It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philadelphia Teen Planned Terrorist Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 08:16 AM
link   
6abc.com...

A 17-year-old teenager has been arrested in Philadelphia in connection with a terrorism probe.

During a press conference on Monday, FBI Special Agent in Charge of the Philadelphia Field Office Jacqueline Maguire said the 17-year-old male was arrested Friday on state charges and was allegedly communicating with the group Katibat al Tawhid wal Jihad (KTJ).

KTJ was designated as a global terrorist group in 2022 and is affiliated with al-Qaeda, officials said.

"The young man who is under arrest is -- was an aspiring terrorist who was not merely thinking but was doing things that are deeply disturbing and presented a grave danger to everyone," said Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner.

doesn't seem to be getting much attention.

I hate to think how many young men are on their puters drinking the poison kool-ade and planning similar.

if you see something say something.

thank the Lord the authorities caught him in time.

Do I sound like a fascist? No, I just want to live in safety.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   
When I read, " FBI captures a terrorist" the first thing that comes to mind is the individual a real terrorist or some dumb idiot the FBI set up ? It is a shame faith in so many government agencies just ain't what it used to be..

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

It won't get much exposure in MSM because it goes against the current narrative that almost all terrorist threats come from White, right-wing extremists.
MSM is trying to downplay the the real and live threat we all face from Islamic terrorist groups.

I read a report recently - I'll try to dig it out later - that whilst MI5 acknowledged that there is a threat in the UK from right-wing extremists but there is by far a greater threat from Islamic groups and that nearly every single foiled terrorist attack in the UK were inspired by the religion of peace.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
When I read, " FBI captures a terrorist" the first thing that comes to mind is the individual a real terrorist or some dumb idiot the FBI set up ? It is a shame faith in so many government agencies just ain't what it used to be..

yes, it occurs to me that the FBI could use some positive press right now.

apparently the accused's father is a lawyer who ran for judge as a Democrat

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I still remember when I was about 16 - 17 years old I would spend a good chunk of my evenings on MSN messenger. Every now and then some random would add me, and being a young socialable person at the time I would just add them.
I was suddenly getting invites to add odd email addresses with a noticeable pattern to them, they were all Islam - centric, and militant in nature. One day I decided to add a few and spark up conversation, and, well, there was an actual person on the other end.
They ended up quoting from the Quran, talking about anti American things, and talking about how they could teach me this and that. It further raised a few more red flags on top of the already big ones, their email addresses were something along the lines of "[email protected]" and "[email protected]".

I became a little vigilant and decided to "anonymously" report the email addresses on the RCMP website.
About a week later my mother asked me to pick up the phone:
"Hello, is this Joe?"
"Yes"
"Are you a gamer? Do you play lots of video games?"
"Yes, why?"
"OK, I think I have the right guy, I'm special constable so and so from the RCMP..."

And he went onto basically interview me, and tell me they take any leads very seriously. It turned out they traced me back to my home, where they then traced me to my school, contacted them, and then my father at his work, and then to me.

My father told me they were looking into a huge investigation in the area, and what I sent them fit some suspicious activity. About two years later a huge anti terrorist group bust went down, don't know if it was connected, but seemed coincidental.

The thing about that whole situation for me was how they were targeting young people like me. But, at that time I was falling short on my faith in catholicism, let alone looking for a new religion to follow, I guess I can thank Christopher Hitchens debates and lectures I downloaded back then warning me of how Islam can turn radical on a dime. Those guys weren't trying to teach me the good message of Muhammad at all.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   

the only good terrorist /jihadist, is a dead terrorist/ jihadist. it's that simple.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Tens of thousands of young people are being recruited by terrorists. Many of those terrorists and young people being recruited are simply walking across the border into America now.

The FBI catches one of them and is proud of it.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   

You kinda do sound like a fascist. That's where the whole see something say something stuff comes from. Your safety can't be bought with over suspicious communities that call police over anything. He wasn't caught by any other means than probably stepping into a honey pot.

At any rate, i will always be opposed to things like red flag laws, and community suspicion.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Damn these MAGA white nationalists.

We can all sleep at night now.

*sigh*

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Just hold on a minute! Exactly which country is KTJ active in? That’s very important because if it’s Syria then Al-Qaeda is an Ally, but everywhere else they’re the enemy. Lol

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I Wonder how many are being recruited by the Chinese ?
Crazy World we live in.
a reply to: carewemust

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

thanks for sharing that
glad you didn't get drawn in

interesting to get a glimpse of how they lure kids
I'm guessing young male gamers are prime targets

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   
There was a bit about this on either the Today show or Fox this morning.

I’m visiting my parents and that’s what they watch.

I hope he’s tried as an adult.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Here's what I have found out through some serious searching through a variety of articles and video.

He lives with his father Qawi Abdul-Rahman who is a criminal defense attorney in Philly, 54y/o who also ran for a judgeship but lost.

Office Sought: JUDGE OF THE COURT OF COMMON PLEAS - PHILADELPHIA
District: 1st Judicial District (Philadelphia County)
Election Year: 2023 Party: Democratic

I BELIEVE the wife is Dawn Abdul-Rahman, 53y/o who is also listed as a resident at the property of:

5987 Woodbine Ave; Philadelphia, PA 19131-1206 which was raided by FBI and SWAT Aug 11, 2023 as according to most reports, the raid was conducted on Friday Aug 11th.

The 17 year old son:

The investigation began in March, when the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force allegedly found communications between the Syrian-based terrorist group Katibat al Tawhid wal Jihad and the juvenile on Instagram. On August 6th, claim prosecutors, he changed his WhatsApp profile photo to an image of the ISIS banner. Krasner’s office says the juvenile received messages telling him how to build IEDs and that on August 7th, an FBI surveillance team observed him buying some of the items needed to build IEDs, along with tactical gear. The next day, U.S. Customs and Border Protection revealed to the FBI that more than a dozen international shipments of military and tactical gear had been sent to the juvenile’s home.

“The work of the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force potentially thwarted a catastrophic terrorist attack in the name of a perverted ideology that in no way, shape, or form represents the beliefs of the overwhelming majority of peace-seeking people of faith, including Muslims,” Krasner said in a statement. “The charges we have filed against this individual represent the most serious alleged terrorist activity prosecuted in Philadelphia County court in recent history.

www.phillymag.com...

Now the father claims:

“I didn’t see it coming at all.” the lawyer, whose 17-year-old son was arrested in an FBI raid on charges of plotting a national terrorist attack

But how would parents miss all the deliveries of military and tactical gear delivered to the homes? Also, the son was planning a trip:

Investigators say he’d purchased materials including chemicals, wiring, and tactical equipment associated with improvised explosive devices and conducted “generalized research” on potential targets. The teen had also been “taking steps to travel overseas for the purpose of joining or supporting terrorist activity,” Maguire said, though she declined to offer specifics.

It would seem odd that the parents were oblivious to their son's activities. I believe there is also another minor in the residence as one report stated that when authorities demanded the residents to exit the house, an adult and two minors exited.

And, the house is huge, 7 bedrooms.

As usual, reporting is speculative on some issues but after reading and reading, I have tried to come up with my best guess of factual information. Take it as you will.
edit on 3931202300000031bWed, 16 Aug 2023 19:18:39 -05002023000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

join