It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis Experiencers / Have You Ever Had an Episode with The Guardian of The Threshold?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Haven't logged in for a cpl years.
I read the op and saw the picture..
I experienced that one night while staying with a friend in a "bad" neighborhood.

I woke.. had no body control.. no voice other than a moan while that figure was over me.

Then boom.. blacked out after around 30 seconds and woke up shaken.

I believe the area I was in was probably inundated with malevolent somethings

Trippy.

B

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

The Guardian/Dweller is an aspect of ourself, not a hooded entity.

Sure about that?

So explain the 28-32 year old beautiful woman whos showed up in a Victorian black balloon dress after the Guardian left Christmas week 2018 never to return as I prayed o God. Then in Spring 2021 a short young 20 something woman in 1980's clothing appeared. Her last visit was to throw a rock at my wife's head while asleep. I broke free from the paralysis and blocked it. She never returned. Then a young boy appeared after her in late Spring 2021. He floated across the room near the ceiling just once. Then gone. Last SP was on January 30, 2022. A totally nude woman.

I never knew any of them. I am also SP free since January 30, 2022. Please elaborate!
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Timber13

Thanks. At issue here is that the majority do not know what's ongoing nor what its called. It took me 50 years by joining ATS and writing to OP SLED735

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I believe you have misunderstood me. I am not here to verify, challenge, or diagnose your experiences.

The Guardian/Dweller on the Threshold is an aspect of the self. When we undergo the self-work of philosophic alchemy (spiritual path, self improvement, path of enlightenment, etc.), the Dweller/Guardian manifests as a strong primal influence, attempting to pull us back to our carnal and lower nature of egotism, desire, passion, and ignorance. The Guardian/Dweller is more of an unseen influence (almost natural instinct), rather than a manifest independent entity or being, and it most certainly is not associated with sleep paralysis.

What you are experiencing is something else; definitely not the Guardian/Dweller.

Satyan nasti paro dharmah!!!

edit on 7/27/23 by Sahabi because: Satyan nasti paro dharmah!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The last one was January 30, 2022 and it terrified me so much that I thought in my mind; "Jesus please help me" and it stopped immediately.

The above should probably tell you all you need to know about the spiritual hierarchy of this universe & whom should be receiving your prayers. From my experience I can confirm that a connection to Jesus is all you need for spiritual freedom.

ETA - I actually had quite a few SP experiences as well - again, by calling on Jesus they sstopped instantly. Before I knew the Lord I had an experience with a succubus in sleep paralysis, and it ignited one of the darkest episodes of my life which then persisted for many years until the Lord redeemed me from its effects. I will be happy to share by pm if you want to hear about it. I've actually spoken about it at length on ATS formerly, but can't recall which thread/post, so can't link you to it..

edit on JulyThursday2317CDT08America/Chicago-050024 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I remember one sleep paralysis dream from my high school days. In the dream I was walking with my friends through the school library and we were going somewhere ti explore something. My friends had gotten slightly ahead of me and I was hurrying to catch up as they were just turning a corner and I didn't want to lose them. I was sharing our excitement and high spirits and made the comment that I was not afraid of any adventure or going anywhere. Just then from around the corner stood a man dressed in black in a hooded cowl. He was old with a grey beard. He didn't seem evil, or threatening exactly, but challenging me to take me up on my claim. I knew that if I went with him I might never come back. Probably never. I fainted in the dream.
I came to still in the dream and heard some men calling me to wake up. I felt that if I looked up and saw him I'd be spirited away so I pretended to still be unconscious and they kept telling me to open my eyes. Then I actually did wake up.
I still wonder if that was all a dream or maybe some interpretation of some encounter I may have had at the time. Alien abductions, the men in black, MK Ultra, I think its all possible.

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I've had many SP experiences, most of which without hallucinations. Just paralyzed in my bed trying to move my body. The ones that did include hallucinatory aspects did not show any entity with defined edges. No observable frame. They seemed like a badly drawn black "things" that appeared out of no where and flew really fast into the wall. Each time one of these appeared, I'd feel intense fear as I see them fly quickly into the wall. The feeling of fear seems to be automatically generated as I wouldn't even have time to realize that something scary is supposedly flying around in my room. The fear and the "entities" seem to happen simultaneously.

As I think back, I don't even think I was actually looking at my room. I think it was a version of my room created by my mind which took into account my sleeping position and my memory of my room. I laugh out loud at myself after each SP experience for taking it seriously while it was happening.

I think the mind creates these scary hallucinations as it interprets paralysis as being frozen in fear. "Freeze" is one of the brain's three responses to dangerous situations (The fight-flight-freeze response). That's just my guess.

I don't think these "entities" are real. They must be creations of the mind.

If you read about Lucid dreaming, you'll learn that some method can help you induce SP whenever you want. Are these beings just coincidently there every time you decide to induce SP? I don't think so..

