It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ticks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Seven granules will wipe out ticks and most other insects. I have 2 bags on my front porch I'm just waiting for the wind to die down. We spread in spring and mid summer

After a bite suck down some ivermectin for 3-4 days it will get any nasties left in your blood stream.

we give the dogs IVM a few times a year and they don't have many ticks on them. 1st of July we add some medicine that goes on the neck because they have the whole farm to roam.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Topcraft
a reply to: DAVID64

I finally had enough, and ordered a product that was all natural (I have a dog), that contained cedar oil as the main ingredient, and sprayed my entire 1 acre. First, it smells great, second, we haven’t seen a tick since. I highly recommend that stuff. I guess it kills on contact.

I will be spraying that stuff every spring from now on. I hate ticks, especially deer ticks. Them buggers are small and hard to see.

Can you link it or provide the actual brand name? I have friends who live in the boonies that have major tick problems, and they'd probably love a natural solution like this.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

It’s called, Vets Best flea and tick yard spray. I found it on Amazon. Great stuff, also kills mosquitoes. I especially like the fact that it is completely safe for pets and humans. I wasn’t sure it would work, and was happily surprised when it did.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: HilterDayon

Sounds like you got bitten by a Lone Star tick.
edit on 26-7-2023 by Beowolfs because: .

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I was once happily in the bathroom, thinking, how paunchy am I today?

And there it was - a tick stuck in my belly!
Oh the shame, where did I wrong?
Rolling around at the hippie festivals, or the massive German shepherd?

Burn them off like with the doggie?

It was more a case of, rip it out ... yeah, yeah, yeah.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Luckily the army back then put you in a place where you become immune to tick-bite fever.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Topcraft
a reply to: tanstaafl

It’s called, Vets Best flea and tick yard spray. I found it on Amazon. Great stuff, also kills mosquitoes. I especially like the fact that it is completely safe for pets and humans. I wasn’t sure it would work, and was happily surprised when it did.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   

i live in central pennsylvania in the woods, ran around with a diaper
on and off as a toddler, and still cannot stand wearing shoes or sox
even walking around the forest, only time is in raspberry/ivy bushes

i feed 20 deer daily, and play with/handfeed 17? raccoons and 6 skunks and 3 cats.
took many ticks off the cats eyelids and body, had lyme disease once,
see a few on the raccoons ears but they move around too much to remove them,
i stay 20 feet or more from the deer because the bucks bob their heads around
too much so dont know if they have them.

i heard 25 years ago that lyme disease escaped plum island disease
research center, and antibiotics alone will NOT eliminate it,
(sorry cannot remember what else to look for)
and that clinton shut it down in 2005? then built research centers
all around russia and africa........ and ukraine(metabiota)

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   

And you have to watch even the tiny ones. I was doing yard work, cutting the grass. I washed my hands since I thought i had some oil on my hands from the mower. A short time later I saw my hand still had that black spot on it. I looked closer and it was a tiny tick latched onto the back of my hand. It also took some doing pulling it off. It was on my hand for maybe an hour or two. Then sometime later I felt something crawling on the inside of my leg under my pants. Again after doing yard work. I opened my pants and looked and saw noting and thought maybe it was just my imagination or an ant that got on me. Then when going to the bathroom later I saw on the inside of my thigh the small tick latched onto my skin. Again it took some pulling to get it off with a tweezers although i doused it with rubbing alcohol first. I didn't have any ill effects but i did look for the signs for several weeks after.
My cousins oldest son is claiming to have caught the allergy to meat from a tick bite. That would suck.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Hey, I'm in ky too. I'll keep an eye out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join