It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you not entertained?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   
So there has been quite a few good shows in the last couple of years, like for example, i really enjoyed the rings of color, i mean power.. and boys of course, tell me your secrets.. sharps objects.. shining vale.. all good stuff, funny ones too like dave, or kevin can (Snip) himself. but have i been entertained?

There is one show, i actually just finished rewatching all previous seasons and waiting for the new one, EVIL.

Nothing like having a few beers and candy and watching that show, and its so strange, because i have encountered the many forms of evil that are depicted in the show recently, its quite clever, and in my mind, it portrays evil in the most accurate way. Anyways, have a nice weekend and say hi if you have been watching it and waiting for the next season too.

Oh one more thing.. i hope from does not get cancelled and Severance can figure things out and get the next season rolling.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

edit on 28-7-2023 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I got bored with rings of power.. have not finished it. I spent few hours with it i didn´t find characters or the plot worth watching.. it felt somewhat fake
it missed strong charachers. It was splendid AI scenery i give it that.. but lacked in pretty much all of other.. it might be better later on but boring at least in the few episodes. I liked Lord of the rings but this was missing something.. don´t know what.

I enjoyed Physical 100 and Siren survive the island

edit on 28-7-2023 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The Last Kingdom is my all time favorite, but others that thoroughly entertained me recently are Warrior, Them, and Banshee.

Eta Evil looks cool! I'll check it out after I catch up on Warrior season 3.
edit on 28-7-2023 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I was just reminded of the "Dude this sucks" episode that went very wrong.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Sorry, double post.
edit on 29-7-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I liked the last 4 episodes of House of the Dragon. I've rated them 9,9,8,9 (similar to IMDB if you round down). Overall though (the whole season), I can't get any higher than 7.3 (I did not like episodes 4 and 5). But it's still the most enjoyable currently running show for me. The last season of The Mandalorian was quite disappointing, as was The Witcher (which was actually horrible, almost as bas as Willow or The Witcher: Blood Origin). Likewise, the latest episodes of Foundation and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds were all disappointing seeing in what direction they have taken these shows, which weren't all that great to begin with anyway, now they got worse. All this takes me to the following updates to my rating list for shows that are still running (amount of content is a big factor for me in this list, more content often means higher ratings, depending on what type of content, fillers are boring to me, dragging out a mystery with character development and background as well; some of these shows I've also downgraded because it's just taking too long for new content, this especially counts for Loki and What If ...?):

House of the Dragon (7.3)* (per episode: 7+7+8+5+4+7+9+9+8+9 = 73)
The Mandalorian (6.5)* (previously 7.1)
Andor (6.4)* (previously 6.7, had to adjust this one based on The Mandalorian still having more quality content, in spite of season 3 mssing the mark)
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (6.3)*
Halo (6.2)*
Loki (6.1)*
Severance (5.3)* (previously 6.4, I re-evaluated this one based on what is really there in comparison to the other shows above and my expectations for the next season are somewhat calculated into this new rating as well, the mystery was quite intriguing to me, but I'm somewhat worried about their emphasis on character development, background and psychology going forward, including the introduction of new characters that I'm probably going to be a lot less interested in than the mystery of this whole severance business, as well as the peculiar and at times hilarious execution of it, especially in the pilot)
Arcane (5.1)*
Foundation (4.8)** (I have to say though that the last episode looked more promising again, I gave it +0.5 for it, but if it continues like that, I may have to raise it back up in the direction of its old 6.1 rating that I had after season 1)
The Orville (4.7)*
The Witcher (4.6)* (previous rating after season 2: 6)
ST Discovery (4.5)*
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (4.4)** (previous rating after season 1: 5.1)
The Last Of Us (4.3)* (5+6+1+3+5+7+1+5+6 = 39 for 9 episodes = 4.333 average)
The Boys (4.1)*
Shadow and Bone (4)*
Stranger Things (3.9)*
What If...? (3.5)* (come on man, this is a cartoon, and we've got 9 measly episodes after 2 years? We should be well on our way to 60 episodes now, divided over 3 seasons with the 3rd season running now, I used to have this one rated a few shows below Loki, 0.3-0.5 lower)
The Wheel of Time (3.4)*
The Rig (3)*
The Peripheral (3)*
Silo (2.9)*
The Ark (2.8)*
From (2.7)*
Doctor Who (2.5)*
Secret Invasion (2.3)*
Peacemaker (2.1)*
Dota: Dragon's Blood (2)*
FTWD (2)*
1923 (1.9)*
Outer Range (1.8)*
Vikings: Walhalla (1.7)*
The Sandman (1.6)*
edit on 30-7-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join