It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PBBM: Gov't must equip citizens to fight disinformation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

PBBM (President Bongbong Marcos): Gov't must equip citizens to fight disinformation
By Anna Leah Gonzales and Benjamin Pulta August 14, 2023, 7:49 pm

MANILA – President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. has urged Filipinos to always fight and seek the truth as the government made a unified stand against the scourge of divisive false narratives and fake news.

Marcos led the signing Monday of a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on its Media and Information Literacy (MIL) campaign with Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Secretary Cheloy Velicaria-Garafil, officials of other government agencies and representatives of major social media platforms.

Aside from PCO, the campaign's lead agency, the MIL drive will involve the Departments of Education (DepEd), Interior and Local Government (DILG), Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) and the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).

The private sector participants include Meta (Facebook, Instagram and Threads), Google, TikTok and X (formerly Twitter).

Marcos said the MIL program is about fighting for the truth.

www.pna.gov.ph
pbbm.com.ph

The Philippines seem pretty liberal, but this sounds like another "Ministry of Truth" situation. Notice the lineup of the usual private sector suspects. It makes me wonder who's paying who to push this type of public/private collaboration in the Philippines that are so close to China and other influences.

The NWO style control is plain to see here IMO.
edit on 14-8-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Because they are liberal it is indeed similar to "Ministry of Truth". Not good at all, only one 'truth' allowed : what government says it is.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Listen.....

What they're saying is right - nothing but fake and divisive news as far as the eye can see.

On the flip side, government is no better and their departments will do the same.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Is say you nailed it- let the government decide what the truth is and get nothing but propaganda

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I've been paying attention to the Philippines and India hoping to get information on China's activities outside of Western media. This story wasn't the type of story I was looking for, but it caught my eye nonetheless. It looks like the modus operandi of the NWO to me, an illustration of what they are doing around the globe, including the States.

top topics

join