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: belowbottomsecret1
If you read about Lucid dreaming, you'll learn that some method can help you induce SP whenever you want. Are these beings just coincidently there every time you decide to induce SP? I don't think so..

I can't help but wonder if we are all talking about the same thing here.

I mentioned aloofness earlier. I have written about this experience here on ATS before. "I" was half way out of my body in the first stages of an OBE and a small black gooey orb decided to fly at my face and skull eff me. Not the hooded guy in the OP or the naked women others mentioned previously. Just a softball sized thing that stuck to my face and tried penetrating me through one of my eye sockets. I was terrified but remembered something from Carlos Castaneda's books about switching off your fear. "Click" I became unemotional and the thing popped off of my face seemed to scan my face and then darted into a corner and disappeared.

Since that day I have had many SP episodes but I don't feel fear, to me it is just a chance to try and have an OBE. So maybe here is another way of thinking about SP, as far as I have been able to figure out, SP is the first step in OBE's. Your body is asleep but you are conscious. You try to animate your body in the usual way but it doesn't respond and you start to panic, you fill in the gaps with whatever boogiemen you know about.

Like Sahabi said, aspects of you and the resolution would also be aspects of you, like invoking the name of someone more powerful than you and them.

I find it interesting that the name given to this entity in this thread is "The Guardian of The Threshold" and many of the replies recommend invoking a deity to make it go away but nobody, well maybe a couple of us, has mentioned how to get past him and break that threshold.

It is almost like a feedback loop that keeps you in fear of the guardian and god (whatever flavor) and kinda stuck in the this plane of existence.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I will disagree with you, respectively. I have been interviewed by several PhD's on the subject and they all have Sleep Paralysis. So at age 7 we already have an ego? One PhD led me to read Ruldolph Steiner.

Roudolph Steiners Guardian of the threshold Part II

Our exchange could be a simple difference of cultures as I am sticking to the above. I am also a Catholic who hasen't attended the church and was non practicing for decades. I returned in 2021. I now attend church weekly and I pray to the Rosary.

You didn't comment on the female entities nor the brilliant white shield.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I used to dabble a bit with remote viewing and there are places you are not allowed....there is a Guardian at the gate.

Try these coordinates and see what happens....47582---28708, if you get in... p2p me.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I have seen this so-called "guardian of the threshold" only once.
I have had sleep paralysis on a handful of occasions, all within a span of a year or two. This would be back in 2008-09.

The instance with the hooded tall black cloaked creature/apparition was the very LAST time I had an actual SP episode.

At the time I lived in a remodeled home that was converted into 4 separate apartments. The place was terribly haunted. All of the apartment tenets had strange things occur on a weekly basis. It was so bad that when I signed the lease for the apartment, the landlords wouldn't even set foot in the apartment. (I soon found out why)

Anyway, one evening I woke up in the middle of the night. Around 3am (so cliche right?). I looked over to the night stand to see what time it was and this tall black figure caught my eye. It was standing in the corner of my room looking down at me. It was around 7' tall I'd say. It's head was just under the ceiling. The figure was totally black, I couldn't make out a face or clothing or anything. I even sat up calmly and rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't just "seeing things".. but it was there, and didn't move whatsoever.
At first I was a little startled.. but by then I was so used to the strange happenings in the apartment that I guess I just didn't really care. I just smirked and went back to bed like it never happened.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I have the SP to. But, it been a while, a year or two ago. They are in color. The last one, I heard coming and I went oh no you don't. Cause they know that I will call on Jesus Christ name and I will attack them and chase them down no matter where they go.
edit on 28-7-2023 by kennethmd because: I had more to write.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

As I said, you are experiencing something that is not the Guardian/Dweller on the Threshold. The hooded figure, the female entities, the brilliant white light, and any other external entity is not the Guardian/Dweller.

Rudolph Steiner got his start in the Theosophical Society, learning its concepts and systems of occultism. Because of schism, Steiner was expelled from the Theosophical Society and he then began his own Anthroposophical Society. At this time, Steiner began to teach a New-Agey corruption of Theosophy.

Original Theosophy, free from Steiner’s New Agey tamperings, supports what I have been saying:

Dweller on the Threshold (Theosophy Wiki)

T. Subba Row described the image of the Dweller as being similar to that of the battle described in the Bhagavad Gita. He wrote:

Philosophically it is the great battle in which the human Spirit has to fight against the lower passions in the physical body. Many of our readers have probably heard about the so-called ‘Dweller on the Threshold,’ so vividly described in Lytton’s novel, Zanoni. According to this author’s description, the Dweller on the Threshold seems to be some elemental, or other monster of mysterious form, appearing before the neophyte just as he is about to enter the mysterious land, and attempting to shake his resolution with menaces of unknown dangers if he is not fully prepared.

