It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is Answering Your Prayers - Are You Paying Attention?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 10:09 PM
link   
"From of old no one has heard or given ear, Nor has any eye seen a God except you, Who acts in behalf of those who keep in expectation of him.-Isaiah 64:4.

There are those who pray to God and see how he acts on their behalf. And yet there are others who pray and say that God has not answered.

God says that he hears all sincere prayers directed toward him. And he gives us this assurance:

"He will surely show you favor at the sound of your cry for help; he will answer you as soon as he hears it."- Isaiah 18:19.

Those who approach the throne of God's tender mercies and undeserved kindness with sincerity of heart are assured that he listens to their prayers. And he answers as soon as he hears it.

But why then does it seem like he is so slow in answering some prayers? Why does suffering and evil still exist? Why doesn't he remove all the temptations, trials, and suffering that happens in our lives?

The answer has to do with the issue of universal sovereignty that was raised in the garden of Eden. Satan in effect said that God's way of ruling was not good. That God was evil. What would God have proved if he just destroyed Satan the Devil and the rebels Adam and Eve at the beginning? Certainly that he is stronger. But would it really have proven that Satan was wrong? The question of the rightness of God's universal Sovereignty, now that it was raised, would have been left hanging. So God allowed evil to run its course. But he has set a day to correct it. Until then he is patiently waiting to act in our behalf. To correct all things, and he will. In his time, not our time.

All prayers that are thus in harmony with his will he answers. But not all prayers are in harmony with God's will. What motivates a person to pray to God? He sees into the heart. Is it possible a person is praying for a selfish reason?

God also see all things and knows how best to answer a prayer. And isn't it true, if like a child that gets everything they ask for from a parent, the child actually just becomes the master and the parents the slaves of the child's every whim, would that not be the case if God gave a person everything they asked for immediately? Would that not distort the relationship between Creator and servant? Would a wise God really give a person who is limited in experience and understanding everything that person asks for?

We have this assurance by God:

"Jehovah is waiting patiently to show you favor, And he will rise up to show you mercy. For Jehovah is a God of justice. Happy are all those keeping in expectation of him."-Isiah 30:18-21.

We learn several things from this passage. Firstly, Jehovah is patient to show us favor. 2 Peter 3:9 says that God is not slow as we consider slowness but he is patient because he does not desire any to be destroyed but all to attain to repentance. Is it possible that God's patience can make us impatient? We need to have a waiting attitude as does Jehovah God who will indeed act. And he will do so soon.

It is possible that even by the means of this message to the gentle reader God may be answering a prayer. He is alive and is a happy God. He is directing humankind gently and patiently toward salvation.

Do you hear God answer your prayers? Is your eye of discernment open to perceive how he is operating in your life?

This wicked world will soon crumble. That means the 3 elements that make it up with dissolve. The Bible clearly shows us that Satan is the ruler of the world. And he controls the religious, commercial, and political elements in it. False religions will soon be destroyed. This may seem harsh but it is just on God's part. And after that the political and commercial elements of Satan's system will clash with Jehovah and be done away with by the sword protruding from Jesus' mouth, when he will ride forth on a white horse of righteousness to wage war with wicked humanity on the day of Jehovah' s anger at Armageddon.

To the gentle reader that knows who Jehovah is and already serves him the encouragement is given to remain alert and to guard patience. He will act right on time! Also to those who have not yet come out of false religion, or who take part of Satan's political system of things, by taking sides in elections, and wars, you still have time to repent, to flee false religion, and cultivate neutrality with respects the political governments of this world in Satan's hands.

Consider the patience of God, not as slowness, but as salvation as he is still giving many time to adjust their lives, to listen to his warning calls, and to repent:

"Therefore, beloved ones, since you are awaiting these things, do your utmost to be found finally by him spotless and unblemished and in peace. Furthermore, consider the patience of our Lord as salvation"-2 Peter 3:14-15.

Won't leave the following for long. Just wanted to share it here with the reader. A beautiful movie based on real events. And the lessons of maintaining political neutrality, of being patient, heeding the warning, and being obedient as God listens and is actively answering our prayers and directing all things for the good of those that love him.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I know this might seem rather silly, but I recently had a prayer answered.

I've been having horrible migraines for several months, every day, non-stop from wake to sleep.

OTC pain relievers did nothing.

Usually I just suffer through them, but I prayed earnestly the other night and haven't had a headache in two days.

I struggle with prayer, as I was raised not to ask for anything to discourage me from being too needy, but I am learning that in some circumstances it's ok to pray for myself instead of others.

Still getting used to it, but so grateful the Lord answered my prayers to alieviate the headaches.

