It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinéad O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I don't know where to post this but the death of Sinéad O'Connor can't go unnoticed here. What a sad day. I hope her tortured soul finds peace now. Thank you Sinead for the cover that you elevated so far above the original. There are no words for this.

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I was listening to the radio on the way to work this morning and the hosts were more surprised she was still alive than that she had actually passed this time.

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: zandra

I never agreed with her opinions but wouldn't wish death on anyone. RIP

I prefer the Chris Cornell cover of that song, although she did give it her own twist.

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

She was not afraid of controversy and she was straightforward. Anyway, she was the singer who touched my soul the most. But that is of course personal. To me she was the greatest. Although Sia comes close ...

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   
She pointed out evil 31 years ago and got hammered for it - we've only caught on recently

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

She touched me the most by tearing up that photo of the Pope. What a horrible act.
Of course not... what a guts. What a personality. When I see what horrible crimes - especially against children - the church has on its record, you have to admire Sinead. She was so much more than an angel's voice.
edit on 27-7-2023 by zandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I'm Catholic and at the time I wasn't outraged, I just thought it was a stunt for attention. Only in the last five years or so have I begun to see the rot, evil, and decay in the leadership in Rome.

She was waaay ahead of her time. R.I.P.

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I always felt she was at her best doing traditional Irish folk songs -

edit on 7 27 2023 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The way she sings that song is so hauntingly beautiful. Sad she had such traumas in life.

I listened to Prince's original version of that song and he slaughtered it. It was made for Sinead O'connor.

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   

There is a conspiracy twist here... her death took the headlines away from Farage and the Banks!

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: inspector42

Can't say I could really followed her through all her religious Epiphany.
Her father was a structural engineer in 1966 when she was born.
Dolores O'Riordan got her start singing "Troy" at her singing audition which was an O'Connor song.
I guess that is the song I will remember her by out of the BOX.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This was not the way I wanted to find out about this. Huge talent, far ahead of her time. RIP.

join