It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to Lawless Illinois

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Attention criminals! Come one, come all, to the new no cash bail society that is Illinois!! Want to rob a gas station and then be put back out on the street to do some more damage while you await your "trial", come on down!

As of September 18, 2023, Illinois will no longer be doing cash bail.

www.foxnews.com...

What does that mean exactly? Glad you asked. It means that if you commit a crime, no matter what it is, you will be arrested, processed, then set free once again to do as you please while you wait on a "trial". Why would they do this you ask? Well the cash bail system is just so inherently racist, as set forth by the left, and it makes it hard for those less fortunate to pay bail so have to sit in jail awaiting trial for a crime THEY committed. Instead of being out on the street to commit more crimes, possibly even worse than the ones they got scooped up for the first time. How dare we hold people accountable for their actions.......what a novel concept.

Crime is going to increase and the police are going to start leaving. This is a no win situation and they are just making the state more dangerous for all involved. Never more has this been a, backhanded, cry to "defund the police" than anything we have seen so far.

Any state that would think this is even close to a good idea deserves what they have coming in the end.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

You missed the most important part - the context.

Under the new law, judges across Illinois will not require those charged with a crime to post bail in order to leave jail while they await trial. However, those who are considered to be a threat to the public or are likely to flee will be required to stay in jail.

www.npr.org...

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

You fail to realize what color this state is - blue

These states are very known to have repeat offenders, that were released on bail already, back out on the streets where they then proceed to commit more crimes. If they were deemed to be bail worthy before, that almost guarantees they will be let go now.

Otherwise, they would have been held on no bail before this asinine law got pushed through.
edit on 1-8-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   
A judge still has their discretion to offer no bail or hold an alleged offender in jail. At least that's my understanding of the bill. Regardless it's a slap in the face to law abiding citizens in Illinois. One of many such slaps Illinois residents have received from Prickster. They are trying to restrict our access to firearms at the same time.
These politicians care more about criminals than honest, tax paying citizens. At what point does the citizenry hold them accountable for their piss poor leadership and policies?
Damn sheep!

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: americanbuffalo1

Read my reply to the previous commenter in regards to your initial comment.

That's all it ever is with these blue state politicians, they look for the ones who they can squeeze votes out of any ways they can. For better or worse.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Under the new law, judges across Illinois will not require those charged with a crime to post bail in order to leave jail while they await trial. However, those who are considered to be a threat to the public or are likely to flee will be required to stay in jail.

www.npr.org...

how about you explain in detail what that would look like. What crimes would constitute a threat to the public, and how could you just put those folks away without due process?

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

These states are very known to have repeat offenders, that were released on bail already, back out on the streets where they then proceed to commit more crimes. If they were deemed to be bail worthy before, that almost guarantees they will be let go now.

Otherwise, they would have been held on no bail before this asinine law got pushed through.

I've witnessed many bail hearings from my past employment and the judges know what they are doing, believe me.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I've witnessed many bail hearings from my past employment and the judges know what they are doing, believe me.

so you speak for all the Soros funded DA's and judges? You must be an important paralegal.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   

the judges know what they are doing, believe me.

That's a good one. If they knew what they were doing, they would know that eliminating cash bail is going to raise crime rates in the state and, in turn, cause more property damage, personal injury, homicide, murder, gang crime, etc.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Welcome to Lawless Hellinois

Fixed that for ya.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   

the judges know what they are doing, believe me.

That's a good one. If they knew what they were doing, they would know that eliminating cash bail is going to raise crime rates in the state and, in turn, cause more property damage, personal injury, homicide, murder, gang crime, etc.

It's quite interesting actually because the older systemic laws put in place are proven to be racist and need to be looked at with a fair eye.

Keith Grant, a Lake County public defender and Pretrial Implementation Task Force member, said that citing and releasing people committing less serious offenses provides better outcomes, saves taxpayer money and frees officers to remain on the beat.

“We find that when defendants are detained even for as little as, research shows, three days, they can become destabilized to the point of lacking all of the social netting resources that they would have otherwise had,” Grant said. “Keeping people in custody when they don't need to be actually creates a risk of harm to the community.”

news.stlpublicradio.org...

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

www.npr.org...

how about you explain in detail what that would look like. What crimes would constitute a threat to the public, and how could you just put those folks away without due process?

It appears they are still working out all the kinks in detailing what and whom would be a threat to the public and how detaining lesser threats cause more harm to the community, and to taxpayers.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:51 AM
link   

They've been doing that here in Houston since 2020. more than 150 people were murdered here by criminals out on no bail or minimal bail in 2022.

Harris County also has like a 3 year back log on trial cases and 80%+ people don't show up to court dates.

Get out of cities.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   

You claim them to be "proven racist", yet your quote shows nothing about racism.

Care to explain?

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   

What does that mean exactly? Glad you asked. It means that if you commit a crime, no matter what it is, you will be arrested, processed, then set free once again to do as you please while you wait on a "trial".

Let me elaborate.
It means if you commit a crime you will be arrested, processed, and then set free as you wait JUST like the people that had money to pay CASH bail. That is the only difference.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1
A judge still has their discretion to offer no bail or hold an alleged offender in jail. At least that's my understanding of the bill. Regardless it's a slap in the face to law abiding citizens in Illinois. One of many such slaps Illinois residents have received from Prickster. They are trying to restrict our access to firearms at the same time.
These politicians care more about criminals than honest, tax paying citizens. At what point does the citizenry hold them accountable for their piss poor leadership and policies?
Damn sheep!

Vote with your shoes

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I know Jag. I have an aged mother I need to keep an eye on otherwise I would be long gone from here. Just like you, I will escape this mess of a state.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96the removal of cash bail systems have already been implemented in many states. The supposed statistics of higher crime rates etc. etc. are completely unsubstantiated. The statistics which CAN be verfied show exactly why these obsolete systems are being scrapped. They have been shown and exposed to have an incredible amount of racial bias and corruption (like much of the modern justice sytem) so with new generations online and in charge changes are being made...thats it 🤷 Stop being afraid of change...

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: FishsticksAndKetchup

There is no fear of change, I have bene dealing with that my entire life.

Corruption is an issue across the board, not just in the justice system.

What are the, alleged, racial biases that are being exposed? And I am not just being confrontational, this is a genuine question to further this discussion, since others can't be bothered to answer the same question when asked.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FishsticksAndKetchup

They have been shown and exposed to have an incredible amount of racial bias...

I keep seeing this, but I have seen no evidence to support it. Just saying it doesn't make it so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join