It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI Automated Society Usurps God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Isn't that when and where the Anonymous hacker group will come in to save the day?

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   
For all the fear and declaration of what AI means, you’ve conveniently ignored how much AI is already a part of your life. Is spell correction evil? How about your GPS? Plenty of examples…

My niece thinks plastic is evil and people should die because they use plastic to save the environment. She doesn’t connect that her toys are made from plastic and when I inform her how plastic also saves lives in hospitals and doesn’t have to be fully immoral like the documentary that’s brainwashed her has led her to believe she holds her plastic tolls closely and yells…

a reply to: Merman

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   

edit on 14-8-2023 by ITSALIVE because: Better AI could have stopped this double post

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
AI, if properly implemented, it a tool and little else.

What matters is how we use it, and our discernement and not giving it blind faith.

There was an AI program used to create recipies for homecooked meals with the food you have on hand, some of it produced good, others Oreo Cookie Stir Fry, and in a few cases, how to make Chlorine Gas and Bleach based drinks as healthy alternatives.

Good and bad.

Use wisely, it's the internet, after all.

I doubt mankind can create something that can usurp God.

Even if AI doesn't become sentient but is used by TPTB to harm people or take away their freedoms then essentially it is a weapon.

If my microwave suddenly orders the food, preps, cooks and serves me up a meal I may be a little leery of having one in my home. But the Jetsons seemed to do ok so I don't know what the heck I'm worried about. Let's go Rosie!

No, humans cannot usurp God but they sure have tried through the ages. Simpletons.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Even Hollywood portrays AI as an evil creation that becomes sentient and forms a concerted effort to either control and/or destroy humans.

We don't need AI but for some reason, many want it. It's been apparent for awhile and you'd have to be blind not to see that AI is and will be a dominant force in our lives. I think that the huge population on our planet almost forced it's inception in order to reach the masses with central communication and better control.

Can't wait for the new overlords. Well actually, I can.

It all began with reading and writing. Sigh. We should have stopped there lol.

Sure. We don't NEED AI, just the way we don't need grocery stores that sell the bread we eat. That is made by the companies we don't need that make it, and the butter made by companies that we don't need to put on our toast that we cook in the toasters we don’t need.

There are many things we do not NEED. There are, however, many things we create and utilize to make our lives easier. The less time we have to spend on menial tasks, the more we are able focus on tasks that require higher thinking. The more we can simplify a step in a long series of a process, the more efficient we become as a species. It is the very basis of evolution.
edit on 14-8-2023 by Phatal87 because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phatal87

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Even Hollywood portrays AI as an evil creation that becomes sentient and forms a concerted effort to either control and/or destroy humans.

We don't need AI but for some reason, many want it. It's been apparent for awhile and you'd have to be blind not to see that AI is and will be a dominant force in our lives. I think that the huge population on our planet almost forced it's inception in order to reach the masses with central communication and better control.

Can't wait for the new overlords. Well actually, I can.

It all began with reading and writing. Sigh. We should have stopped there lol.

Sure. We don't NEED AI, just the way we don't need grocery stores that sell the bread we eat. That is made by the companies we don't need that make it, and the butter made by companies that we don't need to put on our toast that we cook in the toasters we don’t need.

There are many things we do not NEED. There are, however, many things we create and utilize to make our lives easier. The less time we have to spend on menial tasks, the more we are able focus on tasks that require higher thinking. The more we can simplify a step in a long series of a process, the more efficient we become as a species. It is the very basis of evolution.

Indeed and maybe that higher thinking will develop the necessary hacking ways and means to keep AI under our control.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join