It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun and Interesting (T&C Friendly) Daily Facts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Penguins used to be 6 feet tall.

Whether a terrifying or adorable fun fact: bones found at Seymour Island showed that penguins stood at 6 feet tall and weighed 250 pounds 40 million years ago.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Gross:

Of the total 2,368 species of bacteria identified in 60 belly buttons swabbed in an experiment by researchers, 1,458 species may be "new to science." One person's belly button had bacterium that has only been found in soil in Japan, but the person had never been to Japan.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Excuse me, what?

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Gross:

Of the total 2,368 species of bacteria identified in 60 belly buttons swabbed in an experiment by researchers, 1,458 species may be "new to science." One person's belly button had bacterium that has only been found in soil in Japan, but the person had never been to Japan.

I saw this the other day - sort of along the lines of your post.

I've been avoiding those dryers ever since!

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Mitsubishi launched it's 'Pajero' four wheel drive without realizing that 'Pajero' is Spanish for 'Wanker'.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12
Way back in the day, I worked in the Marketing and Promotions team for Mitsubishi UK. A chap called Michael Orr was the CEO. He knew that Pajero meant w****r in Spanish and refused point blank to name it that here, given so many Brits holiday in Spain and would most likely be familiar with what Pajero meant.
At the time Shogun was a very popular TV series and book here in the UK. The UK holding 51% of the shares here, went with Shogun..... and it worked! Every time I see an old imported Pajero.... I have a quiet giggle to myself.
Rainbows
Jane.
PS.... love this thread!

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
Mitsubishi launched it's 'Pajero' four wheel drive without realizing that 'Pajero' is Spanish for 'Wanker'.

Wow - Chevy made the same mistake in the 70's when they brought out the Nova. "No va" in Spanish means "does not go"

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Awesome stuff.

This one probably isn't true anymore lol.

More Monopoly money is printed in a year than real money throughout the world.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   
• The creature with the largest brain in relation to it's body is the ant.

Bonus pic lol

Nikon photo competition shows us what an ant's face looks like up close, and it's straight out of a horror movie

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's impossible to belch in space. The lack of gravity in space prevents air in your stomach from separating and rising up from food you've eaten.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

And as consequence, you fart more in space due to the air being trapped at the bottom end of your digestive system.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The male giraffe will continuously headbutt the female in the bladder until she urinates. The male then tastes the pee and that helps it determine whether the female is ovulating. If she is, it's business time.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ozzy Osbourne has a species of frog named after him

A new species of frog was discovered in 2014 in the Amazon that made bat-like sounds. Due to the Prince of Darkness's ... interesting ... history with bats, it was named Dendropsophus ozzyi.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Seen it a half dozen times and never noticed -

In the film, "National Treasure" the good guy team of history sleuths led by Nicholas Cage use Google to research the clues they uncover while the bad guy team uses Yahoo.

edit on 9 22 2023 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Jimi Hendrix played left-handed using a right handed guitar upside-down and backwards

True and false
Jimi did play a right-handed guitar upside down, but he reversed the strings so it would play like a normal lefty.

The King of the Surf Guitar, Dick Dale actually DID play upside-down. He was self-taught on an old beat-up guitar as a teen, not realizing he had it backward. As he rose to prominence in the So Cal Surf music scene, Leo Fender built him his custom made left-handed Stratocaster which came to be known as The Beast. Since he couldn't play a "correct" string arrangement he promptly re-strung it with the heavy strings on the bottom which made it essentially a right-handed guitar. I don't know of anyone who can play a guitar like that, and it still amazes me to this day how he did it!

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Neither Kangaroos, or Emus, can walk backwards.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Classic post.

Apparently '9 out of every 10 living things live in the ocean'.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Every time you shuffle a deck of cards you are almost certain to have created an order never before seen in the history of the world.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
Every time you shuffle a deck of cards you are almost certain to have created an order never before seen in the history of the world.

And, if you were to shuffle the cards enough times, you would, theoretically, get the cards into the exact order as when you started.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join