It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fulton County prosecutor proposes new Oct. 23 date for Trump trial

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Link

The original proposal was for a March 2024 trial, but after one of Trump's co-defendants, Kenneth Chesebro, requested a speedy trial, the new proposal moves the trial five months ahead. That does not mean it will be approved, but as a case encompassing RICO charges the prosecutors will try everyone at once, as organized crime, not as independent crimes.

Some co-defendants will now most likely attempt to separate themselves from being tried as a group, saying they will need more time to prepare, so the judge will have to decide just how fast everything can move along while giving a speedy trial. Trump's lawyers have already filed for a separate trial.

Willis previously proposed that the trial should start on March 4, 2024. But in response to defendant Kenneth Chesebro's request for a speedy trial, Willis called for proceedings to begin for all defendants on Oct. 23 of this year instead.

Less than two hours later, Trump's newly appointed attorney filed a response informing the court that Trump opposes the Oct. 23 date, and said he would seek to sever the former president's case from that of Chesebro or any other defendant who asks for the trial to be expedited.

Willis' proposed timeline is aggressive and sure to elicit pushback from more defendants given the complexity of the case and the mountains of evidence that defense teams are entitled to review before any trial begins. In each of the three other cases in which Trump faces charges, his attorneys have asked for trials to be delayed beyond the presidential election next November.

Who knows what the presiding judge will do, but it is now far more likely the trial date moves up a bit, even if it's only a couple of weeks earlier, as opposed to being pushed into 2025, as Trump's lawyers are requesting. Or they may just agree on the March trial date and keep it in the middle. October of this year is just insanely early, there is so much evidence to go through, it's just not reasonable in a case of this magnitude to only give a handful of months to prepare.

I don't expect the judge to approve this early date, but all we can do is wait and see. It would really be better for everyone to have a speedy trial and prove their innocence as quick as they can, but that takes preparation. Chesebro thinks he and his team can do it quickly... do others?

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   
They have to try and rush it , as Trump is too popular with the people in Georgia.
Even though Biden won Georgia ,I have yet to find one person that will state they voted for him .
But , I will not go anywhere near Fulton County .
There is a reason for that .

And , as an afterthought , I wonder if my name showed up on a ballot....
I didn't vote that year , as I was in the hospital .

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   

ATTENTION...please read before posting....

BE AWARE

HERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

hey bra how bout a heads up when you link a pdf.
some of us don't like downloading something unexpectedly.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
They have to try and rush it , as Trump is too popular with the people in Georgia.

No, they have to try and rush it because Georgia has a "speedy trial" law in which a defendant can demand a trial no later than the next court term which--in this case--is October. The demand is binding according to the law--neither the court nor the DA has any choice in the matter. Kenneth Chesebro exercised his right to demand that, so now the court has to deal with it.

law.justia.com...
edit on 24-8-2023 by 1947boomer because: ETA

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

This will probably be my only comment on this topic, but who knows.

Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! was more realistic and authentic than the indictments on Trump. October, January, next weekend, this is what happens when you eat lead paint chips.

It's a kangaroo court without any actual kangaroos which is a bummer because I like kangaroos.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

No, they have to try and rush it because Georgia has a "speedy trial" law in which a defendant can demand a trial no later than the next court term which--in this case--is October. The demand is binding according to the law--neither the court nor the DA has any choice in the matter. Kenneth Chesebro exercised his right to demand that, so now the court has to deal with it.

law.justia.com...

Do you live in Georgia ?
Or even the US in general ?
(The above is irrelevant , as it was posted as a generalized lead in .)
This will go on for a long time (till the election in 2024) as a desperate attempt by Progressive Liberals to derail the good people of the US and their vote .
Fourth Reich coming to a location near you .
There is evidence that the entire prosecution violated Georgia law .

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The judge has approved the October 23rd trial date. For now, it is only applicable to Chesebro, but that could change.

A Georgia state judge has scheduled an Oct. 23 racketeering trial for Kenneth Chesebro, one of 18 codefendants charged by local prosecutors alongside Donald Trump in a plot to subvert the 2020 election.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis asked the judge, Scott McAfee, Thursday to schedule the trial for all 19 defendants on that date, an unexpectedly rapid timeline that Willis proposed in response to Chesebro’s formal demand for a speedy trial. But McAfee indicated that “at this time” he would only expedite the trial date for Chesebro.

[url=https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/24/fulton-county-prosecutors-ask-judge-to-set-oct-23-trial-on-trump-racketeering-charges-00112816]link[/url ]

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: Klassified

hey bra how bout a heads up when you link a pdf.
some of us don't like downloading something unexpectedly.

Fair enough, but you do realize that every link you click downloads "something" to your computer, right?

And I do not wear a bra!

edit on 8/24/2023 by Klassified because: add

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Trump must be pissed at Chesebro right now. You know if his trial goes poorly there's going to be a scramble among the other defendants to make plea deals.

If Chesebro's convicted, it will also remove a lot of wind from the political efforts to interfere with Willis' case and have her removed from office.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 06:43 PM
link   

And , as an afterthought , I wonder if my name showed up on a ballot....
I didn't vote that year , as I was in the hospital .

You answered your own question. No, it didnt.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Good! The sooner the better. Donald Trump wants show the world how crazy, corrupt and unbalanced liberal Democrats are.

Look at the DETERMINATION displayed in this mugshot taken a few hours ago!!

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

As I told you in another thread, Trump has filed a motion to sever himself from Chesebro and has indicated he will file a severance motion for any defendant the pushes for a speedy trial.

If Trump has such a slam dunk case in all of his cases, not to mention evidence that will reinstate him as President, why does he keep trying to delay his cases for years?

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

Are they being tried together or separately? Seems like a different set of jurors might come to 19 different conclusions on the RICO and then where is the case for the others?

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Every election from now on that people contest will have those that contest the election be arrested. Go Democracy! Man, no offense, but this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in my life. It is really really dumb.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: greendust
Every election from now on that people contest will have those that contest the election be arrested. Go Democracy! Man, no offense, but this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in my life. It is really really dumb.

Either extremely short sighted and stupid.

Or.

There is a specific end game in mind to where none of this matters.

I find it hard to believe that even a room full of politicians can't see how detrimental this would be in the future and the Constitutional crisis placed upon the people.

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: greendust

Some who complain will be (D)ifferent.

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 09:40 PM
link   

" Fulton County prosecutor proposes new Oct. 23 date for Trump trial "

It Will Never take place . Numerous Federal Judges have Now come Out stating that the Fulton County Charges Against Mr. Trump are Ruled Unlawful because as President at the Time of said Incidences President Trump was Protected Under Presidential Immunity from Prosecution .

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
a reply to: carewemust

As I told you in another thread, Trump has filed a motion to sever himself from Chesebro and has indicated he will file a severance motion for any defendant the pushes for a speedy trial.

If Trump has such a slam dunk case in all of his cases, not to mention evidence that will reinstate him as President, why does he keep trying to delay his cases for years?

Sorry, unless I ask a question, I rarely see responses to my posts. Especially in fast moving threads. What you're saying makes sense. Do you yet know the answer to your question?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join