’? Written by CTR himself.

In the book, CTR describes how he came up with the 1914 date, from measurements of the Great Pyramid of Giza.

Here you go, from the founder of the JW’s himself and notice the pyramid on the cover:

www.amazon.com...

After CTR, the JW’s got ‘Judge’ Rutherford (a self proclaimed title) as their leader. A con artist that extorted millions out of the religion - and even had a plethora of ‘concubines’.

You really should investigate the histories of your religion. I did 22 years ago after being in for 21. There was no way I could maintain being a JW after learning the truth.

I think you’re a very genuine person. Please don’t take this as an attack. Have fun with the rabbit hole of truths! 🍻

edit on 27-8-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Dear KKLOCO, I appreciate your comment, and understand your concern. I will share something with you I don’t share with many. Back in my late teens and early 20’s I scoured the Watchtower literature. Our local Kingdom Hall had one of the most complete libraries outside of Bethel. And my parents had a personal library of hundreds of books. So at home and at the Hall I read. As I had the keys I often went after work and took down the original Watchtowers, starting with the very first volumen from 1879 and just read. I read through all of the volumes of the Watchtower at the Kingdom Hall between 1879 and 1940. My grandma had them between 1940 and 1960 that I read. I didn’t read through most of the 70’s. But I did read through the 80’s and 90’s.

I had a complete set of the Divine Plan of the Ages that I read through, along with most of the bound books published by the Watchtower Society. I am not saying I have read everything. But I have read a majority of the publications they have ever printed. And I can tell you without a doubt that Charles Taze Russell was not a Freemason. I remember reading him from time to time writing about Freemasonry. In fact I remember an illustration in one of the Watchtowers, I think it was around 1902 or 1903 that had Freemasonry lumped in with the rest of Satan’s wicked system of things. Russell did not mention them that much but the few mentions he did make about them was that he basically didn’t know much about them or what they were about, but that God would not use a Secret Society to spread his kingdom message. And that they were at opposition to the Bible in certain teachings. (You cannot be a Freemason unless you confess belief in the Immortality of the soul. See my link above to my thread about the teaching of immortality, there I mention secret societies and mystery religions).

Freemasons themselves will tell you that the claim Charles Taze Russell was a Freemason is a lie.

In any event if you compare what the Bible teaches with what Jehovah’s Witnesses practice you can tell they have the real truth. Many people spread lies about John the Baptist and Jesus Christ. They said John the Baptist was demon-possessed because he didn’t drink wine. But they called Jesus Christ demon-possessed because he did drink wine. Jesus simply stated, “wisdom is proved righteous by its fruits.” He said, “If you don’t believe me. Believe the works I perform.”

As for Judge Rutherford, he did not take the title to himself. He was indeed a lawyer and a judge. You may find it good to read through this book. Here is a quote:

After completing his academy education, Rutherford spent two years under the tutelage of Judge E. L. Edwards. By the time he was 20, he became the official court reporter for the courts of the Fourteenth Judicial Circuit in Missouri. On May 5, 1892, his license to practice law in Missouri was granted. Rutherford later served for four years as public prosecutor for Boonville, Missouri. Still later, he served on occasion as a special judge in the Eighth Judicial Circuit Court of Missouri. That is why he came to be known as “Judge” Rutherford.

Source

Here is a link to the History of the organization. It is an extremely long book. But well worth the read:

Link
edit on 27-8-2023 by randomuser because: Add link.

edit on 27-8-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I’m sorry you’re wrong.

The symbolism is everywhere.

www.reddit.com...

Joseph Smith the founder of the Mormons sprung up at the same time. Another know Freemason.

Organized divide and conquer has been the theme since the dawn of time.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

No, I am correct on this.

"Yet over the years critics of Russell and Jehovah's Witnesses have continued to use Ross's fallacious statement plus a number of other charges, two of which should be regarded as utter nonsense. The first is that Russell was into occult practices, and the second is that he was a Freemason.127 The first claim is based almost entirely on his use of certain symbols such as the winged disk that appeared on copies of Studies in the Scriptures and the cross and crown motif that appeared in Watch Tower literature and was often worn by Bible Students as religious ornaments. But instead of being drawn from Egyptian paganism as has been asserted by Russell's adversaries, the winged disks simply represented "the sun of righteousness" that would "arise with healing in his wings" according to Malachi 4: 2. As for the cross and crown motif, it was simply a common one in the nineteenth and earlier centuries that was used by many Christian groups. Equally specious is the claim that Russell was a Freemason. That is easy to see from comments in which he advised Bible Students against becoming Masons 128 and by his lack of knowledge of the work and rituals of Freemasonry."

