It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he will skip GOP presidential primary debates

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It's funny how Putin waited until Biden was in the White House to go into Ukraine. That's only because Putin knows, as does the rest of the world, that Biden is weak. He also knew that Trump was a wild card, being that he wasn't a politician, and had no idea what would happen if he made that same move while Trump was President. Realistically, I see Ukraine as none of our business. The United States should be staying out of it. But 10% for the big guy.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

What is Bidens?

It's easy to find. Google is your friend. Look it up, any facet of Biden's policy is, and always has been, readily available.

When Trump ran in 2016, he had no policy and the RNC had no platform. Nothing has changed. The RNC still has no platform and Trump still has no policy.

The big problem which everyone already knows who is starving, out of business, and bankrupt, (plus everyone else), is that his (Biden's) stated policies NEVER reflect what actually happens. It's always the opposite.

Denying that Trump had/has no policy only means that you have your fingers in your ears, and blinders on your eyes.

edit on 20-8-2023 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Nobody has said there won't be a general debate and a VP debate.

Both Trump and Biden have said no primary debate. This is the way it's traditionally done with the incumbent party. Trump is so far ahead in the polls in the GOP there is NO UPSIDE to him debating. I agree with his strategy.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 11:32 PM
link   

So you obvioulsly prefer to sip from the demented old treasonous crooks goblet?

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Denying that Trump had/has no policy only means that you have your fingers in your ears, and blinders on your eyes.

Prove me wrong. List some of Trump's stated policies.

The claim was, everyone already knows Trump's policies. I don't think that's true, and I don't think the public is aware of what policies Trump has suggested he would employ.
www.usatoday.com...

The public would benefit from Trump and these policy suggestions on a debate stage.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry

Let me explain it for the slow witted.

Trump is already the clear cut favorite to beat everyone including Biden, long before any of the debates.

He doesn’t need to debate anyone that is far behind him.

How can I explain this to you.....your always wrong and now it's time to grow up.
Take your feelz and complain to dad or mom.

Ok that's an awesome meme....
I'll stop on that just along you give me permission to potentially use the in the future?

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kaiju666

I know this will get put down like a bad animal.
But I swear dude stop it man...
Not cool and you know it man.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
We need to hold our candidates to higher standards than to let him slide like this

All of them, on all sides. This would be a cowardly move from any candidate.

Perhaps if he sees that his own followers are unhappy and his 'ratings' dip, maybe he'll decide to show up anyway in a surprise move.

Just needs to have some pressure applied.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Trump is already the clear cut favorite to beat everyone including Biden, long before any of the debates.

The DNC could run a baked potato, and beat Trump at this point.

I want to see both main parties run some fresh blood that doesn't belong in a nursing home, and I want to see 3rd parties be given a chance.

Trump will lose to absolutely anybody.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

We need to hold our candidates to higher standards than to let him slide like this

All of them, on all sides. This would be a cowardly move from any candidate.

Perhaps if he sees that his own followers are unhappy and his 'ratings' dip, maybe he'll decide to show up anyway in a surprise move.

Just needs to have some pressure applied.

Agreed

We railed about it when Biden and others did it, I dont understand how its not just as grievous to have Trump do it too....I hate double standards

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Id prefer Trump retire as well. But as of today, he is the frontrunner to run against Biden. So I support Trump.

And as the front runner he should most definitely be at that first debate.......period

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Trump is following the playbook of Biden/Arizona Dems/ and many others who decided they werent going to debate.

Well, they apparently won, yea?

I mean, we can make moral arguments all day.
We can make high ground arguments all day.
Turns out, dirty is what's on the menu.

Except hes doing it against his own conservative party......and it shouldnt be acceptable

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:47 AM
link   

The claim was, everyone already knows Trump's policies. I don't think that's true, and I don't think the public is aware of what policies Trump has suggested he would employ.
www.usatoday.com...

The public would benefit from Trump and these policy suggestions on a debate stage.

Prove you wrong? l-o-l You have been proven wrong a thousand times since Hillary lost.

Individual and corporate tax cuts which put a lot more money into people's pockets, it sure did with mine, and slashing ridiculously arbitrary regulations on businesses so business could actually begin. (Leftist Obama era regulations kill jobs and bankrupt businesses), Like the keystone pipeline killed by Biden costing lives and livelihoods.

Showing comparisons for the extra slow witted.

Big ticket item orders went bonkers with the Trump tax cuts, and Boeing hired thousands of new workers after that happened.

There's dozens of other good things, but you already know, but hate Trump so much you won't acknowledge anything he did anyway. This is a broken record with you, but hey, it's Sunday night and I'm in a good mood. In fact, the job I have right now in the Aerospace industry happened because of Trump's big tax cuts.

