It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Conspiracy...... BE AWARE

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saloon
a reply to: redchad

As recorded in history verifies his existence
in the biggest way.

You got me interested again! Just where in recorded history is his existence verified? And please don't say the bible.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: redchad

You know what happened I had a pretty good size post for ya.
No smoking gun just more arguementation and right when I
was wrapping it up. I lost my internet and I'm so bent right now
and feel like I'm not supposed to be doing this anymore.

So I'm just gonna agree to disagree for now. Even so I
was enjoying the volley til that happened.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Saloon
No problem I’m sure we’ll cross swords again! Have a good weekend.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

From the beginning of human civilization priests and 'holy men' have invented pious nonsense. For the priesthood the rewards have been immense: power, prestige and wealth. They have fused with, and become part of, the ruling elite.
But times of social stress have always seen the emergence of a counter-priesthood, radicals or fundamentalists, preaching a purity of fable; ascetics, puritans and fanatics who revile and castigate a corrupt and worldly religious establishment and offer themselves as apostles of Truth and Divine Wisdom.
Rome's 1st century colonisation and exploitation of Judaea placed huge stresses on a theocracy that had enjoyed absolute power under the Maccabean kings and had been placated and indulged even by Herod the Great. Pharisees on the one hand – rabbinic guardians of a religious correctness, not part of the Temple hierarchy– and Essenes on the other – egalitarian purists, who withdrew to their own communities and lived by their own rule – trained the cadres, and fashioned the earliest ideology, for a radical recasting of Judaism.
A century of endemic rebellion, civil war, and wars of national resistance, leading ultimately to catastrophic defeat, made ready the seed bed for a violent and profound religious revolution
The earliest Christian communities, remote from power and lacking in wealth, were led by charismatic agitators, peripatetic "prophets" and "teachers" who claimed their doom-laden message was received directly from the Holy Spirit of God (Acts 13.2; 15.23, etc., confirms as much). Their doctrine was spontaneous, variable and idiosyncratic.
Tellingly, the handful of late 1st century / early 2nd century writers (Paul, Clement, Barnabas, Papias) did not quote Jesus at all. They say nothing, or next to nothing, of humanoid "Jesus actions" or miracles. The virgin-born, miracle-working, godman of later legend was unknown to them. When their fantasy required the endorsement of higher authority they turned instead to Jewish scripture, to the patriarchs, the prophets and the supposed utterances of the Jewish God himself

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: redchad
a reply to: Saloon
No problem I’m sure we’ll cross swords again! Have a good weekend.

Thanks for your understanding. It was a welcome surprize and will
be remembered when crossing those swords again.

Soon

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I would think Jesus would understand there are different variations on His name and understand that a person praying was focused on him…like a Spanish guy named Miguel would probably know that Michael was the English way of saying his name or…an Italian guy named Giovanni knowing the English pronunciation John etc…

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I imagine the Greek spelling of his name had a lot to do with translating things to the masses…a lot of things in the Bible are more about ideas and concepts than concrete exact spellings or descriptions of appearances it probably doesn’t even matter what you call Jesus as long as you understand what he said about how to live your life…

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join