I frequently fall asleep taking stock of my life and becoming aware of His workings throughout the course of my existence, and everytime I realize his interventions, I say a deep and profound thank you.

I don't exepct my every whim to be indulged, but He has always been there when I needed him most, and I still hold true that my suffering and times of darkness were for a reason.

My schizophrenia is a lot more manageable these days, and the majority of spiritual assaults on my person have all but ceased.

He is indeed merciful.

edit on 8/14/23 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   
You say tomato...
You call them prayers, others call them wishes, others again call them spells. Whatever.

Yes they work, but it's not a god thing. Nobody really knows why often what we wish for happens.

All I know is that you certainly don't have to be a god believer.
It is open to any human, and I'd guess sentient animals too.
It works.

So it's a natural force. Maybe to do with our inter connectedness with everything. Science won't touch it yet.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

absolutely agree

Its why thoughts are important. There is a weird power to focused thought. I have tested it. I have firm confirmation of it. To the point that it has scared me enough to be careful of my thoughts. Perhaps it was coincidence. Perhaps it wasn't. But it has happened more than once. So now I try to focus my thoughts wisely. And I do pray. And meditate. All the same. The new agers call it manifesting. I don't know about that. Intention is important. Always check your motives. If they aren't loving, don't do it. Dont pray to 'get em'. Its really easy to pray for those you love, so remember to pray for those you don't love.

edit on 8/14/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: Hecate666

absolutely agree

Its why thoughts are important. There is a weird power to focused thought. I have tested it. I have firm confirmation of it. To the point that it has scared me enough to be careful of my thoughts. Perhaps it was coincidence. Perhaps it wasn't. But it has happened more than once. So now I try to focus my thoughts wisely. And I do pray. And meditate. All the same. The new agers call it manifesting. I don't know about that. Intention is important. Always check your motives. If they aren't loving, don't do it. Dont pray to 'get em'. Its really easy to pray for those you love, so remember to pray for those you don't love.

Good reminder CoyoteAngel. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those that persecute you. And love those who hate you. Conquer the evil with the good.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I know this might seem rather silly, but I recently had a prayer answered.

I've been having horrible migraines for several months, every day, non-stop from wake to sleep.

OTC pain relievers did nothing.

Usually I just suffer through them, but I prayed earnestly the other night and haven't had a headache in two days.

I struggle with prayer, as I was raised not to ask for anything to discourage me from being too needy, but I am learning that in some circumstances it's ok to pray for myself instead of others.

Still getting used to it, but so grateful the Lord answered my prayers to alieviate the headaches.

I frequently fall asleep taking stock of my life and becoming aware of His workings throughout the course of my existence, and everytime I realize his interventions, I say a deep and profound thank you.

I don't exepct my every whim to be indulged, but He has always been there when I needed him most, and I still hold true that my suffering and times of darkness were for a reason.

My schizophrenia is a lot more manageable these days, and the majority of spiritual assaults on my person have all but ceased.

He is indeed merciful.

It doesn't sound silly at all. And no one should ever doubt another in this regard. If you pray for something in accord to God's will and it comes to pass no one should pass it off as chance. Every perfect present and all that is good comes down from our heavenly Father in the heaven:

Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights.-James 1:17.

God is the hearer of prayer. And he is aware of all who pray. And he pays attention to all sincere hearts. And answers all prayers that are in harmony with his will. We should never doubt, but always pray with faith.

Pray to the true God. Actually I am reminded of a woman whose experience I watched some time ago as she ran away from the killing fields of Cambodia, and lost in the jungle, knowing there must be a true God, prayed to him...

Here it is:

My Search for the True God

edit on 14-8-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

I agree

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Perhaps God does not answer the prayers of satan. Whilst we exist with the mind of satan our prayers remain unanswered. The mind of satan is only interested in its own welfare. It does not see that others are in even worse positions than us. It wants its own needs serviced before others needs are serviced. That mind is really only concerned with its own egotistical needs. It wants luxury, it wants a new car, it wants a new mobile phone, it wants to be saved in heaven.

A true servant of God will want to remain on earth until all others have achieved heaven before himself. That true servant of God is a giver, never concerns God with prayers of taking.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 08:50 PM
link   
He must be answering my prayers, because my husband has had 2 serious surgeries this year, and is still in a physical therapy facility for the last few months, getting his leg strength and ability to walk back again.
Thought I was going to lose him, and he is not that old, but he is improving steadily.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
A true servant of God will want to remain on earth until all others have achieved heaven before himself. That true servant of God is a giver, never concerns God with prayers of taking.

