It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loch Ness Monster Hunt Begins Today - Biggest since 1972

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Monster hunters have descended on Loch Ness for the holiday weekend in what is billed as the biggest survey of the Loch since 1972 , new equipment will be used and amateur monster hunters are invited to join the search.

Drones equipped with thermal imagining cameras will be deployed in an attempt to spot anomalies in the waters and a hydrophone will be used to listen for signs of the Monster with volunteers asked to keep a vigil for any mysterious breaks in the water , for Monster hunters who can't get to the Loch you can join the hunt Here using the Find Nessie website livestream cameras.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I expect lots of Loch Ness Monsters will be seen - that number of people are sure to see plenty of birds, otters, waves, branches etc in the distance that they can't, themselves, immediately identify.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Fingers crossed mate and don't think there's a psy-op involved with this one.

Thought there was a truly entertaining discussion here with 'Nessie' expert Roland Watson.

Loch Ness Monster Researcher Roland Watson talks with Paul Sinclair Roland has been researching the Loch ness Monster for many years and has written books on the subject. His blog post is regularly updated and is a fascinating read.
lochnessmystery.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   
They have taken DNA samples of the lake back in 2019 to examine it.

www.otago.ac.nz...#:~:text=DNA%20from%20each%20sample%20was,and%20everything%20else%20in%20between.

University of Otago geneticist, Professor Neil Gemmell can today announce the results of investigations into the environmental DNA present in the British Isles largest and second deepest body of fresh water, Loch Ness.

The results come after 250 samples of water were taken around, through the centre, and into the very depths of Loch Ness. DNA from each sample was captured, extracted and sequenced then compared against global DNA databases to reveal a comprehensive picture of life present in the Loch – examining the bacteria, the fish, and everything else in between.

“There is a very significant amount of eel DNA. Eels are very plentiful in Loch Ness, with eel DNA found at pretty much every location sampled – there are a lot of them.

I think the horse is dead and now they are trying to revive it to sell more cookies.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Good luck to them and not too bad a day for it.

I don't see them finding much all the same monster-wise.

But I'm sure there will be plenty of goodwill, crack, and banter, in spades.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Would be cool if they found something strange.

But I'm not going to hold my breath.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

For comparison, Loch Ness contains more water than all English and Welsh lakes put together.

And it's also the second deepest lake in the UK.

Searching the place in any sort of realistic manner is no mean feat really.

Like i said through good luck to them and I'm sure they will have fun in the process.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Bunch of nutters. Hope they take all their litter home.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well they milked Oak Island and SkinWalker Ranch, Loch Ness was inevitable.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Very cool, and I wish them luck.

I have always been sceptical of Nessie, but would love to see some new indications. My primary concern is how sustainable the lakes ecosystem is for any large creature.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Itherael

My primary concern is how sustainable the lakes ecosystem is for any large creature.

According to this Loch Ness is linked to 2 other Lochs and rivers so that could aid replenishment of food stocks in Loch Ness.

The famous Loch sits between an interlinked series of Scottish waters. At the southern end of the Loch, it is connected to both the River Oich and a section of the Caledonian Canal, which then leads onto Loch Och. At the northern end, there is the Bona Narrows which opens out into Loch Dochfour, which feeds the River Ness and a further section of canal to Inverness, ultimately leading to the North Sea via the Moray Firth.
www.highlandtitles.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think this is great fun. Good luck to all the hunters!!

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   
While I find this new attempt to find Nessy and can not wait to see the documentaries, I feel they will find nothing.

I am watching right now in the History channel one of the latest episodes of the Search for aliens with Giorgio A. Tsoukalos and very interestingly it was about loch Ness and, Lake Champlain champ similar monsters, both lakes have something in common and is the amount of quartz in the waters, physicist believe that it could be a window in time been open in the ancient lakes once in a while that will bring the monsters to our time, but while people are able to see them they are not actually there.

The theory is very interesting.

BTW the Lake Champlain monster picture taken years ago was certified 100% authentic.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear

I can hear the announcer now "The secret of...................Loch Ness." Hard to milk much more than one season out of the subject so they'll have to reboot MonsterQuest.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Oak Island treasure was found a while back, like you say is nothing but show right now, eventually it will end soon, but the Skinwalker ranch is very on going and every season they find new interesting things, I still very interested on the show.

If they just dig the darn messa.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Giant eel(s) in there, like really really big.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I love Nessie!
Following with interest and I hope there is enough reports to keep this thread going for a while.
Thank you.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear

Whatever may have been at Oak Island has long since been obliterated. I'm not an archaeologist and even I know that's not how you do archeology!

Anyway hope Loch Ness doesn't suffer the same fate. And yes as paraphi said hope the experts and thrill seekers don't leave a mess behind.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Theres nothing in Loch Ness .. hardly any fish ... so what would a large um monster be eating?
Load of rubbish.
/

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

Theres nothing in Loch Ness .. hardly any fish ... so what would a large um monster be eating?
Load of rubbish.
/

Not true, there's all kinds of trout and some salmon there, and there are paid fishing charter boats there to go catch them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join