It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baldur's Gate 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   

So who's playing Baldur's Gate 3?

What are your thoughts and opinions?

Personally, i think its one of the best games I've played in a while.

Canny fault it so far aside for the time ive spent playing. LoL

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Doing a completionist run through of Elden Ring ATM on NG+1 .
BG 3 is next up .
Why not ?
Got 1 and 2 when they first came out.
Then the Enhanced Edition for both when they came out .
Larian Studios has never let me down .

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I am having my 2nd knee replaced Oct 27th, I already told the wife I want BG3 to have something to do while I rehab. Finished a complete run through of RDR2 on the first knee last Feb.

Thanks again for the laptop advice Gothmog! Love my 2 yr old Alienware, it runs all this stuff great.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Good luck with the surgery.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I am having my 2nd knee replaced Oct 27th, I already told the wife I want BG3 to have something to do while I rehab. Finished a complete run through of RDR2 on the first knee last Feb.

Thanks again for the laptop advice Gothmog! Love my 2 yr old Alienware, it runs all this stuff great.

Good to hear .
Bought my first Alienware in 2004 when it was Saikai of Miami .
In 2006 , Dell purchased Alienware as a subsidiary and it only got better.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I played Divinity 2 Original Sin a few years back when it was free on PS+. I kind of lost interest in and quit. Think Baldurs gate will be the same for me, or is it different enough to warrant a look?

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

I've played both, its not apples and oranges, but in my opinion, Baldurs gate 3 is a 10, which cant be said about many a game, and it's polished.

It defiantly warrants a look if you liked Divinity 2 imho and im not even in the third act yet.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I got the pre-release version a while back. As was the case with BG 1 & 2, I just can't get into it. Micromanaging my whole party just seems to ruin the experience for me. That and my computer doesn't have the horsepower to run it properly.

I enjoyed the Neverwinter Nights games, as well as the first Dragon Age...and I'm STILL playing Skyrim, lol. Is anything else out there worth playing?

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

I'm looking forward to the next Dragon Age myself.

I hope they don't screw up the formula too much.

I like the micromanaging in B3 but i suppose it can become rather tiresome.

The story and character interaction is top-notch thus far in my opinion.

Used to play a lot of Skyrim also before that Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The first DA was great. They screwed it up with the second and then tried to appease two different audiences with the third. If they go back to what worked in the first I'll play it. The arcade like graphics ruined it for me.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I watched IGNs 15 minute video review yesterday, all game footage while the reviewer talked. The graphics are shiny but it struck me how 'jerky' and unnatural the cut scene animations looked, especially the faces and mouths while the characters spoke. I've seen much better in most Playstation games. I do know though it's the gameplay that matters.

Discovered the company that made this game also made Divinity, which I thought was tedious and quit playing, so I doubt I'll get this when it is released for the PS. Plus I've read without a decent D and D understanding, the game would be confusing. Been busy, discovered the Yakuza series and going through those as well as Mass Effect Andromenda and Call of Cthulu. Gotta love the free PS+ games

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

I suppose it can be a rather an in-depth and time-consuming title which is not everyone's cuppa tea.

On the flip side, in-depth and time-consuming, is exactly what some peeps, including myself, are looking for.

I do not have any sort of deep understanding of DnD bar the Fighting Fantasy books i read as a kid and im managing just fine.

Quite enjoyed some of the Yakuza games myself think the latest addition is somewhat of a turn-based affair if memory serves.

As to the PS+ games, its a hit-and-miss affair sometimes, i gave my account to my son a while back now, my thinking is Xbox Game Pass gives a better bang for buck, not that i own an Xbox all the same but i do use it on the PC now and again.

top topics

join