It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Until death do us part - 1st draft

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   
When has gravity ever weighed down your consciousness?

a reply to: pthena

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

When each individual in the situation perceives that to be the case then all of them want you on their side when it isn't any sides thing and that grasping thinking there is one is the only thing that tears you apart.

It just means they haven't really healed or settled whatever grudge in their hearts; They have about the past and want someone to hold it with them aka choose sides.

Holding a grudge as a heart isn't a wise choice for one; Since I have noticed, over time... That a heart can be anything.

Last person I hugged like you suggested was a blue collar meth addict man in his 60's that worked roofing his entire life that was trying not to lose everything at a treatment center... After helping him he stuck out his hand in thanks but I swatted it and gave him such a hug... It was like every joint in his body got chiropractor assistance at the same time.

I knew he got addicted to it due to the demands of working; Like the: It takes 12 cups of coffee to start my day people and got into trouble for it... But I wouldn't have called it use to abuse to enjoy as a high but the side effect of all that energy is why he used it; As it meant knocking out all the work and demands placed on him as a coping and was doing fine until the legality of it hit him fortunately, he was also educated of all the damage it was and could do to his body. His family losing him never crossed his mind as that's why he was doing all that work... Realizing that he had a break through.

Whats weird is when good people get into such positions and can see the individual; But over time it is so draining as each person is an individual that eventually when they shrug and just say its work like those that just got into it for the amount of income; They tend to go robotic as in not caring at all... Then being such a provider become deaf like; I do this for a living and become very resistant to treatment themselves.

What did one snake say to the other snake...
What do you mean hug? Venom is how I make my living.
edit on 21-8-2023 by Crowfoot because: sp

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

When has gravity ever weighed down your consciousness?

The answer may be all the time.

A flying bird is not free of gravity. Forces related to air flow and density keep it elevated. Gravity is not cancelled. A person in orbit is not free of gravity, given the physics of how orbit is achieved.

My awareness of self seems to reside somewhere behind my eyes, pretty close, but not in, my eyes. Since I live within a gravity field, I am not thinking of gravity weighing me down.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I will make an attempt to explain my relationship with Hindu and Buddhist concepts. There is a reason for me to do so.

During my Shamanistic times, I had an experience which I cannot interpret without those concepts (words and their definitions).

The experience is summarized in a story I wrote for a contest of 50 or fewer words.

Life in Those Yesterdays

In that instant time stretches.
Today relived then sloughed away.
Yesterday briefly remembered then gone.
All deeds done and lessons learned
peeled back to drop away
dead skin.

A center spark alone remains
then drifts away.

I suspect that spark is not me
nor is it mine
but rather another's.

Link

Some terms, Buddhist and/or Hindu:

Nirvana (blown out/gone/annihilated)

ahiṃsā (nonviolence toward all beings)

moksha (liberation/freedom from the passions and the cycle of death and rebirth)

karma (action, intent and consequences)

The big thing seems to be Atman. so I quote Wikipedia here:

Atman is a central concept in the various schools of Indian philosophy, which have different views on the relation between Atman, individual Self (Jīvātman), supreme Self (Paramātmā) and, the Ultimate Reality (Brahman), stating that they are: completely identical (Advaita, Non-Dualist),[2][3] completely different (Dvaita, Dualist), or simultaneously non-different and different (Bhedabheda, Non-Dualist + Dualist).
en.wikipedia.org...(Hinduism)

So beings as I am by no means non-dualist I distinguish Ahamkara(self/ego/I), Atman(a spark of Braman), and Braman (Ultimate Reality).

Karma is pretty big. I have hurt others. They will carry scars, be they physical, or emotional such as PTSD for life. No amount of remorse on my part will change that. Forgiveness even, is a slight alleviation, it doesn't completely disappear.

This karma I carry for the rest of my life. It is not transferred to someone else to work out or suffer for. The one's I've hurt work out their pain for life. I suffer guilt for life.

Even though the Atman is a piece of Braman, which returns to Braman, although never disconnected from Braman, each Atman is separate individually.

As for moksha, (liberation/freedom from the passions and the cycle of death and rebirth); that is the birthright of all living beings.
edit on 21-8-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

There really isn't any such thing as gravity... It is a one word concept that just means falling at the same rate as the object that is also falling. So all it really means is everything on earth is falling at the same rate as it is...

If it ever hit something in that falling like a theoretical dark matter? Splat

However since the sun is falling into an event horizon or black hole and we are falling with it in a electromagnetic pull of core materials? Gravity.

Something falling but not quite as fast as the nearest large object that is gives the illusion of floating or zero gravity as in the falling appears altogether absent.

The core of a black hole is the same thing as a super conductor as the reason for it appearing to have a larger gravitation effect of things falling for it that are not on as deep a plane in space as it is space which is more like a colloidal suspension of various weights of mass all falling into the thing greater in mass than they are until something hits and breaks up into smaller masses closer to the event horizon is the accreditation disc where A lot of that colliding has taken place.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

Turns out I've been living as if in a Newtonian Universe.

Einsteinian seems to describe the wider Universe (non-near-Earth) more accurately.
No space navigation for me.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena
I wouldn't leave Newtonian all of that is tried and true; What I stated is inline with it. Tossing all of that out in favor of some less than 60 years old isn't all that wise. The big difference in the two is in the former light was a constant in the later it isn't... But in all the theory of trying to over come it or get close to it as a speed? Can't be done... So it might as well stay a constant.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

I agree. For practical everyday matters, light has a constant velocity. And the acceleration of a falling body near Earth's surface can be considered a constant 32ft/sec^2.

I've never read a textbook on astrophysics.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join