It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's now time to make a thread on my Granddaughter's death.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 09:19 PM
link   
My Granddaughter, Corina Porres died on the twenty third of June. She committed suicide. There was an ongoing investigation into her death for a month till the death certificate was issued. The cause of death was determined, but the investigation is still ongoing as to the involvement of the guy she was going with. She was twenty four years old.

She had a bad boyfriend that was trying to get control over her, he was trying to alienate her from our family. He wound up in jail after he wrenched the keys out of her hand while he had her pinned to the floor and took her car and smashed it into a truck, then put it into a ditch and hit a tree about three blocks later. That was about a year ago, when he got out of jail the control freak talked his way into her life using a guilt trip to control her. We have plenty of audio that shows how he treated her she had recorded, and the cops also have that info. After a while after he got out of Jail for both stealing her car and driving with a revoked license....there was a witness to his scuffle while taking the keys....he finally badgered her enough that she took him back. Corina had a very kind heart, she wanted to help everyone, even this guy she met that came from California and was homeless...he is again homeless. He is a very good con, he knows how to use women. We found that he had been doing this kind of stuff from three previous girls after she died, even telling one that the only way to get away from him was to kill herself. A couple of weeks prior to her death, the boyfriend had her pinned down trying to take her phone away from her in a park, with the youngest great grandson. There was an off duty cop there, he called it in and they arrested him...out in three days this time. Still he had a no contact order in place, and her landlord had a police order banning him from being on his property too. But he still came around to get weasel money off her with a sad story every time...he was using her and she felt trapped.

The case is still not fully closed at the police station, but at least they tossed the jerk in jail on a failed drug/alcohol test for the memorial service so he did not bother us. Of course, the court again let him out right away. I wish that the judge would be able to hear the recordings and read the texts she sent people...they believe his BS of how much he loved her...which the recordings show the opposite of as he badgers her. There are also witnesses that will testify about his treatment of her....so that is love in his mind. He is using that sob story to pick up other girls I hear, but enough people know what really went on.

I hope the cops drive this guy out of the U.P. of Michigan so he does not cause this to happen to another local girl and their family again.

Corina lived with the wife and I a total of five plus years while she was growing up, from five years old to eight, and almost every weekend till she was fifteen, then she came back to live with us till she got married at seventeen. Her and her mother did not get along well years ago when she was young.

Corina was a very good person, she wanted to help everyone. But there are people who target people who take advantage of people like her. I tried to avoid people like that all my life, but although I taught her to help others I did not teach her how to tell the cons from the real needy when she lived with us. I should have taught that to her, I messed up. Because I was disabled and could not work, I spent more time with my Corina than I did with both other girls...I was a workaholic before I got hurt and I actually turned my youngest daughter into one too. Corina also tried to help people sometimes that did not want help. Some people don't want others to go out of their way to help them.

My two daughter refer to Corina as their third sister, because Corina was mostly raised by us. They were the three Canaries.

Corina's sister started a gofundme page to help with the funeral and memorial costs and the rest if anything was left would go to her kids. They were looking for four thousand bucks....it went up to just shy of ten grand quickly. She was liked by everyone that she worked for and helped. The wife and I are taking care of the fund. With almost every kid in my daughters family on mychild or medicaid, they could not take the money in their name or it would effect their medicaid. My youngest daughter is working a lot, plus going to college at the same time now to get a degree in cyber security. She has no time to do anything, and they have two kids of her husbands to take care of every other week. So, we volunteered and treat it as a seperate entity, which has to be done for gofundme if you don't want it included as income. I am driving the two daughters crazy because I require receipts to take money out of the fund and only things necessary are allowed to be reimbursed. The last probably around five plus grand left after all the expenses, will be put in trust for the greatgrandkids. The great grandkids are also on medicaid so we have to try to get the money so it will not disqualify them. Corina's ex-husband works full time but they do not offer health insurance there anymore. So we have to figure how to set something up like maybe a college fund or something with the balance. You have to do this stuff right, I got information from my accountant before even thinking of handling that gofundme stuff.

I am not telling you about the gofund me to get donations. We are happy to have gotten what we got, it is far more than anticipated. She worked for a company that contracts with the hospital here, Something like R1, and she only worked there three months...they gave the fund three grand because everyone there, including management really liked her. Also an ER doctor gave a grand to the fund

I am just stating that it can work and it is a pain in the arse to get the money out of it because of their system. I suppose they do not get that much in fees, they probably like to get the interest off the money, so make it trickier to get it out so if you use it, remember, you have to keep checking the page to make sure you don't miss some stuff of what else you need, they do not send out an email for many days if they need more info on the bank acct. I read horror stories about how people wound up not doing things right with the donations and losing their insurance so wanted to make sure it did not harm them. I called my accountant, and so did my youngest daughter, we both had businesses and have accountants even though I have not worked in my business for twenty odd years now because of my disability. I was going to pay for some of the funeral, but now the gofund me took care of that. I will just leave her kids something in our will.

