It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Jordan Peterson launching online university to counter left-wing bias

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: psychotrail

originally posted by: HeirHeart
a reply to: AlienBorg

I used to be impressed by JP, he's one of the best at arranging and articulating his thoughts. He spoke with passion because they actually were his own thoughts and beliefs. That's why people listened to him, it's tough nowadays to find anyone who's genuinely passionate enough to go against the grain of stupid. Now he's just a mouth piece cashing in on his own brand, and trashing it at the same time. It's like watching a robot, he's not very good at faking passion for a paycheck.

To have been a real fan of such a unique mind, watching it go to waste is painful and truly saddens me. I used to be able to see his inner child at work. I don't see that anymore and my inner child misses him.

JP is a undisciplined hack.
Chris Hedges is way more mint .,

Don't think so.
He's quite brilliant, especially in the way he handles speech, and his arguments are always strong and backed up.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

I used to be impressed by JP, he's one of the best at arranging and articulating his thoughts. He spoke with passion because they actually were his own thoughts and beliefs. That's why people listened to him, it's tough nowadays to find anyone who's genuinely passionate enough to go against the grain of stupid. Now he's just a mouth piece cashing in on his own brand, and trashing it at the same time. It's like watching a robot, he's not very good at faking passion for a paycheck.

To have been a real fan of such a unique mind, watching it go to waste is painful and truly saddens me. I used to be able to see his inner child at work. I don't see that anymore and my inner child misses him.

Don't think so.
He's quite brilliant, especially in the way he handles speech, and his arguments are always strong and backed up.
JP has zero priori thoughts that he teaches. He is divorced , a drug addict & his daughter seems to be just as delusional in her decisions.
JP just takes words from everyone else , scrambles them up with a bit of truth , lies & conjecture.
Now just , because JP is a mess doesn’t make him dumb , but Jung he is not & all the crying is ridiculous.
If you want to listen to people who could speak with a mastery of English as well steel trap mechanisms, check out Vidal , Amis & Hitchens .
JP is imo a person who took the Dunning Kruger effect to far & it is imploding on him .
The JP “ un gars sympa “ era is over .
I use to be a fan of his , but after years of listening to him , he says the same regurgitated crap over & over plus little of his theories are his own .
Just another bullsnip artist , although he is a great bs artist.
Chris Hedges is 10 times smarter & unique in many of his thoughts. Check him out .
edit on 10-8-2023 by psychotrail because: Oven

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Don't think so.
JP has zero priori thoughts that he teaches. He is divorced , a drug addict & his daughter seems to be just as delusional in her decisions.
JP just takes words from everyone else , scrambles them up with a bit of truth , lies & conjecture.
Now just , because JP is a mess doesn’t make him dumb , but Jung he is not & all the crying is ridiculous.
If you want to listen to people who could speak with a mastery of English as well steel trap mechanisms, check out Vidal , Amis & Hitchens .
JP is imo a person who took the Dunning Kruger effect to far & it is imploding on him .
I use to be a fan of his , but after years of listening to him , he says the same regurgitated crap over & over plus little of his theories are his own .
Chris Hedges is 10 times smarter & unique in many of his thoughts. Check him out .

Simply not true.
Completely unsubstantiated claims and personal interpretations. He handles the language very well and he makes very good points. I know Hitchens and he was a great intellectual. But Peterson is also great.
edit on 10-8-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: psychotrail

Chris or Chris bot?

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Don't think so.

Simply not true.
Completely unsubstantiated claims and personal interpretations. He handles the language very well and he makes very good points. I know Hitchens and he was a great intellectual. But Peterson is also great.
JP couldn’t cary Hitchen’s jock strap

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   

a reply to: psychotrail

Chris or Chris bot?
What ?

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Don't think so.

Simply not true.
I could easily say that your fawning over JP is a personal interpretation .

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Don't think so.

Simply not true.
JP is impressive to your average Joe Rogan listener & that bar is not high .

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Don't think so.

Simply not true.
I could easily say that your fawning over JP is a personal interpretation .

The same is true for your statements. But there is a difference, you make comparisons and unsubstantiated claims.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Don't think so.

