It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Fight to Protect Womans Sports - Texas 'Save Womens Sports Act' Signed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: FlyersFan2

perhaps they can enact a law that if someone spits on you, you are legally invited to beat the piss out of them.
Kind of like the "he needed killin" defence.

In this day and age that could be interpreted as attempted murder. With all the new diseases and such. And don't forget the cooties!
edit on 12-8-2023 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AdifferentOpinion

The hubris required to state that most people think the same as you can be very logically blinding. I'd say most women actually do agree with this law, so thats at least around 50% and there are enough men that also agree that it makes up for the really stupid women.

Do you want to rethink your dismissive allegation about what people think and how important something like this is to them.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

ATS's "true colors" has always been an open and tempered discussion. Your post appears to be disgruntled that this thread is even allowed. The thread author has stated their opinion and backed it with citation. The story cited is factual. You have an opportunity to state your own opinion in an arena where all members have agreed to certain standards of civility (T&Cs). Calling out ATS itself as being biased by merely hosting this open-minded forum doesn't do your view much service.

Perhaps you might like to state your view and debate/discuss with others. If you've read the Terms and Conditions of Use which we've all agreed to honor, you might discover that ATS/TAN and its management strive toward editorial neutrality. That doesn't mean that owners, members, staff can't express their own view. It means that the ATS body itself isn't "letting" anything shine through. Speak your peace, please, and be well.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Here's a recent one that injured some actual women players. Put some nail polish on and call it good, I guess.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

ATS's "true colors" has always been an open and tempered discussion. Your post appears to be disgruntled that this thread is even allowed. The thread author has stated their opinion and backed it with citation. The story cited is factual. You have an opportunity to state your own opinion in an arena where all members have agreed to certain standards of civility (T&Cs). Calling out ATS itself as being biased by merely hosting this open-minded forum doesn't do your view much service.

Perhaps you might like to state your view and debate/discuss with others. If you've read the Terms and Conditions of Use which we've all agreed to honor, you might discover that ATS/TAN and its management strive toward editorial neutrality. That doesn't mean that owners, members, staff can't express their own view. It means that the ATS body itself isn't "letting" anything shine through. Speak your peace, please, and be well.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Very good post and I strongly agree with what you said.

Unfortunately in this date and age, and even though there have been many victories for free speech, the proponents of the gender ideology and the trans lobby believe that the thread shouldn't even been allowed. You see they are used to censorship in the woke media that protect the transgender antiscientific nonsense.

Perhaps the member can have a trip on Twitter or TruthSocial where transgender threads appear on a daily basis and ask Elon Musk for example to censor them.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

Appreciate your point of view. I would rather invite the member to participate here one ATS within the spirit and ideals with which this unique site was founded upon. Everyone is free to express their opinion here, as long as that expression is within the T&Cs. That's it. No need to go elsewhere and rant about things. We can rant right here!

I took offense, I admit, at calling out ATS itself for hosting a person's opinion. Some of the threads and posts I have applauded in the past I didn't personally agree with, but appreciated the way the post was constructed and supported; that is -- it was ATS worthy. It takes sand, sometimes to stand and debate here. Some of the most passionate debates I've had here were with people I considered to be friends.

We all have a lot more similarities than differences, yeah?

edit on 12/8/23 by argentus because: added mod tags

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

The hubris required to state that most people think the same as you can be very logically blinding. I'd say most women actually do agree with this law, so thats at least around 50% and there are enough men that also agree that it makes up for the really stupid women.

Do you want to rethink your dismissive allegation about what people think and how important something like this is to them.

Your criticism has been noted and I actually don’t completely disagree with you. I don’t think XY persons who have gone through male puberty should play competitive physical sports against natal females but you can’t deny that “women’s sports” has grabbed a lot more headlines and interest since this whole trans thing got started and that a great deal of this sudden new interest is simply more blown out of proportion manufactured culture war BS.
Certainly for participants and others involved, women’s sports matters but in overall picture, the women’s sports market pales in comparison to that of men’s sports for a variety of reasons that may include sexism and misogyny that might be worth digging deeper into?

Why Don’t People Watch Women’s Sports?
Nobody Cares about Women’s Sports

And to others...

It is not the opinion of others expressing anti-trans sentiments but the glee and relish in which they do so and I don’t think anyone can deny the general tone of ATS when it comes to trans topics is predominantly negative and usually hostile so much so that anyone posting counter opinions or points of view is usually attacked or called names and those rare trans people that have tried to speak up find their words falling on deaf ears to the point where they have all been driven away or simply given up in the face of willful ignorance amongst a sea of close-mindedness. As far as debate and discussion goes, particularly with transgender topics, I don’t see how anyone can think ATS offers a fair and balanced platform that facilitates productive dialogue?

As to the topic of this post, this bill was signed into law in June. Having a signing ceremony now with noted anti-trans crusaders in attendance and making a big show of it is nothing but a rightwing culture war political stunt to fire up conservatives.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   

As far as ATS attitudes towards transpeople, it's pretty much a representative slice of the country.

Nobody gave two #s about a dude in a dress until they started going into womens restrooms, and taking womens places in competitions and opportunities meant for women.

In other words, men discriminating against women isn't going to fly. And you don't get to blame ATS or women or anyone else except the God of Good Sense.

ETA: oh, yeah, and especially, coming after the kids.

edit on 8/12/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Welcome to the fray. Again, this all being member-generated content, ATS offers whatever people think and is a good place for measured discussion. I would not consider disagreement to be unfair or unbalanced. You have a very strong opinion, do you not? Yes, you do. I completely support the expression of your opinion. Most of us do, regardless of whether we agree with you or not.

Maybe instead of making accusations, you might try stating your opinion, and backing it with credible citation. That is the way ATS rolls. You might even find that your most worthy opponents become your friends. Worthy opponents sharpen us, yeah? We wither in an echo chamber.

ATS offers a 'fair and balanced platform' because it endorses and supports the expression of will and opinion of its members. Would you have it otherwise? Would you choose to control the free expression of opinion? No, of course you wouldn't, and neither would most of us.

It takes some time to understand what ATS is about and how to interact here. Suggestion: Instead of anger and accusation, imagine that you are in a debate, and that it is something that you enjoy doing. This is a safe space for just that.

If you believe others are breaching the T&Cs, then by all means alert on the offending post, and staff will review and handle it. This is YOUR space as much as anyone's. Welcome. ;o)
edit on 12/8/23 by argentus because: removed the word "vociferous". Unnecessary.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You whine when the dems spike the ball after signing bills?
Must be a sucky life?

Boys compete with boys
Girls compete with girls

Yay rationality
Boo assholes made the legislature canonize this basic fact

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This bill only seems to cover collegiate athletics in Texas.

Is the same already on the books for high school and lower levels?

I live in Texas and have no clue the answer. Seems the same protections should be at all levels of sport in the state.

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdifferentOpinion
It is not the opinion of others expressing anti-trans sentiments but the glee and relish in which they do so ...

The opening post is facts and supportive opinion of a common sense law.
There was no 'glee and relish' and there were no 'anti trans sentiments'.
Just the facts and my support of the law.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join