It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Nite of the Soul...YSM2023

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Breaking away from the illusion of religion, salvation and grace isn't the easiest thing to do. Often leading to a special kind of depression known as the "dark night of the soul" an emptiness that has lead many strong men to madness and suicide. Some in their confusion embrace the dark arts, seeking to fill the void with something, anything; that's what I did.
A trip down to Los Palomas where the Curandera lived, is where I sought information. I thought it would be some long drawn out instruction into her local brand of witchcraft but "La Bruja" just wrote out an incantation for me on the back of her electric bill and told me to "walk the desert walk" and chant the incantation with every 12th step. Simple enough...Started my walk on the rez east of Black Mesa and hadn't even walked/chanted a mile until I saw him. Just a hazy mist at first but in seconds a corporeal being dressed in levis, cowboy hat, boots and a Slayer Tshirt. Maybe in his late 20's, red bearded anglo. "how may I help you" he said with an obvious Texas drawl.

"I don't really know" I said... "well I know" he said..."I'll text you the formula this afternoon...Go Home"

It would be dangerous for me to reveal what he texted me...but I feel so much better, powerful actually!

The End

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Okay.
That's different

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 07:42 PM
link   
You know what dark night of the soul means? “Dark Night of the Soul,” is a term used by both the church and psychologists/psychiatrists alike. Experiencing a Dark Night of the Soul is when a person has to suffer through a horrible part of his or her life in order to come out the other end knowing something imperative, stronger, adopting a belief in God, surviving, you name it. For example, “he had no idea that fighting cancer would be his Dark Night of the Soul until he almost died that one night and in his delirious state, he met God who answered all the questions he could ever hope to know!”

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

It was fiction, a story....I used literary license...what's your point?

Perhaps you could pen a story for the contest with your conception of "Dark night of the soul" I'd like to read it!!

edit on 16-8-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I had no point, I just thought you may be interested in what the phrase means as far as psychology goes.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Nice!

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Intriguing story, olaru12.

I could do with an incantation or two. Knowing my luck, I'd probably mess it up and conjure up rain clouds.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   

¿La bruja era una santera?

Has a crossroads vibe. Like the witch sent you to meet the Orisha Elegua in a Slayer shirt.

Fun in any case. Good job.
edit on 17-8-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I had to look up "Orisha Elegua"

You probably noticed it was a treatment for a short film. Shooting the teaser for marketing the "series" now.
No one reads full scripts anymore.

new topics

top topics

join