It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Charles to receive huge pay rise from UK taxpayers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

Details published by Treasury show royal family’s grant is expected to increase from £86m to £125m in 2025

King Charles III is to receive a huge pay rise from the UK taxpayer, according to government plans to boost public funding of the monarchy by 45% from 2025.

Details of the increase, which comes against the backdrop of a cost of living crisis, were contained in a review of royal funding published by the Treasury on Thursday. It revealed the royal family’s grant is due to increase from £86m to £125m.

The monarchy’s annual budget, known as the sovereign grant, is pegged against the profits from a national property portfolio called the crown estate

Our friends from the UK and the Commonwealth can comment and discuss whether they support monarchy and whether the taxpayer should pay for Kings Charles III and his family. The current royal grant is £86M which is approximately $111M, and is expected to rise to £125M which is around $161M.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Of course he should get a raise! Every time he goes shopping at his local supermarket, he finds the price of lettuce has tripled. And that eats into his measly £86M income.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg
I'm not British but this is just absolutely disgusting. The level of greed and opulance on show is already ridiculous and they just want to add to it. He was born and somehow that makes him more 'special' than someone who's studied years to become a doctor ? Even if someone didn't study but is working hard at a 9-5 job, that's something Charles boy can never understand or will never have to suffer through.
IMO this is also further part of the NWO plan : "You will own nothing but be happy". In other words they will own it all

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

If i had to choice a Head Of State from Biden, Trump, Putin , Macron or Charles it would'nt be the first four.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Choke on it your Majesty.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Wasnt your country at one point if not still a part of the commonwealth? Makes sense you'd want a king to rule you...not to say Amy one your list are worth leaders which also says a lot...lile you couldn't actually fund a good example if leader to learn on. Sad world we live in indeed.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
Of course he should get a raise! Every time he goes shopping at his local supermarket, he finds the price of lettuce has tripled. And that eats into his measly £86M income.

Very good point!
He may as well get support from charities to supplement his income.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
I'm not British but this is just absolutely disgusting. The level of greed and opulance on show is already ridiculous and they just want to add to it. He was born and somehow that makes him more 'special' than someone who's studied years to become a doctor ? Even if someone didn't study but is working hard at a 9-5 job, that's something Charles boy can never understand or will never have to suffer through.
IMO this is also further part of the NWO plan : "You will own nothing but be happy". In other words they will own it all

You meant meritocracy by any chance?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Your future gleam is a shopping scheme...

youtu.be...

youtu.be...
edit on 20-7-2023 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Your future gleam is a shopping scheme...

youtu.be...

Video not available

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I put a second link in my comment

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I've heard it before Charles and the Royal Family are entitled to what they have because they are royals. What do you think of this argument. Actually there are people who will support it and argue passionately in favour of monarchy and whatever else is part of the package.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well to be fair he needs it after paying all that inheritance tax like everyone else has to, no wait 🤔
edit on 20-7-2023 by Albert999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: ancientlight

If i had to choice a Head Of State from Biden, Trump, Putin , Macron or Charles it would'nt be the first four.

Respectfully they all are varying degrees of chit, and you pay 125 MIllion for the least smelly one out of 5 and are happy about it .... brilliant.

Here's where we hear how much the monarchy money-mooching machine brings into Britain's economy.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
Choke on it your Majesty.

His majesty the King!
King Charles III

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   
For someone who talks about slimming down the monarchy to skin and bones, that sure sounds absurd…not being able to live on his salary of what is it…86 million already?! And then for his personal money he has the Duchy of Lancaster which pays him about 49.1 million dollars annually…I don’t think I could spend that much money if o gave it my best shot! I don’t even think I could put a dent in it! And don’t forget, as monarch his security and travel is paid for him already and is not part of his salary. Sounds to me simply like too many royals have amassed and without any work history and they need brother Chuck to provide entirely for them. Thank God at least Andy’s little girls married billionaires because too many people at once are attempting to live off of the monarch’s salary that now, the offensively high pay for a public servant simply can’t cut it. But you have Andy, the Duke and Duchess of Worthless, the Prince of Kent, Alexandra, the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh, Anne, and pretty much everyone but Anne’s family who provide for themselves mooching off that salary in some way or another. I guess that’s the downside of having many kids as a monarch.
edit on 7/20/2023 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Wow
Can you brexit the king?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Wow
Can you brexit the king?

You need to ask Germany or Denmark or even Greece.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

I've heard it before Charles and the Royal Family are entitled to what they have because they are royals. What do you think of this argument. Actually there are people who will support it and argue passionately in favour of monarchy and whatever else is part of the package.

He was born. What makes him so special?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It's not like Charles asked or petitioned for the money.
Which would have been a completely different issue. Time to go back to parliament an fix this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join