Simply not true.

Not true.
That's another unsubstantiated claim together with the comparisons you keep making.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Don't think so.

Simply not true.

But it is true he is a serious problem and he causes a lot of problems for the radical left wing ideology.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Did you hear his advice on why you shouldn't try to compliment your 'betters'?

He's hopped up in some blue blazer with lobsters embroidered into the fabric,
everywhere. Sure he says some things which are relevant, even poignant; everyone does.

But not everyone strung out on benzos and fresh from a coma detox
can state that 'your room is a reflection of your mind.......'
with a straight face, for mad stacks

....roomservice?

Cashing in is exactly what's going on.
Another Eddie Barzoon, influencing, oh, I don't know,
who should be allowed in the presidential running.....?

# 1708
edit on 10-8-2023 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 06:36 PM
link   
double post
edit on 08pmThursdayv23 by malvy because: double post

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: malvy

Two years ago I was studying a masters in physics at the Freie Universtiät Berlin, one of the optional courses there was actually called: physics and gender.

??!!

Have they corrupted physics in your country or it was just a course given by another Department on why physics is mainly chosen by male students and much less by female students.

I'm not German, I'm Guatemalan but I chose Germany to pursuit a graduate degree.

It was a course offered by the physics department, offered by a female physicist. You must understand, there are a lot of woke physicist out there. Sadly, being a physicist isn't synonym with being smart or highly intelligent (I'm probably the main example of that, haha).

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Two years ago I was studying a masters in physics at the Freie Universtiät Berlin, one of the optional courses there was actually called: physics and gender.

??!!

Have they corrupted physics in your country or it was just a course given by another Department on why physics is mainly chosen by male students and much less by female students.

I'm not German, I'm Guatemalan but I chose Germany to pursuit a graduate degree.

It was a course offered by the physics department, offered by a female physicist. You must understand, there are a lot of woke physicist out there. Sadly, being a physicist isn't synonym with being smart or highly intelligent (I'm probably the main example of that, haha).

True story; while working at a university in the Physics Department where the prof and students were all male, I happened to stop at the open door to the lab and overheard the males degrading a female physicist who was scheduled to lecture to them in the afternoon. I was so shocked at what I heard I just stood there staring at them...finally one of them saw me and a few of them just gave me a 'contempt' look. Gender and physics imagine that.
edit on q00000043831America/Chicago4444America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

??!!

True story; while working at a university in the Physics Department where the prof and students were all male, I happened to stop at the open door to the lab and overheard the males degrading a female physicist who was scheduled to lecture to them in the afternoon. I was so shocked at what I heard I just stood there staring at them...finally one of them saw me and a few of them just gave me a 'contempt' look. Gender and physics imagine that.

You should read Ben Barres story.

Transgender f/m. Devoted himself to equality for women in science — not transgender issues.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-8-2023 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The sciences need more diverse scientists so newer types of studies or rather freer thinking methodologies within studies can be had and who knows actually find some people's truths.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 08:43 PM
link   

??!!

I have no reason to dismiss you out of hand , not knowing you whatsoever.
Yet, I know of your internet postings, which so often are pure nonsense.
You’ll announce that anecdotal is not enough for others and their beliefs, but quickly show up with the thin gruel of your most anecdotal crap, that you expect everybody to accept as gospel.
It’s childish, nonsense, trash, and you are dismissed.
edit on 10-8-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

??!!

I have no reason to dismiss you, not knowing you whatsoever.
Yet, I know of your internet postings, which so often are pure nonsense.
You’ll announce that anecdotal is not enough for others and their beliefs, but quickly show up with the thin gruel of your most anecdotal crap, that that you expect everybody to accept as gospel.
It’s childish, nonsense, trash, and you are dismissed.

The truth is hard to take, I know. I will allow you to keep within your comfort zone and so we are done.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

The sciences need more diverse scientists so newer types of studies or rather freer thinking methodologies within studies can be had and who knows actually find some people's truths.

YES!

It’s really shocking to me, at almost 77, to personally (in real time) experience that there are still such ignorant and closed minded STUCK people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join