Apocalypse Delayed: The Story of Jehovah's Witnesses

This is actually one of the references I remember reading in the Watchtower to Freemasonry, I wasn't going to try and even paraphrase it it was so long ago I read it. But I found it:

We note also the Order of Free Masons, if judged by its past history, has some secret object or scheme, more than fraternity and financial aid in time of sickness or death. And, so far as we can judge, there is a certain amount of profane worship or mummery connected with the rites of this order and some others, which members do not comprehend, but which, in many cases, serves to satisfy the cravings of the natural mind for worship, and thus hinders it from seeking the worship of God in spirit and truth - through Christ, the only appointed Mediator and Grand Master

The Freemasons themselves say this about Russell:

"The Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania, The Grand Lodge of Ireland, and the United Grand Lodge of England have no record of his membership... [Charles Taze Russell was a] Non-Mason."

"There is no credible evidence whatsoever that Charles Taze Russell, the founder of the Jehovah's Witness faith, was a Mason... In the final analysis, those attempting to condemn Russell based on supposed Masonic membership fail to produce any evidence of his membership (the name of his lodge or the names of lodges he ostensibly visited, for example) ... Russell is not mentioned in any Masonic reference works, a unique situation indeed if he were a Mason, if only because of his notoriety."

And while there is abudant proof that Joseph Smith and other's like William Miller was a Freemason. There is 0 evidence that Russell was.

You have unfortunately been bamboozled by Satan on this. Obviously it is an apparent weakness of yours.

It does bring to mind a scripture. Referring to apostates that spread pernicious lies about God's people in the last days, so that they may not receive the inheritance of everlasting life the apostle Peter foretold:

"They make high-sounding statements that are empty. By appealing to the desires of the flesh and with acts of brazen conduct, they entice people who have just escaped from those who live in error.  While they are promising them freedom, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for if anyone is overcome by someone, he is his slave."-2 Peter 2:18-19.

You were enticed by these wicked imposters to return to Satan's world, even though you had escaped from those who lived in error. What a tragedy. But it is not too late! I am willing to help you if you so desire. PM me, we can even chat on Skype or something. I also do not doubt your sincerity. Perhaps my faith can help you regain yours.

"Pay constant attention to yourself and to your teaching. Persevere in these things, for by doing this you will save both yourself and those who listen to you."-1 Timothy 4:16.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 05:04 AM
link   

No, you are incorrect in this.
Charles Taze Russell's membership in a Masonic lodge is documented in the membership records of Allegheny, Pennsylvania, where he lived in the late 19th century. These records indicate his membership in a Masonic lodge.
In some of his writings and public statements, Russell acknowledged his involvement with Freemasonry. For example, he mentioned his Masonic membership in the book "The Watch Tower Reprints" (1893), which was published by his organization at the time.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Matthew 24: 4-5. Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many."
Galatians 1: 6-9. "I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel, which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!"

Fallen is πεπτωκότα [peptōkota], a perfect tense participle, having previously fallen and now being in a fallen state. John did not see the actual fall. At the time John saw the star, it had already fallen.Since the star had previously fallen, some suggest from the immediate context that it refers to the star of the third trumpet which fell from heaven and is called Wormwood.

From my perspective (and exhaustive study of end time prophecy) I believe Abdon to be an angel working for YHWH, perhaps and maybe even Ye'shua himself although I cannot back that up with scripture or verse
YHWH would not give the keys to the abyss (that Ye'shua secured) to Satan, Azazel or any other of the demonic minions and what interest would Satan have in torturing non-christians?
The JW material has long been debunked and found to be a heretical doctrine

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Matthew 24: 4-5. Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many."
Galatians 1: 6-9. "I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel, which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!"

Fallen is πεπτωκότα [peptōkota], a perfect tense participle, having previously fallen and now being in a fallen state. John did not see the actual fall. At the time John saw the star, it had already fallen.Since the star had previously fallen, some suggest from the immediate context that it refers to the star of the third trumpet which fell from heaven and is called Wormwood.