There is no such monster in reality. The description must be taken in a figurative sense. But nevertheless there is a Dweller on the Threshold, whose influence on the mental plane is far more trying than any physical terror can be. The real Dweller on the Threshold is formed of the despair and despondency of the neophyte, who is called upon to give up all his old affections for kindred, parents and children, as well as his aspirations for objects of worldly ambition, which have perhaps been his associates for many incarnations.

In rarer cases, however, something far more dreadful may happen. When the lower Manas is doomed to exhaust itself by starvation; when there is no longer hope that even a remnant of a lower light will, owing to favorable conditions––say, even a short period of spiritual aspiration and repentance––attract back to itself its Parent Ego, then Karma leads the Higher Ego back to new incarnations. In this case the Kâma-Mânasic spook may become that which we call in Occultism the “Dweller on the Threshold.” This “Dweller” is not like that which is described so graphically in Zanoni, but an actual fact in nature and not a fiction in romance, however beautiful the latter may be. Bulwer must have got the idea from some Eastern Initiate. Our “Dweller,” led by affinity and attraction, forces itself into the astral current, and through the Auric Envelope of the new tabernacle inhabited by the Parent Ego, and declares war to the lower light which has replaced it. This, of course, can only happen in the case of the moral weakness of the personality so obsessed. No one strong in his virtue, and righteous in his walk of life, can risk or dread any such thing; but only those depraved in heart.

Collected Writings of Helena Petrovna Blavatsky

The “Dweller on the Threshold” is found in two cases: (a) In the case of the separation of the Triangle from the Quaternary; (b) When Kâmic desires and passions are so intense that the Kâma Rûpa persists in Kâma Loka beyond the Devachanic period of the Ego, and thus survives the reincarnation of the Devachanic Entity (e.g., when reincarnation occurs within two hundred or three hundred years). The “Dweller” being drawn by affinity towards the Reincarnating Ego to whom it had belonged, and being unable to reach it, fastens on the Kâma of the new personality, and becomes the Dweller on the Threshold, strengthening the Kâmic element and thus lending it a dangerous potency. Some become mad from this cause.

”The Secret Doctrine”, Helena Petrovna Blavatsky

You are experiencing things and grossly misattributing to the Dweller/Guardian, thereby spreading misinformation.

Deny Ignorance!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   
These are actually the original occult teachings about the Dweller, before New Age distortions.

The Dweller on the Threshold

Has such a being any existence? Has any one ever seen it? Are there many or several, and has it any sex? Such are the questions asked by nearly all students who read theosophical books. Some of those who all their life believed in fairies in secret and in the old tales of giants, have proceeded to test the question by calling upon the horrid shade to appear and freeze their blood with the awful eyes that Bulwer Lytton has made so famous in his "Zanoni." But the Dweller is not to be wooed in such a way, and has not appeared at all, but by absolute silence leads the invoker to at last scout the idea altogether.

William Quan Judge, Theosophical Articles Vol. II

Dweller on the Threshold

A term coined by Bulwer Lytton in his novel Zanoni that refers to an invisible malevolent entity that attaches to and influences a particular person. Helena P. Blavatsky defined them as “maleficent astral Doubles of defunct persons” (TG). The Dweller is actually the astral shell of the same individual in a previous incarnation. The personality during that earlier incarnation may have been so strong, but selfish or materialistic, that its animal life had not worn itself out yet. It may incarnate itself a number of times with the parent Ego or Causal Body. There may come a point however when the parent Ego acquires a new personality and no longer uses the old astral shell, which still has animal life in it. The latter, however, is still drawn to the parent Ego and becomes a malevolent influence. This is the “Dweller of the Threshold”.

Theosopedia

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   

yes because "theosophy" is fact and we should never question those facts.

If you were to try and maintain any debate about these ideas I wouldn't have issue with.
But the idea that you base your judgments of others and call them spreaders of mis information IS in itself ignorance and i am going to assume that is the only argument you can make which would lend to the idea that you are even close to being correct.

Your attempts to derail this conversation and demonize people based on theosophic musings is the epitome dis information

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

Triggered much by misunderstanding?

Within the original teachings of leading Rosicrucian, Theosophical, and Anthroposhopical works, the Dweller has always been an aspect of the self. This is literally what the Dweller has been known as in initiatic, esoteric, and occult circles for over a hundred years.

The OP has taken an established word with an established conceptual meaning, and is now using that word incorrectly to explain different phenomena altogether. That is either intentional or unintentional misinformation, and your support of such misinformation is the epitome of disinformation.

Have a cool story about ethereal beings and entities? Cool beans dude. But it is ignorance to use established words incorrectly, and it is propaganda to spread such misunderstandings.

