It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a dude what dudes "turn you on"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I am a man and I have many male friends who have turned me on. When I say turn me on I mean that something about them has made its way into my very being. I have had a weak parental input so have had to make up the deficit with men and women from the arts and media. These have been religious figures, writers, poets, music artists and actors.

Christ has turned me on more than any. The prophets and saints have too. King David has turned me on. Peter, Paul, John and James (His brother) turned me on.

In history the tragedy of Mark Anthony turned me on. Winston Churchill turns me. Joseph Conrad, Charles Dickens, TS Eliot, Bob Dylan all have turned me on.

The ones I am most intimate with have been Jesus, TS Eliot, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley and Haile Selassie, and Joseph Conrad. These dudes really have helped me more than any other human beings. I have played off them all to achieve my own self. I needed them to find the clarity and individualism of my being.

Now there is a special actor who turns me on big time. His name is Richard Burton. Richard is perhaps the best male actor of the twentieth century. He is ferocious in his style. James Dean is attractive, Orson Welles is intellectual, but Richard is more than this sum. I have been watching his movies lately and am very impressed as I write from the 2020s. He plays a lot of priestly as well as historical parts. He could act just about any role. He draws you into his character and lets you become them too.

His performance of Mark Antony in "Antony and Cleopatra" is timeless and magical. It is full on timeless theatre. It is like you can share in the feelings of glory and tragedy of the Roman characters. I am so impressed with his performances I clap at the end of the movies.

I am a very liberated guy and can say that a man is attractive. Richard Burton in those roles of Becket,Goddard, Dysart and Rev Lawrence captures so much of what was British, its weaknesses and ultimate failures. A nation is only as good as what it bases its foundation on and the people who live its spirit.

Richard makes me think with his acting. That is an amazing gift to have. I can see what Elizabeth Taylor saw in him. Movies, though often historically unstable, can give us the vibes of the times. They are important for history too.These movies will always be important to us and only gain in importance as we move further away from them in time.

As Thomas Becket:

As O'Brien in "1984"

What a serious quality dude! He struggled with alcohol and died aged 58, but his life was lived as a "feast of friends" (quoting Jim Morrison). He didn't just marry Elizabeth Taylor once. He married her twice just for emphasis. Who has lived it up like that?

I am a man who loves men. I don't want to sleep with them, but they are my everything. They are all wandering around inside my mind causing their artistic havoc. I love it. I have turned my mind into a playground of creativity. That is what living is about for me. It is a feast of friends in my mind. All have been programmed and coded in via their art. TS Eliot and I are having a constant relationship in the firefly jungle of my neuron mind.

Their art is never in vain. No Bob, your love is not in vain.

In his authority of presentation Richard makes me swoon. I am liberal and the male tour de force of men like him is strong. He would have made a very dangerous and alluring politician indeed. Thank goodness he used it all up on acting and women instead, to our benefit too.

edit on 3-8-2023 by Merman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 04:32 AM
link   
None but the 6 or 7 I have in my bed. But one likes Blondie and I think another likes Bring Me the Horizon. ..
edit on 3-8-2023 by firstofAkhet because: punctuation.,,

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 04:52 AM
link   
A Dude who gets turned on by Dudes is called a "Dudettes".

The true "Dude" abides naturally.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 04:55 AM
link   
So sad you had to be 'turned on' by caricatures, unstable's, and drug addicts rather than a real father figure.

RB is an amazing actor for sure... and that voice (in JW's WOTW), and Conrad's writing is exemplary. But is that the real person?

But if they helped... then best of luck to you...

a reply to: Merman

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Richard Burton was a fantastic actor.

A little-known movie he starred in is "The Medusa Touch" (1978)... one of my favourites. In particular, the court scene is powerful.

Full movie is on YT:

Court scene:

He was also in another old movie I enjoyed as a kid, The Wild Geese (also 1978).

edit on 3/8/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 06:16 AM
link   

As to humans and their true face, I tend to think like the little prince, "the essential is invisible to the eye, only the heart can see clearly."
from my experience the heart is not seeing anything when your not actually spending time with the person...

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Turning someone on is sexual. As in here you are, minding your business and suddenly, someone turns on that switch in your groins.
Maybe it's just a bad choice of words and you meant inspire, awe, teaches, look up to, admire, idolise, like etc.

Sorry I'm a woman, but I couldn't help messing in.
You may be gay, but so religious that you can't accept it.
So you make a borderline post which actually turns you on or to test the waters, or to have the freedom to list your fancies but retract and explain it away.

There is nothing wrong with being gay. I just don't know any hetero dudes who use the word turn on when referring to other men.
I know they play the game, which man would you shag if you had to, but that is kind of funny and doesn't imply pleasure. So they can save face.

Ok, I'll get me women's coat...

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Narcisissts are very alluring. They are all actors playing a part, all the time.

There is a reason for the vampire myths: narcissists

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 07:51 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CovertAgenda
I am not sure it is sad. Especially as the OP understands the effect of a broken family on his preposition to idolise these poeple.

new topics

top topics

join