I was not feeling up to talking about this here till now, and still, I do not know if this even makes sense. I deleted a lot of paragraphs a lot of times because I just felt I was going overboard. If you guys want to go see the gofund me page to see about my granddaughter, go ahead, but we do not need anymore donations, we are all right with what we got. I would never have started this, it was her sisters, my other granddaughters idea.

There is more to this than I have mentioned as to why the investigation is still open regarding the piece of crap homeless leach she was involved with.

edit on 15-8-2023 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Jesus Ricky, I'm so sorry man.

I think the best you can do is make sure every piece of evidence you can find is in the hands of the cops (copies, not originals).

My condolences to you and your family.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 09:30 PM
link   
My deepest sympathies. We have a granddaughter who is eight and stays with us for the summers, I was just thinking how that will be changing, probably after this summer. I was also thinking about how old she will be when we die and how her life might be when she's an adult.

Your story touches me and mine and brings me sorrow at the thought of something like that happening to our granddaughter. It is too close to home for me, I'm truly heartbroken for you.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Wow, that is terrible. I will say a prayer for your family when I go to bed tonight, I know that is not sufficient. I hope any pain you feel will soon be replaced by better memories of her smile or maybe a story she told you that lightened your heart. I never know really what to say to anyone when I hear horrible stories like this.

My wifes first cousin comitted suicide last weekend. She was 45 years old. Shot herself in the face. Just a litany of stupidity from many people and unfortunate accidents and so on that led to it. Suicide is just really hard to accept. My wife hasn't really been herself since that happened.

Anyway, I wish the best for your family. I hope her soul is at rest and experiencing peace.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   
My heart breaks for you and your family. God bless you Ricky and your sweet beloved granddaughter.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Jesus Ricky, I'm so sorry man.

I think the best you can do is make sure every piece of evidence you can find is in the hands of the cops (copies, not originals).

My condolences to you and your family.

The great granddaughter looks just like Corina when she was five. We will continue to help her Ex to put her on the bus at our house every morning and get her off at night. The great grandson only comes here two days a week, he spends a day at corina's ex's mothers house one or two days a week, and one or two days at my ex-wives house a week the other days.

Corina changed her first tire on a car when she just turned six, she jacked it up herself with my commercial floor jack, and used the air impact to remove it and put it back on. I had to help her to get the jack down, she let the car all the way down trying to lower it to the exact position so the tire fit. She couldn't lift the tire, so it had to be exact so she could wiggle it on, but once on the bolts, she jacked it up and put the lug nuts on and use the impact, then used the torque wrench to finalize the lug nuts.

So her daughter, wanted to help me powerwash the deck just before Corina died...she got the same spunk as Corina had. She would not give up, the powerwaher spray almost pushed her off the deck...I had to tell her she was just too small yet to do that.

I have a lot of memories with Corina. mostly doing things...Corina loved doing mechanic work and body work on cars and liked making firewood, and using the log splitter. Corina came with me to clean Turkeys at a friends farm too, we did twenty five turkeys, she actually liked plucking feathers on the birds because it made her feel like she was doing something that was needed. I got paid one turkey for thanksgiving plus one smoked turkey for our labor. She went with me two years, I actually went help four years total.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: greendust

Wow, that is terrible. I will say a prayer for your family when I go to bed tonight, I know that is not sufficient. I hope any pain you feel will soon be replaced by better memories of her smile or maybe a story she told you that lightened your heart. I never know really what to say to anyone when I hear horrible stories like this.

My wifes first cousin comitted suicide last weekend. She was 45 years old. Shot herself in the face. Just a litany of stupidity from many people and unfortunate accidents and so on that led to it. Suicide is just really hard to accept. My wife hasn't really been herself since that happened.

Anyway, I wish the best for your family. I hope her soul is at rest and experiencing peace.

My granddaughter used whippits and a plastic bag to do it. She went to sleep on the couch and never woke up. They sell those whippits all over the place these days. I should stress if someone here sees any of these whippits around the kids room to beware, they can be used to get a short quick high or can be used to kill yourself.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
My deepest sympathies. We have a granddaughter who is eight and stays with us for the summers, I was just thinking how that will be changing, probably after this summer. I was also thinking about how old she will be when we die and how her life might be when she's an adult.