Since Biden's economic policies are job killers, I'm lucky I still have a job right now. But I'm the only one at my job that can do the job that I do. Lots of layoffs happened where I work after Slo-Joe's illegal lockdowns happened. Remember the old adage that Biden disregarded and still does: "It's the economy, Stupid!"

edit on 21-8-2023 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: eta

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

Link

All of them. He is not going to debate anyone, on anything, at any point. That's what it sounds like from what he said.

Former President Donald Trump confirmed Sunday that he will be skipping Wednesday’s first Republican presidential primary debate — and others as well.

“The public knows who I am & what a successful Presidency I had,” Trump wrote on his social media site. “I WILL THEREFORE NOT BE DOING THE DEBATES!”

Fear. This is what fear looks like. He is not showing any features of an alpha personality, of a leader. He's scared and weak right now. And this is exactly when the other candidates will pounce. I'm expecting others running against him to start showing their teeth now. They should ridicule this decision and point out every chance they get that it's cowardly. Which it is.

A super PAC supporting DeSantis released an ad in which the narrator says: “We can’t afford a nominee who is too weak to debate.” And in a posting Sunday on X, the social media site formerly known as Twitter, DeSantis campaign spokesman Andrew Romeo said the Florida governor looked forward to sharing his vision Wednesday on what he’ll do as president because “no one is entitled to this nomination, including Donald Trump. You have to show up and earn it.”

An earlier thread from today discussing strongmen losing their footing and going weak. Tucking tail and running is not strength.

Weak? Because he won't play their ballshot games?

GTFOH with that, he's showing strength through resistance.

NEVER give up, NEVER back down, tread where you want, as long as you're respectful to others as well as yourself.

F the BS

TMOM

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This has been posted in this thread

Remember when candidate Kamala Harris told candidate Biden on the debate stage that he was a RACIST and a RAPIST?

Did she ?

NO

www.newsweek.com...

The Claim

On August 11, Shortly after Biden named Harris as his running mate, President Donald Trump's re-election campaign released a statement on the former vice president's choice, in which it said that Harris called Biden a "racist" during the Democratic debates.

In addition to the statement issued by Trump's campaign, a number of people shared a meme that featured a picture of Harris and a caption that read, "I just accepted a job offer from a man I called a racist and a rapist." According to FactCheck.org, the photo was shared by thousands across several different social media channels.

The Facts

Despite the claim by Trump's campaign and others, Harris did not call Biden a racist during the June 27, 2019, Democratic debate.

Harris said during the debate. "And I will say also that—that in this campaign, we've also heard—and I'm going to now direct this to Vice President Biden. I do not believe you are a racist and I agree with you when you commit yourself to the importance of finding common ground."

Notice if you will, the usage of the term, racist and the term, rapist. Neither were directed at or about Biden by anyone on the stage during those debates. They were, both of them issued by the Trump campaign. Trump's clan made up the racist claim and threw in the rapist claim because I guess, it just sounded good to them because they knew that enough of their supporters would believe it without really thinking much about it. And sure enough, here is this Trump propaganda, showing up here once again years later.

Now I don't know as anyone will decide to not vote for Trump and vote for Biden because of this lie the Trump campaign issued but I still thought it might be something any of us might want to consider, how easy it is to fall prey to propaganda...

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:14 AM
link   

www.usatoday.com...

You mean all the policies Trump tried to implement but was blockcocked by not just Democrats but RINOs, and the killing of support from John and Jane Doe by MSM and its propaganda and outright lies?

Trump had policies. They just never saw the light of day. If one DID slip through, it was drug to a courtroom and contested, usually on the grounds "Orange Man Bad".

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Trump may not be ready for Joe Biden's onslaught and wit, if he doesn't debate during the Primaries!

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMindOfMax
Weak? Because he won't play their ballshot games?

GTFOH with that, he's showing strength through resistance.

An absolute buffoon became a president and absolutely wrecked the America that we once knew. An army of buffoons want to see it happen again.
edit on 21-8-2023 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Trump is following the playbook of Biden/Arizona Dems/ and many others who decided they werent going to debate.

Well, they apparently won, yea?

I mean, we can make moral arguments all day.
We can make high ground arguments all day.
Turns out, dirty is what's on the menu.

Except hes doing it against his own conservative party......and it shouldnt be acceptable

So Mconnels' mad?

...and this is a bad thing how?

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Just a general query; I thought it was sort of the accepted practice that in the USA that all candidates enter into these debates?

And on point about Trump and Ukraine; its pretty easy saying he would get both sides to negotiate - many have tried including various French attempts, Chinese efforts to broker peace and several African/BRICS initiatives.

All have floundered on Putin's insistence that Ukraine accept the land gains Russia has made as a pre-condition for negotiations and Zelensky's insistence that Russia retreats to the previously agreed and accepted borders.

How would Trump break this deadlock?
Specifics?
Actual details and not soundbites.

Have any other candidates gone into detail about their proposed policies on Ukraine?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join