The Buddhists call that type of being a Bodhisattva, one who forgoes Heaven (Nirvana) in order to reincarnate to help others transcend their suffering and being caught up in the Cycle of Samsara (rebirth, Dharma).

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

thank you for the info General Eyes.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

A pleasure to be of service.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
He must be answering my prayers, because my husband has had 2 serious surgeries this year, and is still in a physical therapy facility for the last few months, getting his leg strength and ability to walk back again.
Thought I was going to lose him, and he is not that old, but he is improving steadily.

That is sad to hear, and good! What I have learned is that God may not always give us a miraculous cure for our problems. But he can and does give us wisdom. I know for myself personally, and for my wife when we have something we always pray for wisdom to understand and deal with what is going on. I have always seen this to be the case in my life personally, that when I need the wisdom to know what to do God has always guided me. I will even ask for God to give the doctors the wisdom to treat me correctly, when I go to the doctors because of a serious problem.

Sometimes the help from Jehovah comes in the form of comfort from his word the Bible. The hope he has given us when a day will come when no one will say they are sick. And the assurance that even death is just temporary. And both our loved ones, and we ourselves, who remain in God's everlasting memory will be raised back to life in much better conditions when God will have done away with all evil.

"Jehovah is close to the brokenhearted; He saves those who are crushed in spirit."-Psalm 34:18.

"And no resident will say: 'I am sick.'"-Isaiah 34:24.

"And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”-Revelation 21:4.

You Will See

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Maybe prayers aren't being answered because the overwhelming majority of Christians pray in a manner that goes directly against what Jesus himself teaches us.
He lays it out very clearly in Matthew 6.
---
Matthew 6:5-14
5 “And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. 7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.

8 “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. 9 In this manner, therefore, pray:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

14 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

I see and hear people every day babbling on and on in public prayers, and it is exactly what Jesus says to NOT do.

I make this observation as a person who has a great interest in theology, but am not a true believer.
I wish I could blindly believe, but my brain just won't allow it.
I honestly envy those that can.

edit on 15-8-2023 by GroundZero because: format

edit on 15-8-2023 by GroundZero because: format

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: GroundZero
Maybe prayers aren't being answered because the overwhelming majority of Christians pray in a manner that goes directly against what Jesus himself teaches us.
He lays it out very clearly in Matthew 6.
---
Matthew 6:5-14
5 “And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. 7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.

8 “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. 9 In this manner, therefore, pray:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

14 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

I see and hear people every day babbling on and on in public prayers, and it is exactly what Jesus says to NOT do.

I make this observation as a person who has a great interest in theology, but am not a true believer.
I wish I could blindly believe, but my brain just won't allow it.
I honestly envy those that can.

Without a doubt praying to someone other than God (false gods, "so-called saints" etc.) is in vain. And like you said, having no real motivation in the prayer, but rather mechanical, by rote, prayers with no heart, maybe even prayers that are recited over and over are not heard by God.

All prayers that are to the true God Jehovah in sincerity and according to his will he does hear, and he does answer. It is also important to use the proper channel. Jesus said that he is the way to the Father. So approaching the heavenly Father Jehovah in prayer in Jesus' name is needed.

The model prayer you quoted is an excellent tool to understand what is proper and good to pray for according to God's will. The first and foremost is to have God's name, Jehovah sanctified. In fact it isn't all about us. It's mostly about God and his good and holy name. Next prayers for God's kingdom to come. We realize that this system of things in Satan's hands is only temporary and humankind will not fix the problems we face. So praying for God's kingdom, in Jesus' hands, to come, it will fix all the pressing problems we face today, including getting rid of sickness, poverty, natural disasters, crime, and even death, is proper and in line with Jehovah's will!

"And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that no matter what we ask according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us concerning whatever we are asking, we know that we are to have the things we ask for, since we have asked them of him."-1 John 5:14.

But God never asked you to have blind faith, or believe without proof. Your mind shouldn't allow you to do that. And that definitely is not the faith of a true believer. Faith follows the thing heard. It is based on realities, thought not yet beheld, that are beyond doubt:

"Faith is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen."-Hebrews 11:1.

Jehovah himself asks you to test him out in this regard, and see if he will not open the storehouses of the heavens until there is no more want:

"Test me out, please, in this regard,” Jehovah of armies says, “to see whether I will not open to you the floodgates of the heavens and pour out on you a blessing until there is nothing lacking.”-Malachi 3:10.

A man of faith has faith because Jehovah God has given it to him. It is a fruitage of God's holy spirit, and it is a miraculous gift by God. One way to have real faith is by praying to God and seeing him operate in your life as he answers your prayers.

edit on 15-8-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join