It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kinross AFB missing F-89C - 23 Nov 1953 USAF report of aircraft accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Stole this from Reddit. Looks like a FIO request. Apologies if Mr. Klotz is a member here. PM me and I'll delete it or go straight to the mods.

I don't know, does look like an official report to those who know? I can't make head nor tail of it.

How would you even go about covering up something like that? The poor Pilot no doubt had family and friends who would have liked closure. Maybe he and Valentich are playing cards somewhere on another planet?
Too many questions and not enough answers.

Anyway, interesting if true.

In 1953, US Air Defense Command tracked a UAP in restricted airspace over Lake Superior. A Northrop F-89C Scorpion was scrambled to intercept the UAP. The F-89 simply vanished from radar once it engaged with the UAP and never returned. Zero wreckage or pilots' remains were ever recovered.

Here is the official aircraft accident report dated 23rd Nov 1953

edit on 15-8-2023 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 15/8/2023 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Stole this from Reddit.

I don't know, does look like an official report to those who know? How would you even go about covering up something like that? The poor Pilot no doubt had family and friends who would have liked closure. Maybe he and Valentich are playing cards somewhere on another planet?
Too many questions and not enough answers.

Anyway, interesting if true.

In 1953, US Air Defense Command tracked a UAP in restricted airspace over Lake Superior. A Northrop F-89C Scorpion was scrambled to intercept the UAP. The F-89 simply vanished from radar once it engaged with the UAP and never returned. Zero wreckage or pilots' remains were ever recovered.

Here is the official aircraft accident report dated 23rd Nov 1953

man the f-89 was such a weird aircraft. way ahead of its time in a technical sense, but still having that early jet look. Another thing is no one ever thinks of it as being as large as it was, but it was probably twice as big as any of its contemporaries. Jack Northrup was a genius for sure. I believe it was replaced by f-102 and then the f-106. A very under appreciated aircraft.

I will read this report tomorrow. Seems interesting.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Just noticed it says in the report that the U-A was a Royal Canadian Air Force Dakota (C-47), Serial No. VC-912, flying from Winnipeg to Sudbury, Canada.
The only real mystery here is what happened to the Pilot and Plane?

new topics

join