Your story touches me and mine and brings me sorrow at the thought of something like that happening to our granddaughter. It is too close to home for me, I'm truly heartbroken for you.

My great granddaughter spends a lot of time here and I take walks and she helps me with stuff outside. After her mother died...she does not know yet how she died only that she died in her sleep and stress had something to do with her stopping breathing...I asked her how she was feeling and she told me that dying is part of life.

I almost cried, I told her that to prepare her when either the wife and I passed away and never expected her to say something like that when my granddaughter died. I wanted her to understand I would sometimes die and it was part of life.

I told her I hope she lives a long time and she told me she was going to live to a hundred or more. I hope she is right, she is only five now. She needs to know what really happened, her dad does not want to lie to her about things, and he said I did a good job for now, and wants me to be there when he has to tell her the whole story. That is going to be a sad day but we know she has to know. Everyone in town knows she committed suicide, and their kids probably heard about it, some kids might say something in school to her...she is in first grade this year.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss.
God bless you and your family.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Oh my. That is so sad. Tragic. Prayers sent for you and your loved ones.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I am so sorry for your loss, rickymouse. My heart breaks for you and your family. I pray you get justice for your granddaughter.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I dealt with suicide of loved ones a few times.

My heart goes out to you, with my prayers and love.

DM if you need to talk, i am here brother.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: GAPeach3

I am so sorry for your loss, rickymouse. My heart breaks for you and your family. I pray you get justice for your granddaughter.

The police know how this guy is, but it is really hard to charge him with even contributing to her death. There are laws being generated now, but proving a person caused someone to commit suicide is very hard. There are other contributing factors in all tragic events like this. She was too nice, she took things to heart, she tried to please everyone and often that led to disappointment because people took advantage of her sometimes.

I am sixty seven and I have seen a lot of things in my life over the years. If I was more assertive I may have been able to get things off her chest, but I never thought she would do this.

In her little letter she mentioned that she knew that her kids would be taken care of. She did not feel she was needed. That makes me sad. I wish she felt that she was needed, because she was.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Aw, Ricky-I can feel your hear breaking. I am so sorry for your loss, and wish I had some words to comfort you. All I can offer is tears, if I may be so bold as to cry with you.

Damn, Ricky; I'm sorry I have no words to comfort you as you deal with this nightmare.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I am so sorry, rickymouse. The horror you must have all gone through. And to be holding all that in up until now. My prayers over all of you and may God hold your daughter in His loving arms of perfect love forever.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 12:03 AM
link   

THis is my first time posting on here..
I dont know you or you me , but , your story made me mad as hell.. I can tell you this , if my daughters ever get in a bad situation with a BF , it will not end well for him. IDGAF the consequences ill deal with them ... I am sorry for your loss , i hope one day you find peace brother

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 12:13 AM
link   

That's a horrible thing to have happen to your granddaughter and family. My condolences and I hope that dude gets his due.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Hugs…..great big hugs……

Nothing else to say.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 02:31 AM
link   

What a waste! Losing a young life like that. It will give your great grand-daughter a terrible emotional handicap. I lost my Mum (in another way) when I was four, then my Gran died in my arms when I was fourteen (she rasied me). It ruined my life and only God healed me in the end. It gives you real bad emotional issues to lose parents when young. It retards your emotional development and causes huge behavioural issues. You make really silly decisions because of your emotional immaturity. If you are vulnerable too then the monsters will destroy you. They destroyed me, but God brought me back from the dead metaphorically.

I will tell you how this happened. I will give you the blunt truth.

This happened because of the break up of the nuclear family. I think you know that too. Remember my thread about EVIL STEP PARENTS? It was the truth, but you never believe it.

All of you, I tell you now. If you know there is a wolf in your family you must cast it out because it has been put there to destroy you and your loved ones. Cast the wolves out into the wilderness less they destroy everything you love. That means in family, shopping choices, which businesses you back (execpt the ones you are forced to back; mess with them and make their business difficult trying to use the least you can so you minimize their profits), who you vote for, what movies you pay to watch, everything. There are many wolves upon you in all aspects of your lives.

That guy is a wolf who caused this for your sister. If she was in a good marriage with the dad of her kid then she would have had proper financial and husband-partner support. I told Babylon the other day if they destroy the nuclear family they are only destroying themselves.

Hey Babylon, you can't make money out of broken people. They will cost you instead, so mend them or die.

I do know exactly what I am talking about. I am an expert (honorary) Jew, Christian and social worker. I have many years experience in all these areas.

edit on 16-8-2023 by Merman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I’m so sorry for your loss , I lost a brother many moons ago to suicide. Man it is so hard.

Hope you and the family are doing ok.
Will keep you guys in my prayers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join