Just tell the darn story about the experiences with entities without wrongly appropriating long-established occult words (i.e., “Dweller on/of the Threshold”, etc.)

edit on 7/28/23 by Sahabi because: Gnothi Seauton!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Im definitely not the one that is "triggered"

i actually find your anger and frustration amusing and your attemps to demean others based on semantics tells me all i need to know.

Please show me one instance where your "long-established occult words" are proven as facts

And i dont mean proof that they have been long established, i dont doubt that, but when and where were they "proven facts"
edit on 28pm31400000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Educating others on the proper definition of words only appears as demeaning, frustration, and anger to those who are unaccustomed to academic debate, critical peer review, and fact checking.

Occult words and concepts are fully open to scrutiny and investigation by those who willfully choose to prepare the ground to pierce the veil through a multitude of cultural renditions of philosophic alchemy. Trial by self-work is the true gauge of esotericism and occultism. Want to experience the Dweller? Try your best to transcend and overcome your lower nature and you will meet it.

To support the confirmation bias of your first reply to me, you now ask me to prove an intangible thing that is experiential. This is like demanding proof of thought, proof of inner dialogue, or proof of love.

Now, the tangible proof is that the literal word and concept of a Dweller is an occult concept used for over a hundred years to describe a part of the self. If you argue against this, perhaps you are also prone to ignoring dictionaries and etymological research.

Misappropriating the word Dweller in this thread is like imposing upon us the word apple to define an athletic shoe. How absurd!

edit on 7/28/23 by Sahabi because: It is unwise to debate the flavor of an apple if one has not dared to open their mouth for a taste!

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   

But this is why I find your comments and anger amusing....
you assume that you are educating, and perhaps that is your intent but you fail see the interpretation because you cant get past semantic arguments.

If an individual is having these experiences, then what is to say that it is not indeed the dweller on the threshold? Your assumption that the term is being "misappropriated" is invalidated by the individual experiences themselves. In fact you could say that you yourself in this thread are acting on behalf of this concept.

your arguments, based on the literary canonization of occult concepts, that the individual experience and interpretation is both ignorant and incorrect, is a mis understanding in itself. As you said, it is merely a concept, there is no other basis in truth other than popular acceptance of said terms.

However, I feel you have missed some integral points.
You seem to make the assumption that peoples experiences and interpretations are not faith based. This would presume the existence of demons/devils as well as angels/god.
So when one has an experience with "St. Michael's dragon" this can be both attributed to esoteric occult concepts as well deep rooted religious psychology, the two are NOT mutually exclusive

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Relying on gaslighting and character insults, you stand on the platform that word definitions and etymologies do not matter.

You have basically concluded that any supernatural or paranormal experience may be labeled as the Dweller.

This is like trying to debate that the classical “Jungian Shadow” and “Shadow People” are one in the same, when clearly Jung’s “Shadow” embodies a precise concept of the psyche, while “Shadow People” proposes the existence of non-physical sentient entities.

—————————————————————

The classical Dweller manifests as a direct result of accomplishing spiritual milestones and ascending the path of enlightenment, just like one can expect to experience a Dark Night of the Soul or the Jungian Shadow during such a quest. The Dweller pulls and persuades us to remain attached to our lower nature when communion with the Higher Self is in sight.

What is the “threshold”? It is the barrier between the lower self and Higher Self.

What is the Dweller? It is a part of the psyche that guards the causeway between the lower self and Higher Self.

The OP has stated to have experienced said entities since prepubescents and even witnessed such an entity fluffing his partner’s pillow. The backstory and personal experiences of the OP mentioned in this thread have absolutely nothing to do with:

a.) Ascending the path of enlightenment

b.) Being influenced to abandon the path of enlightenment in favor of egotism, carnal passion, desire, and ignorance

And because a negation of points a. and b., it has nothing to do with the Dweller on the Threshold.

—————————————————————

The title of this thread asks, ”Have You Ever Had an Episode with The Guardian of The Threshold?”

I have many firsthand experiences with the Dweller and I am a lecturer for multiple esoteric organizations. Teaching about the Dark Night of the Soul, the Shadow, and the Dweller are part of my repertoire.

By the very title of the thread, I was indirectly invited to share my expertise on the subject.

—————————————————————

As previously mentioned; the experiences of the OP are not being questioned by me. Simply, I am pointing out this thread’s incorrect usage and misappropriation of both the word and concept “Dweller/Guardian on/of the Threshold”.

If you are so upset about sticking to the meaning of words, we might as well start labeling the Dweller as aliens, Bigfoot, Lochness Monster, fairies, angels, demons, Santa Clause, unicorns, and leprechauns. While we’re at it, we may as well remove all associations of the Dweller from backsliding on the path of enlightenment; because after all, backsliding the path of enlightenment is what the Dweller is all about, regardless of how our minds may perceive the guardian or its manifestation.

edit on 7/28/23 by Sahabi because: Visibilia Ex Invisibilibus!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join