It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We will woke you! Classic Queen song Fat Bottomed Girls is mysteriously dropped

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Woke AF scenario playing out.

It is one of Queen's best-loved songs but Fat Bottomed Girls has been mysteriously dropped from the group's new Greatest Hits collection.

www.dailymail.co.uk... lection.html

Apparently this new greatest hits release is aimed at a younger audience and in a woke world anything that isnt the color of room temp oatmeal could trigger someone.

Go life.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:09 AM
link   
We are living in clown world

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Isn't this disrespectful to all the thick, chunky chicks?

Do they not have a voice anymore?

Have they been canceled?

Oh no, don't tell me thin is in again.

edit on 20-8-2023 by TheMindOfMax because: Removed unneeded apostrophe.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

So a song celebrating big girls is dropped because it celebrates big girls , yeah that makes sense.

Hey, listen here
Now I got mortgages on homes
I got stiffness in the bones
Ain't no beauty queens in this locality, I tell you
Oh, but I still get my pleasure
Still got my greatest treasure
Heap big woman, you gonna make a big man out of me
Now get this
Are you gonna take me home tonight, please?
Oh, down beside that red firelight
Are you gonna let it all hang out?
Fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go round, yeah
Fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go round

It's Brian's song so he has the right to do with it as he pleases but I'm sure Freddie would be shaking his head.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Yet, the song(?) W.A.P. (Wet A-- P----) by Cardi B. won an American Music Award, a BET Award, three BET Hip Hop Awards, a People's Choice Awards and more. As of March 2022, the song has been certified 7-times platinum in the U.S.

"Fat Bottom Girls" when it was released as a single, reached number 11 in the UK Singles Chart and number 24 in the Billboard Hot 100 in the US.

Go figure.

🤡🌎

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:08 AM
link   
And this is done in a world where young girls are taught they have to be thin as a pencil and looking androgynous and sick as much as they can. Like with all the Topmodel contests.

"High society" was always a cancer to humanity. I blame the TV and media for giving them a platform at all. My dentist is acting like she is high society. She told me when I could not walk away, how nice "fast fashion" is. It is basically they send you new clothes every two weeks and the old clothes are being picket up again. I am not sure what happens with the clothes but I think they get thrown away after one or two turns.

And she was so excited about it, "it's the newest trend". People are too superficial and opinionated about themselves. To a point I was feeling a bit ashamed because of my own clothes but then remembered how happy I am and do not need this. On the other hand, others may look at the cars I handle and think the same about me.

Back to topic, as someone who was 92kg/1,60m after pregnancy and, I know how it feels to not feel confident in the body. Yet I never blamed anyone else than myself for it. And I never would have wanted anyone to step in for me and defend me.

After all, a healthy body is a reflection of the mind. People are responsible for their own lifes, leave others freedom or art alone and #ing take responsibility. I know most fuss is coming from histrionic people not even having to deal with overweight but a sort of making oneself important by stepping in for people that never asked for that.

Like someone that never was homeless speaking in the name of homeless people. Same thing.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain
Like:

"I want Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 to be CANCELED, NOW, ASAP Wipe it off the face of this planet and burn it in the nearest star.
Because I was homeless for a week and in that game you have to do kickflips over homeless people called "bums"."

*rolling my eyes*

People take themselves too serious..

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Watch out Elton.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:06 AM
link   

One if my first jobs in the cooking industry was at a sandwich shop, we'd play music for the customers and it was a mix of more up beat, but not over the top music, I still remember we used to play a lot of Queen and that song was part of the playlist, until, my first encounter with a Karen ... now this was back in 2010, they were still rather rare but this woman wasn't having it, she made a scene about us playing the song, the manager apologized and just took the song off the playlist. Didn't think much of it after, but I always remembered her.

I see it has escalated this much since those times.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:10 AM
link   
If people here in Germany knew what they sing along to sometimes

And that got that woman riled up? A song about big booty? lol....

I think we should cancel Megan Trainor as she's all about that bass... no oh trouble...

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Freddy Mercury was gay, right? Is anyone sure he was actually singing about girls?

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

So a song celebrating big girls is dropped because it celebrates big girls , yeah that makes sense.

Hey, listen here
Now I got mortgages on homes
I got stiffness in the bones
Ain't no beauty queens in this locality, I tell you
Oh, but I still get my pleasure
Still got my greatest treasure
Heap big woman, you gonna make a big man out of me
Now get this
Are you gonna take me home tonight, please?
Oh, down beside that red firelight
Are you gonna let it all hang out?
Fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go round, yeah
Fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go round

It's Brian's song so he has the right to do with it as he pleases but I'm sure Freddie would be shaking his head.

It’s just like the Native American sports mascots and logos.
As a rule, it looks like the actual ethnic group was quite proud of their heritage symbolizing greatness and victory.
It was a bunch of whining pasty-white tards demanding that it all be wrecked. Announcing to the natives what they will and won’t like.

My guess is that big-butt big-legged girls have always been pretty happy that there was a classic song about how a lot of guys love them.
But the tards, they are-a-bitching, about things that have nothing to do with them, as always.
edit on 20-8-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
If people here in Germany knew what they sing along to sometimes

And that got that woman riled up? A song about big booty? lol....

I think we should cancel Megan Trainor as she's all about that bass... no oh trouble...

Yeah, I always figured she was really saying “it’s all about that ass”

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   
So what? It is a 45 year old song that is played on the radio all the time. How many times do you need to hear it? It was left off a compilation album? It is on other Queen compilation albums. This is a non-issue.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Sociologically is another interesting case, but from a musical point of view I don't think it's that important, I always thought that was one of Queen's worst songs from his most boring album.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=27106521]opethPA[/post

that's all right cause we still got a Whole Lotta Rosie

Forty-two, thirty-nine, fifty-six
You could say she's got it all

edit on 20-8-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
Never heard about it either but that makes it even more funny.

It was a non issue until now. For how many decades?

Tuning into Black Betty now.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

bam a lam

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Some say he was bisexual, but the fact is that this song was written by Brian May.

(post by stevieray removed for political trolling and baiting)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join