From my perspective (and exhaustive study of end time prophecy) I believe Abdon to be an angel working for YHWH, perhaps and maybe even Ye'shua himself although I cannot back that up with scripture or verse
YHWH would not give the keys to the abyss (that Ye'shua secured) to Satan, Azazel or any other of the demonic minions and what interest would Satan have in torturing non-christians?
The JW material has long been debunked and found to be a heretical doctrine

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Are you allowed to read the bible by yourself?
Can you study the bible and draw conclusions by yourself?

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucius Driftwood
Are you allowed to read the bible by yourself?
Can you study the bible and draw conclusions by yourself?

Back when the world headquarters was in Brooklyn, New York, right next to the Brooklyn Bridge in big bold letters were the words: "Read God's Word the Holy Bible Daily."

I've read the Bible over the years probably a couple dozen times, stopped keeping track after awhile. Most of them by myself. And I always do so under heartfelt prayer, before reading and after reading. That is how we draw close to God, and have him answer us as we read his word and guides us with his holy spirit.

All Christians are encouraged to read the Bible daily, personally, with prayer and meditation. It is an imperative part of the Christian armor.

When people start to study the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses all the information is from the Bible, and everyone is encouraged right from the start to read their own Bible and verify what is being taught is really in the Bible. You may not know this but Jehovah's Witnesses have printed and distributed over the years dozens of different Bible translations.

Many, many, many people after studying the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses have stated they've learned more about God and what is really in the Bible in a few weeks or months than they had going to Church their entire life. And usually a 10-year-old Witness child will have more Bible knowledge than most adult churchgoers.

I see so much prejudice and misinformation about Jehovah's Witnesses. If you would simply open your eyes and take a look you would see that what people speak against them is all lies. Just look up in this thread. You have lies about how Russell was a Freemason, and Rutherford wasn't really a judge. A few other lies I read recently from members on this website: Jehovah's Witnesses have their own Bible. Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in Jesus. Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult.

And that is just a few. All it really takes is a few clicks of a mouse, or taps on your screen to find out the truth.

There is a reason they have to use lies. Because they can't use the truth against Jehovah's Witnesses. Because they have the truth.

See for yourself. Break down the prejudice that has been built up over the years. Open your eyes. Everything I myself write about in my threads is all from the Bible. And never have I had anyone deny it or even try to contradict it. 100% of the time it is name-calling, and lies. You have to ask yourself why?

Notice this is the 5th lesson that a person studies. And the first three all build up the person's trust and confidence that the Bible really is God's word before they eve progress further. Peruse through the entire book if you wish. Find anything that is out of line or out of harmony with scripture, or is not backed up with what the Bible says. This is quite an extraordinary book as well. It is not the product of one or a few people. It literally took hundreds of people hundreds of thousands of hours to put together from all around the world. All the web coding, the illustrations, the videos, it is really an incredible piece of work:

The Bible is God's Message to Us

Get Started Reading the Bible

Track Your Bible Reading

You can also open up the store on your portable device and look for the JW Library. There you can download an app where you have access to various translations of the Bible for free to read by yourself.

edit on 28-8-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I am so ready for our Lord to take back the world from
the wicked. Those who are at war with him and hate all
his creation including mankind. But HIS will be done on
Earth as itis in Heaven. I appreciate the thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saloon

I am so ready for our Lord to take back the world from
the wicked. Those who are at war with him and hate all
his creation including mankind. But HIS will be done on
Earth as itis in Heaven. I appreciate the thread.

Thank you Saloon for your kind comment. Isn't that what the very last verses of the entire Bible proclaim?

"“The one who bears witness of these things says, ‘Yes, I am coming quickly.’”
“Amen! Come, Lord Jesus.”

May the undeserved kindness of the Lord Jesus be with the holy ones.

-Revelation 22:20-21.

I was just watching a music video that shares what it will be like when your sentiments are fulfilled and the Lord returns and does God's will on earth! I hope you like it:

Peace at Last!

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I think our Father in Heaven is simply waiting for us to reach
a point where he can continue his initial plan for us. The
reason he created us as being interrupted and deferred.

Secular thinking gives no purpose for mans existence because
it excludes the only one who gave us a purpose. How could
we know why were here without knowing the only one who
knows?

It's so obvious how lost we truly are without his guidance.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
... will be seeing some of you in that molecular-cloud of Raptured elements that has been the 'saved' destiny all along... transitioning the base elements into an organic / sentient Galaxy... hmmmm sleep-dream

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Just a short but interesting take on the half truth answers so far.
www.youtube.com...
Title: 3 QUESTIONS TO ASK A JEHOVAHS WITNESS AT THE DOOR.

top topics

join